We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SHUTTERBUG (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 21:05, Dr Spektor wrote:
Xizzy you won't be disappointed - if you take your time - you'll see it has numerous presentation aspects - from mood setting - murder mystery fun to supernatural horror and more

Join the discussion and have fun

We'll meet there Smile
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 22:32, Godzilla wrote:
I do not have this yet,but may I ask?
Can the photos,be added to a old photo album,then removed to go into play?
Or,would this affect presentation? (not asking exposure!)

~G

Great idea! And I have somewere the right leather photo album Smile
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
TRICK ? Blasphemy !

SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
At least the way I intend on presenting it of course.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
And if that last blaspheme was intended on my use of the word, thank you good sir for the compliment, for I take a small pride in my blasphemies.

Marc
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Not sure if Godzilla got an answer to the photo question, but wouldn't affect effect at all. In fact, I play the whole thing out of a cigar box and I think there are advantages to not starting with everything the the envelope. I'm a newspaper editor by profession, so I got the box from an old cops reporter who was buddies with the detective who was haunted by the thing. But it could just as easily be your uncle the cop's box. I've posted more on this on the effect forum, but don't want to say more here because it starts getting into questions of method.

Marc
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Quote:
On 2013-01-14 01:08, konjurer wrote:
I posted a new version of the poem on the Outlaw forum (The Poem Redux). Hope Rick doesn't mind the rewrite.

* The acrostic message more clearly identifies the killer - I view the acrostic (acronym) as the killer's signature
* More taunting and insulting to Detect1ve Lew1s
* The meter and number of syllables is more fluid I hope and all of the lines rhyme

I am rewriting the poem on 4 separate artifacts. Perhaps the image will give you a clue as to the nature of my arts and crafts project Smile

Tim

Check out the display I made to display the photos and poem. I linked to a few pictures under the "Stacked Photos" and "The Poem" topics on the Outlaw Effects forum.
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Shutterbug owners, I've posted some additional comments on the OutlawEffects Forum in the "14th photo" and "Additional Props" subforums for Shutterbug, that may be of interest.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
I'm still waiting for mine... GOSH!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I recently recieved mine and I am slowly working through it. An outstanding job by all involved.
Remarkable props and very cool concept. I look forward to reading the forum.
This is GREAT fun!
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Last weekend I did shutterbug the first time at a paid dinner event. I wasn't too sure if it works out as good with bigger groups of people than it does in a small more private environment.
I started the show with some mind reading, after the starters I did something out my own. Before the desert I wanted them to have something to talk about and did shutterbug. I had some slight language problems due to the age of my audience. But it played big and had a good impact and gave them a lot to talk about.
I ended the evening with lun@ 36 (still waiting for the other 3 books Smile ) and got 2 additional booking requests.
That proofs again, there its a market for bizaare magick in Germany and well explained that "English" stuff is workable.
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer

SutterbugPostmark by tbwendt, on Flickr

I'm thinking about making a rubber stamp to stamp my poem postcards.

ShutterbugPostcard by tbwendt, on Flickr

Any thoughts on the date and location of the postmark?
Clever stuff goes here!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
786 Posts

Profile of roblane
Still waiting on mine, oh the pain!!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Quote:

That's not what I heard p*nis!
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
786 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 11:16, Van Helmont wrote:
Quote:

That's not what I heard p*nis!

LOL! That's good
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Shutterbugs are back in stock and shipping again Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Did anyone have any thoughts on the date and location of my postmark idea? I guess I wasn't super clear on my intent. Instead of the poem being on the provided sheet of aged paper, I reworded and recopied onto 4 real, unused U.S. pre-paid postcards from the 1940s. I am buying a custom-made, rubber stamp to add a postmark over the pre-printed stamp.

BTW, these unused 1940s postcards are fairly easy to find. And you don't even have to age them!

I created a realistic postmark image (shown above) depicting a postmark from Grandview OH on December 24, 1943. My question to my fellow Shutterbuggers is this....before I order the rubber stamp, what do you think about the date and location? Does that date make sense within the story line. It implies that the killer came back to Grandview to mail the poem. Is that enough time to convict and execute the man who was found guilty?

If anyone is interested I'll make the project file available to anyone who wants it. I created it in GIMP - a free, open source clone of Photoshop. Then you can create your own Shutterbug postmarked artifacts.

Tim
Clever stuff goes here!
Adam Wood
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
225 Posts

Profile of Adam Wood
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 00:06, Frankie wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-04 20:05, piyuyu wrote:
Just curious, where are the photos location based? Is it U.S or U.K?

Playing detective, I found one of the locations:

The movie theater in Farmington Minnesota... making it U.S. based?

Poor Mary might have been taken to the movies! Smile

Anyone else notice Bank Nite on the marque? This effect looks and sounds fantastic and since I love photography, I have an affinity for effects which use photos like Jay Sankey`s Nalied or the 21 card trick (can`t remember its proper name) which uses photos of the cards.
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” -Doug Henning

"Don't make magic impossible, make impossible magic!" - Adam

PEACE, LOVE & MAGIC!!!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 14:58, konjurer wrote:
Did anyone have any thoughts on the date and location of my postmark idea? I guess I wasn't super clear on my intent. Instead of the poem being on the provided sheet of aged paper, I reworded and recopied onto 4 real, unused U.S. pre-paid postcards from the 1940s. I am buying a custom-made, rubber stamp to add a postmark over the pre-printed stamp.

BTW, these unused 1940s postcards are fairly easy to find. And you don't even have to age them!

I created a realistic postmark image (shown above) depicting a postmark from Grandview OH on December 24, 1943. My question to my fellow Shutterbuggers is this....before I order the rubber stamp, what do you think about the date and location? Does that date make sense within the story line. It implies that the killer came back to Grandview to mail the poem. Is that enough time to convict and execute the man who was found guilty?

If anyone is interested I'll make the project file available to anyone who wants it. I created it in GIMP - a free, open source clone of Photoshop. Then you can create your own Shutterbug postmarked artifacts.

Tim

I think it's great. If you have not already, please post the info on the Shutterbug forum. Very nice!

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Finally I'm into action... The first evening was a success!

Just a note: one of my mates observed that no body-> no murder, so my unlucky culprit ended his own life in jail, too ashamed to see another day.

How do you use the check?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SHUTTERBUG (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL