The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SHUTTERBUG (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Rick,

Artwork on these look top notch! Can you spoon feed us a little more on what the presentation involves?

CHRIS
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2156 Posts

Profile of RCP
You're gone.
I don't know where you are.
You're gone,
And I don't know how far.
You're gone.
My heart beats 'round a hole.
You're gone,
And I'm afraid you're all alone.
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Mr. Sullivan might be thinking "that's one gone & now one left to go." Everyone has always said Mary was just like her mother : )
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Ordered!
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Jus realised its up in outlaw. Fingers are itchy now
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Will Rick be kind enough to entice us with the basic effect of the Shutterbug?
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-03 20:42, piyuyu wrote:
Will Rick be kind enough to entice us with the basic effect of the Shutterbug?

+ 1
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Shutterbug is dark theater mixed into a mystery. It will surely be the core of a "Hauntique" that the buyer will have the ability to expand and add to.

You receive the envelope a killer had sent to the police. It contains many photos that don't seem to have any connection, but they do... The envelope has a hand written case number and the name Mary Sullivan on one side of it.
The photos are a storyboard of his crime sent to the cops to taunt them because he felt they were not nearly as smart as he was.

Included with the photos was a very odd little hand written map that the cops never did figure out. Also included in the envelope you receive is an additional piece of evidence, a taunting hand written note sent to the cops several days after the photos were sent.

In this note, the killer again taunts the cops, but this time he gives them clues to what these photos are, because in his mind the cops are incompetent and he's sooo confident they can't find him, he's actually arrogant enough to try and help them.

At the start the spectators have no idea what these photos are, you do not reveal their true nature until you are ready to. You ask the spectators what do you make of these photos? Let them give you a sense of what they are, what "vibe" do they get? Then you move on.

It is a very multi-layered presentation as the mystery is unfolded.

What the spec doesn't see until you're ready, is the killer wrote a message on the back of each photo. There is a picture of Café that Mary worked at. On the back of the picture it says "She served me breakfast, the potatoes were crispy"

This is not a "one trick pony" there is a trick but there is much more going on. At some point the spectator will chose their own path and find the one photo that leads to the killer, something the cops couldn't do.

Combine the above info with all the "theater" you add, additional props to expand the Hauntique, the history and mystery of the props and you have 30 minutes of scary creepy interaction with your audience.

All props are 100% examinable
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Extremely sweet. Mind is exploding with possilities right now.

Thanks Rick!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
"At some point the spectator will chose their own path and find the one photo that leads to the killer, something the cops couldn't do."

What I didn't mention above is the spec does not know that the photo they have chosen is the key photo. That's something they discover when you want them to.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2277 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
This looks and sounds pretty sweet. If it camefrom the mindof Paul Prater, you know it mustbe good !

Kotah
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2012-10-04 02:45, KOTAH wrote:
This looks and sounds pretty sweet. If it camefrom the mindof Paul Prater, you know it mustbe good !

Kotah

Agreed. Looking forward to this Rick. Will it be a limited number release?
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Just to clarify, this is Rick's baby. We were discussing another routine and he told me about this idea of his and asked me to collaborate.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-10-04 16:05, Paul Prater wrote:
Just to clarify, this is Rick's baby. We were discussing another routine and he told me about this idea of his and asked me to collaborate.

Paul has created some wonderful props along with contributing to the presentations and further ideas.

BTW, regarding the above teaser and description of Shutterbug, nothing is as it seems...
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
888 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Wow, great looking props and an oh so enticing story! Is this the first Paul Prater / Outlaw coilaberation?
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Just curious, where are the photos location based? Is it U.S or U.K?

These are amazing props, and even more amazing if I could link it up with Homicide trilogy.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2012-10-04 20:05, piyuyu wrote:

These are amazing props, and even more amazing if I could link it up with Homicide trilogy.

hmm, now theres and idea...
Warren-Peace
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Warren-Peace
I am very interested to hear some reviews, after the release. It sounds fantastic.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
At some point in the presentation the spectators will see something that may stick in their mind afterwards. If they do happen to remember what they saw, they may later google it.

It will take them to an historical reference site about the case that was put up by the grandson of a police officer that was there in 1943 Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-10-10 01:12, Roth wrote:
At some point in the presentation the spectators will see something that may stick in their mind afterwards. If they do happen to remember what they saw, they may later google it.

It will take them to an historical reference site about the case that was put up by the grandson of a police officer that was there in 1943 Smile

Now,you guys are thinking...give them something to google,and get some answers! HA !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SHUTTERBUG (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL