The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Super contest!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
647 Posts

Profile of Inert
With all due respect to Roberto,(Whom I consider a friend & excellent video performer), I side with Davy on this 1. Video tricks are the Cris Angel school of cop-out domain. The point is, any new buyer of this effect will be disappointed because he/she will be unable to perform the effect as shown. General lunch-bag letdown. Is Roberto responsible for people's expectations?...h*ll no, but still.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Roberto deliberately makes his videos in a way no one can know how the trick works and that is how I would make them too. Roberto is NOT making an official demo of the Tunnel Of Darkness trick, so he can do what the h*ll he wants as far as I'm conderned.

As with all his videos he adds an 'extra thingy' that makes it unique, and in this case he uses a bit of a camera 'thingy' ... so what?! As long as he doesn't use false (film) cuts etc. ... it's OK for me.

No, I absolutely do not see the problem, sorry guys ... just my opinion.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
In this case you can do everything and anything ... I do not agree. To protect the secret of Vanishing Point I will make video trick to show my hand empty at any time, or show both sides of 4-Dimensional Trunk case at the begining, or make the white dice of Crash dice roll on the table before putting it in the clear plastic box, and why not actually make the stone really float erasing the gimmick of Anti Gravity Rock ? Come on...

His video is callin "Tenyo Tunnel of Darkness" .. It does not say "here is the imaginary vision of what the trick could be but is not in reality".
This video is a big lie, no need to lie to protect the secret ... None of the people whom I've been perform the trick has understood how it work, and yet I have not cheated.
It is not difficult to admit that this way of doing is not honest. It really is the easy way.
Any way when all the people who buy the trick after seeing the video , are disappointed that there is a problem.

I widely prefer a video as Space Tower where he demonstrated imagination, creativity, without the need to cheat, to sublimate the effect.

The debate is over, everyone will own opinion. I put a warning message on the blog, and I said that the trick is not examinable.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
I have in high consideration all the members here......so I trully apreciate honest opinions supporting or against the videos.......you can also share your opinions by commenting on the youtube channel........the only comments that I erase are the ones that intend to reveal/explain the trick....

I would like to emphasize that I never make cuts in the videos but I always cheat in one way or another.......for example to hide some "noises" with the music is kind of cheating.........other times the handling goes well in only 1 of 5 repetitions and this succesfull attemp is the one that goes in the video, but it could be considered as not fair to show a video of a performance that could fail in 4 of 5 attempts.......and so on.

Anyway....I was able to made the video just before the box broke.....so here is the video of Lancelot.... Smile:

http://youtu.be/RdsHXVemshY

(LOL.....I just upload the video and the first comment say that the music is annoying and ruins the trick!!........Smile)
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Well it's ok Roberto it can't always go the way you like it to making video's. Here is a classic example of 4 attempts I made doing the famous hat trick that didn't work right any of the 4 times. Nothing up my sleeve....presto! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRW7pITY5Cg&feature=fvwrel

Richard

"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-13 05:11, MrWizard wrote:
Well it's ok Roberto it can't always go the way you like it to making video's. Here is a classic example of 4 attempts I made doing the famous hat trick that didn't work right any of the 4 times. Nothing up my sleeve....presto! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRW7pITY5Cg&feature=fvwrel

Richard

"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

LOL.....that's a good example
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Roberto, how the heck did you do that - you use Lancelot's gimmick in a very special way ???

This is what I mean ... always something 'special' in your routines, I love it and I encourage you not to change the way you perform your tricks in the future (sorry to some people Smile )! If I need a video of TOD or Lancelot or ... perfomed exactly as the manual sais I can just perform the trick myself and film it Smile
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
It was the special music that temporarily hypnotized you while he actually opened and took out the bill and put it back in before you regained consciousnesses Smile

Like when you get abducted and probed by an alien there is lost time. Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
If Roberto explain in a "Tips" how it's possible maybe I will like it. I have try but impossible for me to do the same in this way. He do not use the plactic card too wich is the main gimmick normally. Maybe he make one completely transparent so you can's se it. But it's do not explain how the props come in the right position.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2249 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Congratulations Roberto! You fooled me with this one! Smile
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Fooled me totally. I don't even know how it is done normally since I don't have one. I thought maybe he ditched something in his lap when it was facing him but doesn't explain how it is still there when opened so that isn't the answer. I think it is some kinda magic! Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2862 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2012-10-12 15:45, Killertweety wrote:
Roberto deliberately makes his videos in a way no one can know how the trick works and that is how I would make them too. Roberto is NOT making an official demo of the Tunnel Of Darkness trick, so he can do what the h*ll he wants as far as I'm conderned.

As with all his videos he adds an 'extra thingy' that makes it unique, and in this case he uses a bit of a camera 'thingy' ... so what?! As long as he doesn't use false (film) cuts etc. ... it's OK for me.

No, I absolutely do not see the problem, sorry guys ... just my opinion.

To add my 2C: I do agree with Killer.
The video does not claim to be a video demo for a certain Tenyo trick, it doesn't claim anything...in fact it's just: Roberto's magic!
The fact that he uses a Tenyo item as starting point is known to us but is actually totally irrelevant.

Along the same lines, not knowing the way how he performed Lancelot later on is no reason not to like it; Roberto shows that it obviously IS possible to perform it the way he does - and complaining about him apploying trickery, misdirection or anything else is childish - I mean, what magic performance goes without that?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:

Roberto shows that it obviously IS possible to perform it the way he does...

Possible Only in video... (Tunnel of Darkness)
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-10-13 10:47, Killertweety wrote:
If I need a video of TOD or Lancelot or ... perfomed exactly as the manual sais I can just perform the trick myself and film it Smile

Not only thinking of you Killertweety Smile

I see you ask on comment to Roberto to explain you in Pm how it work. It might be more fun than it benefits the whole community.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2862 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2012-10-13 15:51, stereo wrote:
Quote:

Roberto shows that it obviously IS possible to perform it the way he does...

Possible Only in video... (Tunnel of Darkness)

Only??

- That's what Copperfield, Angel and others have built their whole career on.... LOL Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
And so you think it's good ?

Everyone has their own vision of what the magic is. Criss Angel & company have never been part of my references. ( I do not think you can put David Copperfield in this category).
The other night I saw a program with Dynamo ... I have looking ten minutes before zapping. This is not magic, it's ******** without soul, without universe, without interest... it does not make me dream, not even a little. If for you that's the magic too cool, good for you ;o)

I told Roberto that I thought. If I have the choice I prefer without camera tricks, rather than. I prefer a video as Space Tower or Shrinking pen, rather than Tunnel of Darkness. Now He will do what he wants. This is only my humble opinion.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2862 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2012-10-13 17:29, stereo wrote:
And so you think it's good ?

Is a trick bad because it has angle restrictions?

Of course, we'd all prefer to have the failsafe universal killer workhorse in our arsenal that blows people away, be it in bright or dim light, with audience members standing behind and 10cm close-up....but reality is: you can't have everything.
It's plain trickery this is all about - otherwise we'd discuss about it in the Randi section of the forum! Smile

Good night, Davy, I'm off to bed....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:

Is a trick bad because it has angle restrictions?

I do not see the connection....

Good Night Smile
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

I'm happy to share what I did in the video......without revealing the trick for the ones that don't have it....

Firt, as stereo suposed, I change the white card for a translucent one with similar physical properties Smile....you know what I mean....

This is because this way it looks that you are just simply puting the bill in a trasparent envelope......this is still hard to justify to the spectator......but is easier than justify the envelope + the white card....

Also I think that the effect looks cleaner this way.

For the positioning of the gimmick.....is much more simple....I just blow....yes....and if you practice the right angle and intensity it works 5 of 5 times Smile .... in the video you can see at 01:02 that the hair in my left arm betrays me....

The good thing is that you can do this in real life with the involvement of the spectator.......you can ask him to blow the piece of paper and then you do your magical blow on the bill.....you can tell them that this is a testing device to check if you have the magical blow or not and bla bla bla.......and at the end of the trick you compares the result of both blows..... Smile

Regarding the piece of paper in order to not be affected by your blow it just need to be cutted the same dimensions of the recess in the box and just make it a little bit curved so the extremes touch the box but not the center......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Super contest!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL