The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubbér Thruhand by Dan Hauss & Blake Vogt and The Blue Crown (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
On 2012-10-16 08:33, thehawk wrote:
Nothing beats CMH. Not saying that this isn't really good but I haven't seen anything as good as CMH.

I agree. Also, if CMH was being sold today for the first time there wouldn't be numerous cuts in the demo video...just sayin' Smile
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2012-10-18 13:24, Chris Meece wrote:
To me the method was pretty obvious and I was able to do it within a short time from watching the demo. It was far easier to figure out than CMH from when I saw Copperfield do it in the 80s. (I didn't have access to magic shops back then and of course no internet) That doesn't negate the value of the DVD, though. I believe the different methods and reveals bring value to this effect. Also the experience brought to the table counts for a lot. I much prefer someone else going out there and making the mistakes so I can learn from them than me doing them.

Agree. I think anyone who has ever read just about any beginner's book on magic should be able to figure this out. I watched the demo one time and then tried it with a rubberband. It worked exactly like I thought it would. Then I remembered doing the same thing 20 years ago when I first read about the effect that this one seems to be based on. That's not to say that it isn't any good or wouldn't fool laymen.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Sure it wont fool most magicians but if we could ALL just see one video posted, it would really be neat.
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
It's a winner!
WALTHER
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
When I was a teenager we would record the Copperfield specials (when they were first being aired) on VHS. I remember seeing CMH for the first time and playing it over and over. I was pretty sure the bands were not gimmicked so went to work trying to reverse engineer the method - took a bit but I worked it out. I mention this because the effect gave me a big enough WHY to pursue the solution. I'm not saying that effects are ours for the taking just because we can figure them out - it's just what I did as a teenager.

Fast forward. I watched the demo of Rubber Thruhand and could not stop myself from the reverse engineering thing - took a bit but I worked it out. Don't worry, I'll be sending my money. This thing is great! I hope it is a total hit!

A new classic.

-- Keith
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-10-19 18:14, AmazingKeithy wrote:
When I was a teenager we would record the Copperfield specials (when they were first being aired) on VHS. I remember seeing CMH for the first time and playing it over and over. I was pretty sure the bands were not gimmicked so went to work trying to reverse engineer the method - took a bit but I worked it out. I mention this because the effect gave me a big enough WHY to pursue the solution. I'm not saying that effects are ours for the taking just because we can figure them out - it's just what I did as a teenager.

Fast forward. I watched the demo of Rubber Thruhand and could not stop myself from the reverse engineering thing - took a bit but I worked it out. Don't worry, I'll be sending my money. This thing is great! I hope it is a total hit!

A new classic.

-- Keith

WOW! The Best post on the entire thread. The reason why telling a story on stage is so powerful. Smile

Heading back to page one to watch video again.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2012-10-12 13:50, Decomposed wrote:
I see no negative now except cash flow!!

I thought you cannot "See"?

BTW, trick looks great, thinking of pulling the trigger Smile
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2012-10-19 18:14, AmazingKeithy wrote:

A new classic.

-- Keith

Gotta say, I see exactly where you are coming from! I did the same thing to my uncle (who grew up with Bill Malone here in Chicago as teenagers) for years trying to figure out his effects. I recorded my uncle every chance I got on my VHS recorder when he visited Chicago from his new home in Cali. I rewinded, and stopped, played, and rewinded again until I had the tricks mastered (RESET by Paul Harris was one I mastered to great detail without ever being explained the method)! What a great post, thanks for that, as your post reminded me of myself so much growing up!

Paul
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-10-20 04:35, Piz wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-12 13:50, Decomposed wrote:
I see no negative now except cash flow!!

I thought you cannot "See"?

BTW, trick looks great, thinking of pulling the trigger Smile

Only can't see the posts. Smile

There was some talk about users posting another video, would be most welcome just to see it in real life.
Kobra
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Kobra
I like rubber band magic, it's great impromptu magic. Purchasing this was a no brainer and I wasn't disappointed.

A nicely produced download, with clear instructions and extra tips, demonstrating a routine that can show both sides and has no gimmicks.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-10-28 18:44, Kobra wrote:
I like rubber band magic, it's great impromptu magic. Purchasing this was a no brainer and I wasn't disappointed.

A nicely produced download, with clear instructions and extra tips, demonstrating a routine that can show both sides and has no gimmicks.

Thanks for review Kobra...
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Great effect and does require some work but you should be able to get it dow in two or three days. CMH takes awhile to get it smooth also. Get this if you like rubberband effects as you won't be disappointed.
I give it 9/10 to 9.5/10.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I give this effect a 10 out of 10. Great impromtu effect that just kills. Easy to do- easy and fun to learn. I love doing Hansen Chein's Touch right after this routine, but really- there are lots of effects that you can add this to.
This is perhaps my favorite rubber band effect. Great job Dan & Blake!
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
It's been quite a while and I have to say that Im enjoying this immensley. This is something you can do on the spot and people love it! Ive seen so many eyes pop and jaws drop with this effect. Amazing work!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I got to add, this is a great and easy rubberband effect. I learned it today and road tested it on my brother who I don't get to see quite often.

I'm gonna keep working on it, a very easy learning curve. It will fit into my rubberband routine.
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Wow this looks similar to an effect I have been working on and preforming for the past 4-5 years! Same idea as a rubber band passing finger to finger, but mine has a killer surprise ending! I might be a little biased but I think my method is a little better. Maybe I should release it!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I love band effect this one looks great
one question can irt gbe done in reverse?/
vinny7
?//
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 12:41, vinsmagic wrote:
I love band effect this one looks great
one question can irt gbe done in reverse?/
vinny7
?//

It could be done in reverse, I just tried it. I don't think it would be as smooth, it could be smootht he handling would have to change and there would be less conviction of what was happening. Plus it's a bit repetitive if you go through and go back again. Talk about a plateau.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
That's nice. I immediately understood how it works and was able to do it before the end of the video, but it's nice.

P!
jamesmwood
View Profile
Regular user
Buda, Texas (near Austin)
113 Posts

Profile of jamesmwood
Thanks for all the back and forth, my friends. You have convinced me that this is a very good routine, worth combining with CMH and Touch. This is why I love this forum!
Jim Wood
Buda, Texas (near Austin)
jawood@utep.edu
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubbér Thruhand by Dan Hauss & Blake Vogt and The Blue Crown (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL