The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Super contest!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
I thought of both Lancelot and Merlin's Cofer and Confined Cubes but all don't really seem to match all of Roberto's criteria. A real fun hunt Roberto, unfortunately my wife has honey do's or me all day so I probably will be late to the party on the guess. It might take the third hint to know for sure what it is as according o Stereo's site there are 115 examable Tenyo effects. Enjoy the hunt everyone!
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 13:32, Izzy Jay wrote:
Congratulations simcoscor! I hope it's the right answer.

Xl18 got the answer Smile, not me Smile
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
275 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 16:05, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 13:32, Izzy Jay wrote:
Congratulations simcoscor! I hope it's the right answer.

Xl18 got the answer Smile, not me Smile

Well either way, I figured it to late Smile
I'll just have think faster nex time Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 15:42, John Mazza wrote:
My Lancelot has a plastic card, maybe yours was a replacement.

I have a real one but for me it was not what I call plastic. Yet I looked before but I thought that was not. Indeed it can be considered as plastic finally. Seeing things this way then I think Lancelot is the good answer. But as I say in my first post, this one is NEVER mentionned as favorite.
Congrat to the winner if it's the right trick !! :o)
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo

Ok lol FAIL Smile

or

magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 10:49, xl18 wrote:
I'll take a stab at the mystery trick. How about Lancelot?

You got it xl18!!!.....Lancelot is the trick....congratulations!!!.....will send you a PM.

Thank you all for the participation.......simcoscor suggest me the idea after I won the contest he made to indentify the non Tenyo trick on his collection.....not sure if previous contests has been made before here in the Tenyo section but I think it's very entertaining.....and it would be a lot of fun to see more...

For the record....the third hint was: 3.- It's a penetration effect....and the item that you use for the effect can be provided and signed by the spectator.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Sorry For The Delay Better Late Than Never Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Just finished the Honey do's.... what did I miss? ***.. Lancelot... you see I'm at a dissadvantage becasue I don't own it yet (Hint Hint... anyone have one for sale?) beacuse of Stereo website it was down on the list of what to get... now I apparently need to get it. Looking forward to the video Roberto.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Yes definately looking forward to a good video of this trick and thank you for the contest! Smile

By the way, I personally would not give out the Lancelot case to be examined by spectators as they will break it for sure.
Just opening the case all the way back a number of times will cause the "hinge" to break apart. At least that has been my experience.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have to say to roberto that I received many complaints, on the blog email, about your video of Tunnel Of Darkness. (I do not know why they sent me to me and not directly to you lol)
Anf finally I am agreements with these persons, it's not fair to make video trick, especially for a trick which is often sold more than one hundred dollars. People are really disappointed after and have the impression of being deceived. ( It happened to me too when I received the trick I was really disappointed because it does not correspond at all to your video ).
I promised these people to tell you , It is done lol
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-10 01:01, xl18 wrote:
Yes definately looking forward to a good video of this trick and thank you for the contest! Smile

By the way, I personally would not give out the Lancelot case to be examined by spectators as they will break it for sure.
Just opening the case all the way back a number of times will cause the "hinge" to break apart. At least that has been my experience.

After all the trials I made for the video I broke mine Smile
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-10 11:39, stereo wrote:
I have to say to roberto that I received many complaints, on the blog email, about your video of Tunnel Of Darkness. (I do not know why they sent me to me and not directly to you lol)
Anf finally I am agreements with these persons, it's not fair to make video trick, especially for a trick which is often sold more than one hundred dollars. People are really disappointed after and have the impression of being deceived. ( It happened to me too when I received the trick I was really disappointed because it does not correspond at all to your video ).
I promised these people to tell you , It is done lol

Thanks for the info stereo.....yes I'm guilty of taking advantage of camera angle restrictions.....In my defense I have to say that there are no cuts on the video....but I agree that it would be more fair to just palm the gimmick at the beginning.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
In my opinion there's absolutely nothing wrong with the video ... come on, how many times I bought a trick to figure out the performance was 'staged' or 'cut' in ways to make it look so much better ... not countable. And Roberto isn't the manufacturer of the trick, so what the heck are people complaining about!

By the way Roberto, your Lancelot broke if I understand correctly? Will there still be a video of it?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 03:16, Killertweety wrote:
In my opinion there's absolutely nothing wrong with the video ... come on, how many times I bought a trick to figure out the performance was 'staged' or 'cut' in ways to make it look so much better ... not countable. And Roberto isn't the manufacturer of the trick, so what the heck are people complaining about!

Yes but, it's fair or not for the buyer ?

Palm the gimmick at the beginning ? I want to see that... seem not easy att all. It's really possible in real life ? and nobody noticed anything? I want to see it!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 03:37, stereo wrote:
Yes but, it's fair or not for the buyer ?

Roberto doesn't sell the trick, that's why I say there is absolutely nothing wrong with his video.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-10-10 11:39, stereo wrote:

Davy, if you are not comfortable with Roberto's ToD video, shouldn't you simply remove it from your blog? If you keep it there, one might perceive that you endorse it... my 2¢
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Ah ok sorry...
Whatever happens I do not see the interest of this kind of maneuver... but that's just my opinion.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Davy, I agree with you in the context of a promotional video to sell a product... but hey, for those in the know about ToD, Roberto did a heck of a job with his video! I had to look at it 3 times to understand what was going on! Of course it's limited by the camera angle (just like the vanishing of Statue of Liberty by Copperfield), but the result is just great! I really hope that Roberto will share more like this one (for us in "the know", not to increase the Tenyo's sales!). Don't you think so?
Simon
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I really love roberto's video. No doubt about it. But if I had the choice I would prefer that there was no video tricks. I do not say anything else.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Super contest!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL