The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Fun with LEDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Sick & Twisted
I was recently playing around with disposable LEDs and whipped up an anglerfish. It was already a few days old at the time of the picture snap, but you get the idea. LEDs are loads of fun, but I'm curious as to see how you guys incorporate them into your work.

Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Love it cool!!
magicsteve16503
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of magicsteve16503
That's amazing. I don't have any pictures at the moment but love making generic princess wands with a clear or jewel 16". Drop a finger flasher in there. Next in line please. It's also great for simple fish. 16" jewel or clear, two balloons for fish body. Then the pole and line. Maybe a hat.

Super fast.

I'll get some pictures up by the end of the week. I imagine that you can imagine it though.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Is that the fish from Nemo that tried to eat Dori and Nemo's dad?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
On 2012-10-15 14:39, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Is that the fish from Nemo that tried to eat Dori and Nemo's dad?

Yep, that's the one!
Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Sick & Twisted
I forgot there was an anglerfish in that movie. I'll use that as a source next time I build one. This was just an uneven 6 balloon basket weave that tapered towards the tail, with some makeshift 646/350 fins scabbed into the body, and a raisin twist locking the gums/teeth into the the lower jaw. I was worried that the light appendage wouldn't be able to support itself, (and expected that I would need to spiral two balloons together) but lo and behold, a lone 260 was able to keep a curve and hold up the LED agate unassisted for the first couple of days. Good learning experience should I ever need to build one for a client. Smile

I also tried to get some pictures of a David Brenion-styled pumpkin mask I made where the eyes were backlit with LEDs, but none of them turned out worth a darn (even worse than the photo posted above). Picture a jack-o-lantern-esque giant mask. I'll try and post more pics later.
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
This past weekend I made a fishing hat, which is a Don Caldwell (before Buster) design. It is basically a fishing pole with a fish on the end of the fishing line dangling. The fishing pole and fish are on a hat. If I am working at night (like I did this past weekend) I will stick a finger LED in the fish, but not turn it on until right before I give them the hat. I'll use Buster's line and call it a Nuclear Fission (fishin') hat. This always gets a great reaction. One time I did this for a group of teachers and had to explain it. They must have been English and not science teachers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Fun with LEDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL