The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lassen Clad Coin sets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7038 Posts

Profile of bowers
I fully agree jim.
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Jim, contrary to what people recommend, I use a very small amount of rubber cement in place of the double stick tape. To remove it I just put it near heat, and it typically comes right apart. I might use the oven burner and get the coin pretty hot (not really super hot though) and it works every time. This allows the flipper to sit completely flat and after you leave it to dry for a while, it doesn't come apart until you want it to. The issue then is definitely breaking a band, but Lassen provides some pretty nice rubber bands.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2643 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Not trying to be controversial, but aren't these just more 'toys for the boys'?

As I've just put on another thread, why keep spending your money on shells, flippers, etc. when a TUC does both (and a whole lot more)?
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Well maybe because A TUC Is Great In the Hands. But I had Layman Say " That Coin Looks A Little Thin What wrong with it If you Put it on the table by it's self!!! And no there not Toys, There Tools! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-10-24 12:14, Merc Man wrote:
Not trying to be controversial, but aren't these just more 'toys for the boys'?

As I've just put on another thread, why keep spending your money on shells, flippers, etc. when a TUC does both (and a whole lot more)?

Hi Barry!

I just prefer good, well made shells, C/S coins, and CSB sets. BTW I do have 5 TUCs - one is presently broken, one never worked from the start, and the others are fine and work very well. But do I really have to like 'em more because you're telling me to? Smile

Thanks!

Jim
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2643 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Jim - Your TUC's that are broken/don't work - contact Marcello fella. I'm sure he'll put this right for you.

I've never been called on the thinness of the leaf personally David - and in all honesty, it shouldn't be on display for too long anyway. Even when you are performing Matrix on the table top, it's covered pretty quickly.

I loved using shells and flippers for many years, but can't honestly see myself ever going back. At the end of the day. It has to be something that works for you. To this end, I always have the 2p and 10p versions in my pocket and I'm never stuck for something to do.

The only alteration that I made was adding some Teflon tape inside the shell. By doing this, the separation is so much simpler.

If only Tango made a TUC folder that popped into a bottle - I'd then be in 'coin magic Utopia'. Smile
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

No you won't On the air! but MaybeI am just Paranoid But I do A Ton of stuff where it's Out For a lot Longer then Just a Sec. ! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of webtech
I may need to give the clad sets a try.
JLSchweitzer
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JLSchweitzer
Quote:
On 2012-10-21 21:58, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Somebody got a GREAT bargain! A mini sun/moon as well as a set you can use for all the S&S and dime/penny routines. When Todd did these, I think there were only 20 or so sets. Hope its somebody here on the Café.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Yea and he also had a lose C/S Dime in the set! So you can do a lot more stuff with it! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I wonder if hes gonna make a CSB set with the clads. I have the clad uwc with the walking liberty dollar size copper coin and an ike dollar. Just beautifull!
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1586 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I just bought a clad CSB from Todd. It's my go to set right now. Not only do I not have to worry (much) about dropping like I do with my WL set, but it comes with his brass Chinese coin and his Peruvian llama coin. It's a beauty and it is smooth as silk.

Make sure you are on his spam list so you'll know when these become available again.

Alan
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
OH I am on the spam list. Made sure of that!
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7038 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have one of the csb sets also.
a very nice set of coins.
todd
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5004 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Little off subject, but a lot of you coin guys will like my post on Where to Put It All forum. IMHO the end all beat all carry bag for coin and card men (and ladies)
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Quote:
On 2012-12-05 22:34, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Little off subject, but a lot of you coin guys will like my post on Where to Put It All forum. IMHO the end all beat all carry bag for coin and card men (and ladies)

Link?
CdnAndrew
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of CdnAndrew
I just received my X[ with four matching New Zealand Pennies set, and it's excellent. The New Zealand Pennies are just marginally larger than a Clad Kennedy. The precision is incredible, and they are pretty easy to work with. The price point is excellent for 4 matching coins with an x[. They're different and interesting, but aren't as expensive and 'risky' to damage as silver Walkers or Morgans.

Andrew
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7038 Posts

Profile of bowers
They are a very nice intresting set of coins andrew.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lassen Clad Coin sets (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL