The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Super contest!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
That is nice and very clever, and as you say it's possible to use this tips in real life situation. Bravo.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
It's funny ! not that simple, each time I blow the envelope come in the wrong side (to me and not the bottom of the box). Everytime !
My friend try and for him it always come in the good side. We got a real fit of laughter. A total sketch...
It's just crazy...
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Seems to work fine for me!
I always thought the most suspicious part of the trick was positioning the envelope. I never thought of blowing it in place. It's a great idea and I'll definately have have to try it next time I perform it.
By the way I was able to repair my broken Lancelot with some clear tape on both the outside and inside of the hinge. It seems to work and really isn't that noticable.
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1371 Posts

Profile of edshern
After reading through this, I had to go back and watch the ToD video to see
what the big broo-ha-ha was all about. Now that I've seen it I too have
my opinion;
1- I really hate magic product advertisements & videos that are misleading in any way!
2- I really hate Chris Angels camera work to sell his magic. That's not magic!
3- Roberto is neither selling product or himself, so he gets a pass on camera work;;;;;;
& is free to do whatever he wants.
SO,
4- Caveat Emptor
HOWEVER (& with apologies to Roberto),
5- To me, in the final analysis, it is deceptive presenting a magic video purporting
to demonstrate an effect in a way that cannot actually be done.

Well, that my 2 cents & Roberto, THANK YOU for all the other videos Smile They are AWESOME!!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2862 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I smell some sort of misunderstanding so I think it's necessary to re-emphasize that my post regarding Angel & Coppeffield had to be taken with a huge grain of sarcasm (that's what the dancing devil stands for...)!
IMHO, both guys did no service at all to the art, and the difference to what Roberto's doing in his excellent videos is that C&A abuse the medium and deceit their followers in order to make profit only.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-10-13 22:30, xl18 wrote:
Seems to work fine for me!
I always thought the most suspicious part of the trick was positioning the envelope. I never thought of blowing it in place. It's a great idea and I'll definately have have to try it next time I perform it.
By the way I was able to repair my broken Lancelot with some clear tape on both the outside and inside of the hinge. It seems to work and really isn't that noticable.

Yes...I did the same.....but it doesn't look that it will last for so long.

MrWizard recommended me to use one or two small brass hinge.....so I will try this....you need to glue them in the outside of the box.....because using screw and bolts could affect the interior working of the gimmick....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Good idea it can make a very nice design if you add brass hinge and add density of the props along the sword.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
They make nylon hinges for remote control airplanes. They might be good to use.

I would just go with the tape like xl18. Packing tape on both sides should be strong enough.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
655 Posts

Profile of oombob
Huge fan of Cormatches videos.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Lol....talking about camera angles and video tricks.....take a look!!:

http://vimeo.com/6782769
keshtopatel
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of keshtopatel
Definition of TRICK:

a crafty procedure or practice meant to deceive or defraud (eyes and/or mind)......

So why blame Senior Roberto del magia de Patagonia for little dishonesty - If any!

Lol...

Que tal senior Roberto Smile ?
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Now that video has an angle with a dangle did not expect that! Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2249 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-10-15 05:12, magic patagonia wrote:
Lol....talking about camera angles and video tricks.....take a look!!:

http://vimeo.com/6782769

This also looks cool ...
http://video.fr.ca.msn.com/watch/video/i......gmc4d3k0
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
This guy (Simon already posted one video) has some great visual illusions on his Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/brusspup
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2249 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Sounds like a good intro for the Haulin Oats solution, hey David? Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Indeed Simon ... nothing is impossible, and as my fellow compatriot Audrey once said:

"the word itself sais "I'm possible" Smile

(I didn't know that, I just looked it up to be honest Smile )

:xmas:
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
New user
UK
96 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Despite being an old topic just wanted to add my comment. I usually find that people who perform magic badly in real life, such as not being able to palm correctly, or do that second deal convincingly, usually resort to using the video to hide these short comings.. such as using camera angles, editing the video or using stooges or fakes JUST for the filmed version.
I enjoy watching all magic on video, but it would be nice if the maker mentions in the description that what they are performing is not how its done in front of a live audience but an interpretation of the effect to protect the secret of the original trick (or be honest and say that they are not good at sleight of hand so they cut that bit out!!!).

Remember dealers have been faking their videos for years, I won't mention the names but even respected magicians do so, but even before the days of youtube and internet, I have plenty of magic catalogues whose descriptions leave a lot to be desired (just a shame the trade descriptions act does not apply). How many times have you watched a demonstration where they say "here is an ordinary deck, no fakes, no duplicates", then when you buy the trick, it contains fakes or duplicates!!!! Bah!!!!
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
353 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I seem to remember an effect in which a magazine "magically expands in size." This turned out to be dealerspeak for "unfolds."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Super contest!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL