The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ IUnlockYourMind (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3294 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I'm in no rush to have this updated because 6 digit pins are still pretty rare as are passwords (also supported in ios9), I still mainly come accross 4 digit pins. The fact that even when 6 digit pins are common there will still be many people that stick to 4 digit pins and some that choose to use passwords means that it's not a simple update, one first has to figure out the best way to accommodate 4 and 6 digit pins and passwords.

Currently 6 digit pins are reasonably easy to handle, try the first 4 digits of your pin, now try the last 4, of course your pin doesn't work on my phone. I don't need iunlockyourmind to unlock their phone, I have multiple ways to do that so if they have a 6 digit pass code and particularly if the have a password I'm happy to use iunlockyourmind just for their birthday and bank pin (which isn't changing from 4 digits any time soon).

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
I haven't found anyone at my school who has a 6 digit pin.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7143 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I know Myke has had drama's with updates as Apple will not allow the lock screens to be identical in case the owner him / herself becomes confused between the two. However, I cannot see any reason why he cannot update the app to allow the new 6 digit pin divination.
magicianhelpingmagicians
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magicianhelpingmagicians
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2015, pegasus wrote:
I know Myke has had drama's with updates as Apple will not allow the lock screens to be identical in case the owner him / herself becomes confused between the two.

The app battles here are painfully dull, I am not meaning to court controversy, but sorry to say it, but that simply isn't true. There are several magic apps that are like that. It's a shame when creators refuse to do what is essentially a very simple graphical update. But, seeing as they still have to use zoom mode for the 6 plus, I cannot see Myke updating the lock screen nor the PIN issue.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3665 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Or, as I wrote before in a different thread: It is no problem at all... just a matter of presentation and asking the right questions. If someone uses a 6 digit code (besides that you can set the/your iPhone 6s to a 4 digit code as well...) you can still present it. Just tell him that you (still) use a 4 digit code... if he uses 6 digits, simply ask him to say aloud his first 2 digits and then try the following 4 digits silently (in order) on your phone to see if it unlocks... Of course it does not; it is even more believable as he tries a part of his pin code to unlock your phone... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1159 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
"Sometimes, the coincidences in this life just amaze me. My PIN has 4 digits. Your PIN has 6 digits. I wonder of its possible if 4 digits of your PIN just happen to be my exact PIN code. Do you think it might be first 4 digits or the last 4 digits of your PIN. Hmmm...1st 4? Okay try it. No? Try the last 4..."
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Is I Unlock being updated often? Can you use it on IOS 11 and looks good? Thank you
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
231 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Yes it is being updated to iOS 11 -- Myke has shown videos of the progress in the private group for owners and it looks great!!!
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Is there an estimation of when is it going to be ready?

Another question was the problem for Plus devices been fixed?

Thank you
rasp
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of rasp
What graphic issue? I have never noticed a problem with mine, nor have I had anyone question the screen. Also, I am yet to be asked by anyone why I have not updated my phone to IOS 11, regardless
of using IUYM or any other app.

Too many people fixate on problems that they 'imagine' they have.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Rasp is you Iphone a plus or regular iPhone screen?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3294 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Mine is a 6plus and Iíve had no problems with iUnlockYourMind.

Mark
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

Great to know mine is a 6plus too. What version do you use Standard or Pro?
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

You have to use it in zoom mode. If youíre happy with that, great.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3294 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I donít use mine in zoom mode and still no problems. Sure if someone put their 6plus next to mine and did a side by side comparison they might notice subtle differences in font size but as yet not one spectator has ever tried to do a side by side comparison of my lock screen and theirs.

Mark
rasp
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of rasp
Mine is not a plus.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Iíll probably wait for the next update review to get it. Thank you all!
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I donít use mine in zoom mode and still no problems. Sure if someone put their 6plus next to mine and did a side by side comparison they might notice subtle differences in font size but as yet not one spectator has ever tried to do a side by side comparison of my lock screen and theirs.

Mark

No one has told you they noticed, but they did. Itís a massive difference. Anyone with a plus 6 or 7 or 8 would see instantly somethingís wrong.

I just donít get why itís been three years and this mistake is still not fixed. Itís not hard.

Still, glad you like it.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3294 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2017, magic___lover wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

No one has told you they noticed, but they did. Itís a massive difference. Anyone with a plus 6 or 7 or 8 would see instantly somethingís wrong.

I just donít get why itís been three years and this mistake is still not fixed. Itís not hard.

Still, glad you like it.

No its only noticeable if you are looking for it if you have a 6 plus, 7 plus or 8 plus. I have lost count of the number of times I have mistaken the iunlock screen for my real lock screen. Several times Touch ID has opened to the pass code screen and then I put my code in and it doesnít work, I try again it still donít work and Iím like WTF and then I realise Iím on the iunlock screen. After 35 yrears in the business I can tell when a spectator is fooled and when they are being polite and most of the venues I work people tend not to be polite and will call you out without a second thought whether they have a clue or not. If it can fool me when I know I have the app installed then it will fool spectators too particularly as Touch ID is so commonly used now that people rarely look at the pass code entry screens. Likewise most iPhone users know that you can change the text size and can use zoom mode so the slightly bigger font is not an issue.

Mark
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
As I said, if youíre happy, great.

Iíd not give money for an app thatís not managed a very simple graphic change in three years. Doesnít fill me with faith about the company behind it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ IUnlockYourMind (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL