The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Telepathy Pen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Here is a new electronic marvel hot from Alakazam;

Introduce an absolutely regular looking marker pen. Write down a note or a prediction or whatever. Place the pen on a smooth surface, apply your Supernatural power and, to the total disbelief of the spectators, the pen takes on a life its own! It moves under its own power! The pen can even move in a complete circle – but does so silently!
The pen is for all time under your control. It has many applications for the mentalist or magician. This could be one of the most technologically advanced items in magic.

The aspiration behind this product was to produce a pen that was fun, easy to use and totally reliable. The pen is able to meet those requirements thanks to a built in mini-hi-tech micro-processor! And, there's no need to ever turn the pen on or off. Because it is controlling by remote that does all the work for you! The pen is clean and can remain untouched by the performer!

Additionally the pen features solid construction, no loose wires or moving parts.
No Wires, No Magnets, No Threads! Completely in your command! Control by unseen wireless controller.

You can make many effects with this pen.

Forget about using this to spin in a circle it makes a brilliant thumper queing device !!!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Cool - so the question for moi is does this need to be performed in a noisier environment to mask some minor internal noise of whatever the mech is to make trhis spin? Slo-Motion comes to mind for example.

I'm sure Peter will be magically chiming in soon to splain Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
On 2012-10-03 04:41, jugglestruck wrote:

The pen can even move in a complete circle – but does so silently!

I think this might answer your question. Let's hope silently means silent.....
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I see that this particular prop (if I am not mistaken is basically a Magic Prop from China) is being offered by more and more distributors in some form or another. The same or similar item has been advertised by Bob Solaris Magic as well.

Quote:
On 2012-10-03 10:42, saysold1 wrote:

Cool - so the question for moi is does this need to be performed in a noisier environment to mask some minor internal noise of whatever the mech is to make trhis spin? Slo-Motion comes to mind for example.

Quote:
On 2012-10-03 10:59, jugglestruck wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-03 04:41, jugglestruck wrote:

The pen can even move in a complete circle – but does so silently!

I think this might answer your question. Let's hope silently means silent.....

The pen is really silent provided the performance surface is not a hard surface. Also the performance surface should not be rough (i.e. should not cause any friction). Works great when placed on a paperback book or note pad or on two sheets of newspaper. Will also work silently on a performance mat provided the mat has a smooth fabric.

I have one of these pens which was gifted to me by a friend in Hong Kong. You can do a lot more by removing the pen's electronic module, like make your own Electronic Haunted Deck (HAUNTING).

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Ustaad's clever brain to the rescue again!
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I saw one of these at the LADs convention on Sunday, but for some strange reason when the pen was activated it had an LED that lit up!!!why?? when you want the spectator to think its an ordinary pen would you put a light in it?? No thanks.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
After my above post I've just checked out the pen on the Alakazam web site looks EXACTLY like the one I saw at LADs for £20 Alakazam want £45!!!!!!!!seeing Alakazam in a different light now.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2012-10-04 03:05, cardbiker wrote:
After my above post I've just checked out the pen on the Alakazam web site looks EXACTLY like the one I saw at LADs for £20 Alakazam want £45!!!!!!!!seeing Alakazam in a different light now.

This happens a lot, a few weeks ago Alakazam was selling a Fake Iphone for £20.00

same one you could pick up on ebay for £4.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
You can do a lot more by removing the pen's electronic module, like make your own Electronic Haunted Deck (HAUNTING).

:fyi: At Blackpool last year, there was a rip-off version of Haunting being sold using this very suggestion (in the booth next to mine!). I was able to examine the electronics in the pen: they are no where near the quality of the electronics provided in Haunting including battery life which is a fraction of Haunting's. Neither is the deck stitched like haunting.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2012-10-04 10:14, willowtaylor wrote:
Quote:
You can do a lot more by removing the pen's electronic module, like make your own Electronic Haunted Deck (HAUNTING).

:fyi: At Blackpool last year, there was a rip-off version of Haunting being sold using this very suggestion (in the booth next to mine!). I was able to examine the electronics in the pen: they are no where near the quality of the electronics provided in Haunting including battery life which is a fraction of Haunting's. Neither is the deck stitched like haunting.

Christopher

Hi Christopher

What happened when you reported this to the Organizer?

Did they not take any action ?
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
If only I was clever enough to come up with something witty to back up my...
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FwNppg-3-cM

So this thread is pretty dated, but I came Across this pen for the first time today on the Madhatter Magic Ship website, then searched for review. I found this thread and a YouTube video. The YouTube video did not show the product description being performed, but shows the pen standing on end and quatertes being placed, then falling off.
Has anyone purchased this pen before, and can you please review it here? $35.99 isn’t bad if it can really do what the product description says. I have a great idea for use during my annual Halloween party Seance.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Man, after looking around eBay president trump needs to stop the Chinese from ripping off magic stuff.or put tariffs on them. Haha
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Telepathy Pen (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL