The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Bob's Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
I know this item is pretty new. But I'm just wondering if anyone has one already, or have had a hands-on experience with it. Also, if there are any reviews that can be put up, I'd like to read it. What I know of the item so far is it's made by Bob Swadling, and the routines on the accompanying DVD are by Mark Mason. The routines on the demo video seems to be pretty commercial. But, my main interest is in it's utility. Is the Bob's Box as versatile as an Okito? Any info at all is appreciated. Oh..., and you can find the box @HocusPocus.

TJ

Video Demo:

http://youtu.be/7L6EgrWq2qk
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1586 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
This is NOT new, but it is an extremely well made gaffus.

Some great pictures of it here (and a review):

http://www.martinsmagic.com/full/close-u......3770.htm

It is very versatile and Bob has been working with it, developing routines for quite a while. He has some great routines on his Magical Moments DVD (Vol.2) and if Mark has developed some new routines for a DVD, you can bet that they will be commercial.

Alan
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
Thanks for the info and link Alan. The site does have some great photos! I'm hoping that Mark will be using it in his lecture on Monday. That way I can get a closer look, and pick Mark's brain on it. Hmmm...., so its not new eh? I've been in magic for quite a while, and specifically coins. I'm wondering how this box slipped through the cracks. I thought I've kept up on ALL coin magic, lol guess I haven't been thorough enough.

TJ
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
TJ,
Have you seen mark’s Orient Express yet??? Brand new take on the old CSB done with 3 colored Chinese coins..Mine came in yesterday or the day before but I’m still in the hospital trying to get discharged so my wife will be bringing them over to me this morning.
Bill
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of algebraic
TJ,

Send Mark an e-mail to bring Bob's box. I'm sure Mark would be glad to demo/discuss the box.

I've called Mark a couple of times and he was a pleasure to talk to.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1676 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Anyone that has this, can this be used as a normal Okito box as well ?

Thanks,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
238 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
I'm surprised this hasn't had more chat?
I know it's on the slightly pricey side, but for what you get it's an absolute bargain.
Yes Joe, it can be used as a normal okito box, but has the potential to to do so much more.
I've already adapted a couple of routines that I did with a standard okito, and with Bob's box, it not only makes them easier, but also fool proof.
I can't recommend this highly enough - really nice bit of kit,
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Idk, Seems to me the gaff is too obvious, unless I'm missing something.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of webtech
Is the box examinable?
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1586 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-11-07 19:10, webtech wrote:
Is the box examinable?

Yep. Good looking, too. Very solid.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1676 Posts

Profile of mystre71
TheBentos thanks! I'll pick this up. I love coin box work.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Saw Mark demo this at the SAM convention and had to have one. It quite impressive and between Bob and Mark's genius, there are several handlings/routines for this examinable coin trick. Webtech, it can freely be handed out but not sure that's even necessary after the closeup examination to the spectator. I love how they've incorporated the routine with a little card magic also. Highly recommended.

snidini
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I believe you may be able to special order a different half dollar other than a Kennedy half dollar for Bob's Box.

I'm sure Mark could answer that question.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1339 Posts

Profile of barts185
What is the difference between Bob's box and The Lightning box? I know it's 2 different Bob's, but are they different effects? Is one better / worse?

Thanks,
Bart
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1339 Posts

Profile of barts185
I would remove the prior post is I could - it seems that one is mostly for card to box routines, and one is coin to/from box routines.
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Tried out Bob's Box at a night gig yesterday. Perhaps maybe this is my first public attempt, I didn't receive expected response. But, the audience still find it interesting. I found out that a story accompanying this routine is very important. In addition, it is better to do without the last phase because it attracts much suspicions. I don't know will it be better to do without the table routine. What do you think ?

The stuffs are very well made. Whenever I showed this to a spectator the comments are very nice coin and they never suspect anything.

Worth the price. Perhaps, if you are able to create a good story then it will be even better.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 05:32, Roland Choo wrote:
Tried out Bob's Box at a night gig yesterday. Perhaps maybe this is my first public attempt, I didn't receive expected response. But, the audience still find it interesting. I found out that a story accompanying this routine is very important. In addition, it is better to do without the last phase because it attracts much suspicions. I don't know will it be better to do without the table routine. What do you think ?

The stuffs are very well made. Whenever I showed this to a spectator the comments are very nice coin and they never suspect anything.

Worth the price. Perhaps, if you are able to create a good story then it will be even better.

A "story" should always be part of your act!! You need to present your magic, not just show a gimmick at work!

Jim
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Thanks, Jim. I totally agreed
magikoins
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magikoins
This box seems to be exactly what Ginjiro Kenji Tanida had showed me during the 1st Symposium (2009)...
aqmagish20
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of aqmagish20
I don't understand why we call it a box. It's not really a box is it? Probably a topic for another time, sorry to digress.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Bob's Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL