The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Bob's Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ I agree w/ J-Mac!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Reviving an old post about this.
Does anyone know if this fits expanded sh**ls?
Would it play nicely with the coins from a triception set? I suspect it would, but want to confirm.

Thanks!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2016, tonsofquestions wrote:
Reviving an old post about this.
Does anyone know if this fits expanded sh**ls?
Would it play nicely with the coins from a triception set? I suspect it would, but want to confirm.

Thanks!

Just tried it. Yes, the WL shell from my Triception set fits in Bob's Box.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Wonderful. Thanks!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2013, aqmagish20 wrote:
I don't understand why we call it a box. It's not really a box is it? Probably a topic for another time, sorry to digress.

The story I heard was Okito suffered from indigestion and discovered the important "thing" about the lid of his pill box. Trying out his discovery with some coins, the "pill box" became a coin box. Whether it was a cardboard pill box or a fancy silver one, I don't know. Here's a photo of a nice silver one.

http://davidkuchta-designs.com/wp-conten......x447.jpg
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
I don't understand why we call it a box. It's not really a box is it? Probably a topic for another time, sorry to digress.

I would call it a box. It isn't square or rectangular, but on the other hand it's a container with a lid. Good enough for me Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2019 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2016, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:

I would call it a box. It isn't square or rectangular, but on the other hand it's a container with a lid. Good enough for me Smile

A hat box (generally) isn't square or rectangular either.
See: https://www.google.com/search?q=hat+box&tbm=isch

I think most Okito-type boxes are supposed to be similar to / reminiscent of an old fashion pill box.
As such, "back in the day" they would likely have been seen as ordinary objects and not a special magic prop.
See: https://www.google.com/search?q=pill+box&tbm=isch
halejs
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of halejs
For extra coins besides the two that come with it, do the standard m* ones work (i.e., the right amount of m* and pol*ty)? Or does Bob have more of the right ones to buy? Thanks
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Good question. I'd like to know too. Maybe I'll send an email to Mark and ask him.

Thanks!

Jim
halejs
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of halejs
I asked same question from Penguin, where I got mine, and they say most standard m* halfs should work (but maybe not cheap knock-offs).
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
524 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I purchased Bob's Box back when it released. I really liked the concept, but I felt like I was handling an inexpensive plastic toy. I ended up selling it on the Café. If a heavy copper or brass box is manufactured for dollar sized coins, I would consider buying it again.

caL
Cal Tong
Past President
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5004 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have the box, the coins, the dvd (but cannot find my dvd player or my dvd ext drive for my Surface Pro 7 right now) can someone PM me what the special cards are that come with the set so I can dig them out (I assume at least one is a s**m card but I would like a full breakdown) Thanks. Also, I will post when I have my answer so I don't get a full PM box. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I have the box, the coins, the dvd (but cannot find my dvd player or my dvd ext drive for my Surface Pro 7 right now) can someone PM me what the special cards are that come with the set so I can dig them out (I assume at least one is a s**m card but I would like a full breakdown) Thanks. Also, I will post when I have my answer so I don't get a full PM box. Smile

I didn't receive any cards with Bob's Box. Use any ordinary card.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1371 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
On my new review show I look at classic items as well as the newest releases.

On this weeks episode we look at Bobs Box and my son performs the classic routine with the box. Bottom line it’s an awesome prop you should own if you are into coin magic.

Here the link to the show

https://youtu.be/UAtJ-itYGNI

Any questions just let me know. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Bob's Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL