The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dropped (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Hey guys! A friend of mine, Rich Piccone, showed me an idea a few days ago that had a lot of potential, so we went to work on it. I threw in a lot of ideas and together we created what we like to call "Dropped"

Here is the performance video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF3tz7yYM......re=inbox

My question to you guys is the following:

Does this have potential? It still has a good ways to go, but it's a very beautiful beginning. Please be courteous and don't reveal anything method wise.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Or if you feel they might expose, shoot me a PM.

Things to keep in mind:
No Magnets
No elastic
No wires
No electronic devices
Easy to Make
Portable
You can make it for less than $5 dollars.

Thank you,
Madison
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Tony Miller has already come up with this idea and he sells it under the name of The Switch.
Just a heads up..
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO56Xe7nxGw
JM
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Hey Justin thanks for the heads up man!

But this are two COMPLETELY different methods Smile
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 21:51, MagicMaddy wrote:

that does not matter..tony has already published this and sells it. You would have to talk to tony to get permission to release yours.
Also, unless you just did not show it, tony's can be a borrowed box and everything be examined.
JM
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-07 22:02, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:

that does not matter..tony has already published this and sells it. You would have to talk to tony to get permission to release yours.
Also, unless you just did not show it, tony's can be a borrowed box and everything be examined.
JM

Thank you so much for the information, Justin. I'll look into Tony's effect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any else have input?

Btw, just thought I would point out, the inspiration for this is Mark Mason's "ECard"
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2441 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
Quote:

JM

It is just my opinion, but IF the method is completely different, I don't think you need to get Tony's permission to publish this. Yours reminded me of E-case by Mark Mason as well.

http://www.jbtvusa.com/j-b-card-tricks/e......-499.php

Again, IF the method is different to The Switch and E-case then it is original and no permission is required IMO. The idea of a card coming from a card case does not belong to Tony or Mark. Producing a card from a card case is a lot older than either one of them.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12089 Posts

Profile of John C
There's no LAW on permission.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 02:43, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

JM

It is just my opinion, but IF the method is completely different, I don't think you need to get Tony's permission to publish this. Yours reminded me of E-case by Mark Mason as well.

http://www.jbtvusa.com/j-b-card-tricks/e......-499.php

Again, IF the method is different to The Switch and E-case then it is original and no permission is required IMO. The idea of a card coming from a card case does not belong to Tony or Mark. Producing a card from a card case is a lot older than either one of them.

Thank you. That's how I feel as well. Glad we agree Smile

Also, the inspiration was ECase not ECard... I had a senior moment.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
I always liked the premise of this trick. Scotty York would produce the card from a pocket watch, John Kennedy has the mystery box, Sankey came out with paper clipped etc. The one I used for a while was the production of the card from my shoe (I can't remember where I read it off the top of my head), but the card box makes a lot of sense. I thought you routine was good, it would definitely be the sort of thing I'd use.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
I am just wandering.... Everyone got one Jordan for posting his stuff here when it wasn't ready to sell and he was just looking for thoughts on the effect. Someone else posted that this forum is not the place for this and that "You Outta Be in Pictures" section was the right one. So does this not too belong in that forum and not here?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3161 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Looks good. Personally I like all these type effects but use the Bulldog clip which is so open and fair.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2695 Posts

Profile of Tom G
It doesn't seem that there's been any "roadtesting" if they are looking to release soon.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 10:05, Tom G wrote:
It doesn't seem that there's been any "roadtesting" if they are looking to release soon.

Oh no, this is just a rough draft. The road testing is starting today actually.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 10:03, Rizzo wrote:
Looks good. Personally I like all these type effects but use the Bulldog clip which is so open and fair.

While that is a great effect, it seems out of place to me. The reason I like "dropped" so much is because it doesn't seem like a weird gimmick or prop. Just the card box Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Maddy, it looks like Mark Mason's E-case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PAVSSYA3TY
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 10:35, Zombie Magic wrote:
Maddy, it looks like Mark Mason's E-case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PAVSSYA3TY

That was the inspiration for this effect. The big difference being that Dropped can be made for less than $5. Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Maddy, thanks for the extra info. Sounds interesting. Keep us posted on your progress.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 11:04, Zombie Magic wrote:
Maddy, thanks for the extra info. Sounds interesting. Keep us posted on your progress.

No problem. And I definitely will.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dropped (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL