The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Well I went for it myself. I've had a few hours to play around and I can see this being what most have said. Like any type of mentalism, it's the presentation that sells it. Looking forward to getting this out there and will post an update.

D
Twitter @darjames
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
So I've had a chance to perform this in the real world a number of times now and will say that it simply is wonderful. The key is (like most mentalisim) the showmanship to make this work. Not once have I had someone suspect an app. The look itself is exactly like my home screen, nothing funny at all. As far as the reveal of their info goes, yes it's best to wait a bit but is not necessary. At that point I'll continue my presentation, ask a few questions then say, "let me try something with my intuition.

To be honest, the reactions are huge on this, I was very skeptical even after buying this but as I said above, it's the presentation and timing that you use that make this work. It's honestly my faveourit thing to do in an impromptu setting as it's right there ready to go. Nothing odd to carry around, just your phone and their thoughts.

If I had the money, I'd go for the other version as I feel that it's worth the price. The reactions really are that strong, maybe in the future, who knows. Great work Myke, this is a winner.

D
Twitter @darjames
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Any news on pro?
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of rasp
What news are you after?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1441 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Think pro version can only be used on a jail broken phone?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 13:30, reignofsound wrote:

No this is not the case.

Works great, and just keeps getting better.

Steve
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I believe you need something else for the pro version which makes it that much mor superior. At the moment, I can't afford both expenses but I truly believe it would be worth it.
Twitter @darjames
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Used this again today, ran into a little issue. If they have a blackberry, the passcode is longer then 4 numbers. I ended up using there pin so no worries. Anyone else run into this at any point in time?
Twitter @darjames
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
496 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Alright I just went back and read this entire thread. Some of it is downright hilarious. I understand that there was a non apple version of this for $300 that has become the "pro" version. And now there is a apple approved version for $75. Can someone please give me specifics to what the differences are? Actually if someone can PM me the specifics I really want to consider which one that I want. I have been an Android phone user but have recently bought an Ipad and I use it for a great deal of my show in different capacities.

Many thanks in advance

Gordon
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1441 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 13:54, Stephen Young wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 13:30, reignofsound wrote:

No this is not the case.

Works great, and just keeps getting better.

Steve

So the pro version is on the App Store?
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of rasp
No the pro version is not on the app store........... get in touch with Myke Phillips direct
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I love this, but appear to be having some technical issues.

If anyone had had anything similar can they pm me?

Many thanks,

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
It was in fact me! Great customer services from Myke, thanks for explaining.

Simon.
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2692 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2014, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:
Alright I just went back and read this entire thread. Some of it is downright hilarious. I understand that there was a non apple version of this for $300 that has become the "pro" version. And now there is a apple approved version for $75. Can someone please give me specifics to what the differences are? Actually if someone can PM me the specifics I really want to consider which one that I want. I have been an Android phone user but have recently bought an Ipad and I use it for a great deal of my show in different capacities.

Many thanks in advance

Gordon
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Can I just say , this is a phenomenal piece of mentalism. You can focus hugely on the presentation. It can be a massive five minute routine of pure entertainment and joyous bewilderment.

I've not had scream from an effect from mentalism for a while. But the theater if done correctly for the final number and then the phone opening is better than any 'reveal the number on a pad' I have seen

Astonishing. Well done. Now stop selling it.

Simon.
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Furthermore, should anyone ask, I perform a lot of 'classic' mentalism. Billet switches, stacks, forces etc. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but this is what everyone talks about at the end of the night.

Well done sirs.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Thank you for your kind words Simon. Salah and I really appreciate it so much.

You make a good point about being able to concentrate on presentation with iUnlock, and this is key for real world performance, especially if you are paid to entertain.

Since the release of iUnlockYourMind there have been a few product release attempts to recreate a "Phone Passcode reveal" type effect and their selling point is, "NO APP REQUIRED", But, the reality is there are, in my opinion, only two real world practical ways to do this, have the participant write it down or use iUnlock.

Myke
X
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
You're welcome Myke

I generally buy a lot of stuff, some is fun, some practical with work on the routining and presentation, some downright terrible. Not for a long time have I purchased something that I couldn't put down, and went to bed with my head swimming with the possibilities. I carefully scripted the routine and pictured how it would build, the presentation for forcing the numbers in the spectators' mind, and then when I performed it the reactions we're exactly how I imagined! A beautiful, organic and inexplicable moment when the phone clicks open. And then the possibilities afterwards for clean and direct, strong mentalism just add so much.

I am always on the search for routines that can be performed anywhere , anytime. This is probably the best routine I have for that, as if you have your phone with you you can astonish anyone, anytime. As I mentioned I perform a lot of different routines, but this is the one people we're taking about!

I couldn't agree more that this should NOT be about a trick with the phone. I play this as a serious piece of psychology, forcing each number in a progressive way in the minds of the spectators. This takes any heat off the phone, as this should not be played as a trick with a phone. I've heard this is sold out now. What a shame....!

Simon.
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2692 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2014, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:

Many thanks in advance

Gordon
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
496 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Lunatik I am assuming that you keep quoting my post because you would like to get similar answers. I decided to take the plunge and buy the regular Apple version.

Here is what I learned. The reason that I couldn't or you can't get answers to those questions is because this is a somewhat public forum and the people who own the pro version aren't going to discuss the specifics here. But I can tell you this much. The regular version is awesome! However it just gives you a few of the basic options. But it is well worth the price. I have not yet bought the PRO version but I am definitely going to soon. It just gives you so many more options. If you are at all interested in the PRO version I suggest you just contact Myke and buy it first. Otherwise you will probably be like me and end up having to pay $345 for it. ($75 for the initial version + $270 for the upgrade to Pro)
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL