The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ebook offer: Better Returns (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
My ebook, "Better Returns", has been compiled, written and re-written. I finished writing several months ago then set the project aside where's its gathered dust for too long. Life gets busy. Instead of watching my work languish in a corner, I've decided on a very soft opening. The pdf is clear yet unadorned. If I decide to make it prettier later then I'll charge more but for now, this enchanting little enchilada will cost you ten bucks. I believe you'll find much more value than that. It's a deal.

Here's a description of the contents:

Fortunate One
Effect:
While dining casually with friends or prospective clients at a Chinese restaurant, the performer holds his hand above an ordinary, unprepared fortune cookie still wrapped in its plastic. Looking at the participant, the performer states, for example, “I see thrills in your future.” The participant unwraps the fortune cookie and breaks it open to find the following fortune: “A thrilling time is in your immediate future.”

The “Do We Really Need Another Peek?” Peek
Effect: Someone writes on your business card and, holding it writing-side down, you replace it into your wallet. By the time you’ve replaced your wallet into your inner breast pocket you know what they’ve written and can use the information however you like. The wallet is legitimate and ungaffed.

Einstein in My Pocket
Effect:
The right audience experiences a fun, lively (if not slightly inappropriate) performance of Al Koran’s “The Trick That Fooled Einstein” which concludes with a twist of telepathy. If you find it too bold to perform, you'll still enjoy reading about it.

Changing the ODDS
Thoughts on using the "invisible compromise" of "DR" to make Osterlind's drawing duplication effect seem even more unlikely. (Osterlind's secrets won't be divulged so you'll need to own ODDS to benefit the most from this item).

Between Strangers
Effect:
“Between Strangers” is a dual drawing-duplication between two audience members who read one another's minds. This is my handling of a ploy that dates back to vaudeville yet has seen sparse publication, especially considering its strengths: strong mentalism without expensive electronics, pre-show arrangements, secret reflections or impressions.

Beyond Grant’s OOTW
Effect: A performance of U.F. Grant’s classic, impromptu “Nu Way Out of This Word” that incorporates a color sensing routine in which the performer intuits the colors of face down, unmarked, shuffled cards. After his demonstration, the performer shows the participants that he too has a latent ability to sense colors unseen. This hybrid hits hard and can be done anytime and anywhere with a borrowed, shuffled deck. (You'll need to know an impromptu, half-deck handling of OOTW already. Eugene Burger's handling of Grant's "Nu Way" can be found in several places. You can also buy the Grant's original "Nu Way" instructions as a pdf for $3 from an ebook seller).

The "Berglasian Bombshells" ACAAN solutions
Effect: You know.
ACAAN has been beaten to death but if you're still interested, learn two methods I've performed on special occasions over the last decade. One of these methods can also be used for an Open Prediction style presentation.

Apophenial Square:
Effect: This is a stage sized version of a "subliminal square", owing to Doug Dyment's close-up presentations but with a method more suited for my stand up shows. A volunteer somehow intuits a magic square's sum total as if by subliminal influence.

Three Gear-Turners:
A Presentational Idea for a Blindfold Routine (enough said)

Thoughts on using UV ink

Wishing Well (A presentation to add to your own Q&A method)

IN ADDITION...
Six Degrees of You-Know-Who (This one could be an ebook all on its own.)
Effect:
The performer has everyone in the audience think of an actor or actress. He invites three people onstage and gives them a chance to win money if the performer fails. The first person tells the performer who they’re thinking of before the performer links the name of that celebrity to Kevin Bacon, as in the game “The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.” The second participant gives the name of their actor/actress and the performer again links the actor's name with Kevin Bacon. Finally, the last participant thinks of the name of their celebrity and the performer works backwards, starting with Kevin Bacon, and arriving at the name of the thought-of celebrity to the conclude the game. If desired, the performer can then link the first participant’s actor to the second actor and then link the second to the third actor. This one’s full of fun if you’re a film buff and is currently my favorite effect to try on an audience. It requires no pre-show work. Several methods are discussed so you can perform the effect under various conditions.

The material in this ebook amounts to over 40 pages of effects and presentational ideas to feed your creativity and augment your repertoire.

Gimme $10 and it's yours. PayPal address is magicmike3D@yahoo.com

-Mike
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Dibs!

I hope I'm the first to get this... and if this is the blindfold routine I've heard of -- this is absolutely fantastic

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2012-10-09 21:47, dmoses wrote:
Dibs!

I hope I'm the first to get this... and if this is the blindfold routine I've heard of -- this is absolutely fantastic

d

Thanks, dmoses. The routine grabs attention quickly and doesn't waste time in the application of the blindfold. People find it either funny or creepy depending on how you play it. There aren't any methods described as it's the presentation that's different. That's why I call it a "gear-turner"... a concept to get you thinking about your own act. Or you can simply do it as detailed in the ebook. I've never seen anyone else present a blindfold routine this way.

To be clear, the "gear-turners" are not full effects in the same way the rest of the ebook's entries are. They focus on creative presentations. If you're looking for stand-up effects describing complete methods with presentations, then "Einstein in My Pocket", "Between Strangers", "Apophenial Square" and "Six Degrees" might interest you.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey Mike

It IS the routine. I just want to make it clear, the reason I wanted to buy this was so that I could perform this little gem with a clear conscience... but guess what?...
Between Strangers was a forehead slapping moment! A brilliant handling of the "sender problem".

I only get to read and write in little snatches at the moment... so this is the closest I can get to a review.

d
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Mike is a good friend of mine and we go back 15+ years. I love his thinking and creativity. He has strong opinions and knows what he likes. I have had the benefit of discussing most of these routines for years. Dave is right, Mike sharing his blindfold entre' is a generous thing. When Mike first told me about "Einsten in Your Pocket" (I know the actual title is "my pocket", but Einstein has never been in my head or pants) I nearly wet mine...laughing at the hilarity of it and the sheer creativity to structure a very theatric effect (but not for the shy of pants). The fortune cookie thing is so simple, Mike originally did not want to publish it, I told him that is why I thought it was so good.

Since I am Mike's friend, there is no doubt that I am favorably predisposed. It just so happens that I really love his thinking and routining. I am honored that Mike and I have inspired each other. There is a lot of great thinking in this work, my only regret is that he may have caused you to psychologically under-value his work (with the price that is just plain silly)! For the price, if you can't find something worthwhile, you need to find the Einstein in your pocket (or wherever you've been keeping him)!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I've found a designer to polish the ebook's format and appearance. I'll keep it as it is for the next couple of days and only charge $10, then I'm handing it over to a designer and raising the price to somewhere in the $25 range. Thanks to all who've purchased my work and shown their support. If you'd still like a copy, just PayPal $10 to magicmike3D@yahoo.com and I'll send you a password-protected pdf.

Mike
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I'll wait until the price goes up to $25 before I post a full review.
Congrats Mike!

dave
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Just purchased---really looking forward to this
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Thanks for the kind words, friends. I look forward to hearing your feedback once you've had time to digest more of the material.

The price of the ebook will remain at $10 until this Saturday at 9 p.m. (CST).

If you've paid already but somehow haven't received your copy, PM me or email at magicmike3D@yahoo.com so I can resend the password-protected file. Thanks.

-Mike
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3915 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I really like the way you think, Mike.

I'm looking forward to reading your book.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
There have been some difficulties in sending the ebook file to other countries (I don't know why but I've sorted them out). Again, if you've paid then you should have received the file by now. Who knows why, but you might check your SPAM folder. Please don't hesitate to contact me. My email is magicmike3D@yahoo.com and I'll check messages again after work (about 4 hours from now). Thanks for your support.

Best,

Mike
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Apparently some of the emails I'm sending are being blocked because I use a Yahoo address. I have responded to every PayPal purchase since announcing the release of "Better Returns". If you still need the copy you paid for, send me a PM here or an email to magicmike3D@yahoo.com and I'll resend the file from an old gmail address.

3.5 more hours until the ebook is withdrawn for a little cosmetic surgery. Until then, it remains at $10.

Mike
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
In my fervor to make it to Mindvention this weekend I'm once again offering this ebook for sale. Better Returns has returned... and it's better than ever.

Since last year I've added three new effects to those listed in the original post. Two are mental card effects and the last gem uses magazines. Here's a description of the newly added items:

Impromptu Pocket Prediction - The performer shows one card has been placed in his empty pocket. The participant freely names or touches any card from an ungaffed pack of cards. It matches the card in the performer’s pocket.

Easy Peasy Prediction - The performer writes the name of the desired card, the Queen of Spades, on a piece of paper left in plain view. The spec takes the face down cards and deals them one at a time into a pile, stopping at any point to set one face down card aside. The card is turned over and is the Queen of Spades. The rest of the shuffled deck is spread face up and can be left with the audience. This effect requires a gimmick that you should already own and it can also be used in my Berglasian Bombshell ACAAN as described earlier in the ebook.

Glance A*** - A presentation that works with ordinary magazines, but when applied to Steve Thompson's excellent magazine test it takes "Glance" from being simply a word test to one in which you can describe sights, smells, sounds, etc., as imagined by the spectator. Just like a real telepathist would.

You can get your copy of the new edition of Better Returns for only $12. PayPal magicmike3D@yahoo.com Thanks.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I missed this first time round.
Glad to be able to help you get to MindVention.

Steve
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I'm sending out the copies manually. Once you send payment you should receive your copy within a couple of hours.

Quote:
On 2013-11-07 03:20, Stephen Young wrote:

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I'll drink to you at Jack's Pub.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3718 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Got to be worth $12 and if it helps get you to MV then money well spent.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12160 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 03:20, Stephen Young wrote:

Steve

Steve, will you b at mindvention?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Sorry no JC.

But I am determined to go next year.
I've never been so if anyone has any tips, travel, accommodation etc.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of dmoses
This is great material.
I'm glad I picked it up... but heart-broken that I won't be able to make it to Mindvention.

Have fun for both of us Mike!

d
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
854 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hey Mike,

I just bought a copy of your ebook. Looking forward to reading it and meeting you at Mindvention.

Lou
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ebook offer: Better Returns (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL