The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..21~22~23 [Next]
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
Hi all,
I have had the opportunity to delve into this new app. I am a worker and there are few magic apps that I would warrant using as they often feel like clever bits of tech aimed at as many buyers as possible. However, this one is superb! It doesn't feel like anything to do with apps. Not only that but most of the guys who are involved in the testing of this app are people whom I have a huge amount of time for and would never endorse something they are not excited by. Neither would I.
I am going to be using this regularly. In fact I may get more involved. Ideas are flying.
All the best
Paul
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of bekralik
What I like most about the premise is that it incorporates five of the strongest elements in a magic effect: magic that happens in a spectator's hands; having a spectator do the magic; reading a spectator's mind; using every day, common objects in an impromptu manner; and having a simple, clear, and memorable effect.

Brian
Perl
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
370 Posts

Profile of Perl
What I like most about the premise is how insignificant and casual the actions are, but the possibility is only limited by your imagination. It is always engaging and ice-breaking if you could start off with statements like,
"Are you a natural mind reader? I think I can sense your aura, madam."
"I need someone like you to delve into the innner mind and read the most private secrets of human"
"How about just try and read my mind now..."

Hand them your iphone VERY CASUALLY and ask them to try guessing your passcode with their intuition. After various tries without success, you tell them you will unlock their phone instead. Make it a big moment, but purposely fail to unlock their phone.
"If I am that good, I will be already at the atm machine withdrawing your money!!"

This could be the perfect gag to earn a laugh while lowering their expectations, before hitting them hard with their passcod/birthday/pincode revelations in any way you like. I could foresee this being the perfect and standard way to approach an audience pre-show, since this is too casual and too perfect a method to obtain secrets! All magician should equip with such a beauty. It's effect is too powerful to forget, while the method is too casual/insignificant to remember.

Perl Lee
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of celebrity
What I like most is that you don't have to use this as is, you don't have to unlock their phone, you don't have to make this as your go to effect in fact far from it. The strength of this app is the facility to harvest the details in order to do this days, weeks, months after the event. I like the fact that I can be in a different room, city, country and request that the spectator use the information in a disconnected way.

:)
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3125 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I understand all this about personal passcode , but how do you know its relevant in anyway to them ie bank card no. date of birth etc. Mine sure isn't its just a random number I made up . That being said the effect as described is really growing on me and I think I may have jumped the gun a bit on my earlier posts in this thread .
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I spoke to an app designer a while back concerning a similar idea. Don't get me wrong... your product sounds WAY better than the simple thing I had come up with!!

He told me that Apple would have an issue with the app idea... as it would either use part of their coding, or at least use elements of their design work re: Look of the 'unlock function' etc...

That may be why they are taking their sweet time Smile

Either way, congratulations on this product guys.... it sounds like an app-salute winner Smile

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this one!!
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of thementalist814
What if it doesn't get approved? Will we be screwed?
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

I was thinking. You can sell it on Lybrary.com if Apple doesn't approve. That's where app designers go sell their apps that were not approved by Apple.
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

I'd rather have it on the App Store. It's much easier to manage it from there, including updates.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Granted, it IS easier to have it on the App store.... but Apple also take a percentage of sales so.. It may be a consideration, for financial reasons, to launch it on Lybrary?

Secondly, you have probably already considered naming the app something un-related to what it actually is... to prevent it being easily found by the general public.

A quick google search of the app functions will often return the name of it... as well as our chats that are taking place right here!

So... might also be time to take this convo down stairs??
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Good point mate!
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2012-10-10 14:18, illusioneer wrote:
Yes after doing some research based on Mr. Vigil's recommendation - I would like to fight for a download code! Smile

Im just gonna fight Vigil for his actual phone if/when I happen to see him in a few weeks at mindvention!

that's right P.V!! Im comin' after ya iPhone!! Smile
FredNarlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
320 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
What I like about it is the fact that for me and most others with smartphones, our phone are like our safes. We have valuable info on our phones. We have pictures of loved ones, notes, reminders, music, phone numbers, etc. It's our LIFELINE in so many ways. When the spectator can unlock your phone, your portable object that houses much of your life, it makes them feel they really accomplished something! They are baffled! THEN, when you unlock their phone, now they start to wonder...what else can this guy do? If he can get in my phone or know the year I was born or my BANK PIN CODE (!!!), then you become not a magician, but someone who can dive into people's minds.

iUnLockYourMind is equal to opening up the spectator's home safe with them watching. Love it!
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 13:23, Paul Shirley wrote:
Granted, it IS easier to have it on the App store.... but Apple also take a percentage of sales so.. It may be a consideration, for financial reasons, to launch it on Lybrary?

Secondly, you have probably already considered naming the app something un-related to what it actually is... to prevent it being easily found by the general public.

A quick google search of the app functions will often return the name of it... as well as our chats that are taking place right here!

So... might also be time to take this convo down stairs??

The app is well hidden Smile , you can ask the spectator to check every app on your iPhone and even the running app they will find NOTHING, we have thought about almost every detail and wee have some of the top pro in our beta testers team. We are continuously improving the app.
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
Guys, the Contest is still on Smile
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3447 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Hmm it just dawned on me that my iPhone is jailbroken and has a custom lockscreen so I don't think this app is going to be suitable as it will be based on a standard lockscreen.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1118 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Hi Mark, you can add backgrounds no problems!

Myke
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1118 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Mark just read you post again and I now understand.

My iPhone is jailbroken too, and there is not an issue with what you have mentioned.

Good thoughts.... It's on it's way!!

Myke
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3447 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Backgrounds aren't a problem but my lockscreen has a custom clock, a long hand date and also the number pad is themed.
I like the concept because it's organic and has an emotional hook. When they unlock your phone they think the trick is over. Then pow ... You hit them right where they live when they least expect it. If that's not already pretty awesome you are now one, two or more ahead with info you can choose to reveal at a time of your choosing in any manner you see fit. This isn't an effect it's a mentalists arsenal and it's loaded for bear!!!
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Shirley VS Vigil

aka Paul VS Paul

Fight of the CENTURY!

Who will win?

Time will tell!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL