The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There are Many Ways to skin a cat: Sorry fluffy. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
How many of you have taken anatomy and physiology?
I hat to disect a cat. Yes--I skinned it. Don't you feel it weird to disect a cat for a human body class?
This was 12 yrs ago or so at my college.

Ellen
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
All I got to do was disect a worm! Not even a frog!

Pitiful!!!
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
Thanks, Ellen. I'm now going to tell my cat that if she doesn't stop clawing the dining room furniture, I'm going to invite you to visit us in Los Angeles.
jazzman
View Profile
New user
manchester, UK
69 Posts

Profile of jazzman
I had to dissect several rats and frogs during my stint at college some years ago, apparently its not allowed now due to some weird ruling.

Unfortunate as it was my favourite part of Biology.
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
In Jr. High and one year of high school alone, I've disected a frog, a rat, a cow eye, and some other stuff that I can't remember. Luckily, I'm not taking any more biology-like classes so cats shouldn't be on my to-do list!
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
A cat is a wierd thing to dissect! We did rats, cows eyes and hearts, frogs etc but never anything as...pettish as a cat!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4380 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I've read this befur!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Illusions4Life
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
128 Posts

Profile of Illusions4Life
In high school we got to do a fetal pig, my group was the only one to get the entire large intestine out without breaking it we got to stretch it the length of the lab so everyone could look at it. Smile

In college all I got to do was a rat, how sad but I did go to college 17 years after I went to high school, how things change
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
My high school biology class has a lab need to disect 4 animals by 4 different groups; a cat, a rabbit, a small shark and a pigeon. I'm doing the rabbit, the easiest of all 4 is the cat because its the largest of all.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Never a cat, but a pig.
Anyway, your dead cat reminds me of a story...

One of the family cats ends up (where else) dead in the dryer. The family comes to ask me to take care of it, as they are too weepy to see the poor thing. I do the retrieval and the burying. The family can't resist their macabre temptation to ask..."What did he look like?" My answer....
Fluffy.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I best he was spring time fresh too!

This will gross some of you out, but in my Human Anatomy class we took a field trip to Duke University in NC and got to crack open a cadaver. I got to cut out one side of the rib cage and then a girl threw up. It was cool.

But I would never, ever in a gazillion years disect a cat. How's that for priorities?
Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10874 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ellen did you say you disected a Cat or was it Harry's HAT.........

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Firedice--
I would have rather a human than a poor kitty. After all-human anatomy--not kitty.

Blinbo--you must have used bounce. (sorry I had to)

Vinnie-- Nothing up my sleeve--presto! It was a cat not a borselino.

The weirder part that they freeze dried the cats--they were in mid stretch.

Ellen
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
My ex had a cat when she was 13 (she is 27 now) and it died while she was away on camp, so her dad put it in the freezer so she could bury it when she got home....you guessed it, 14 years later it's still there!!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Chris,

Glad to hear she is an "ex", that's a bit freaky.

I had to go to an autopsy while I was in Paramedic school. At first it was a bit weird, but it was fascinating to find out how the girl we were working on died. After I got over the whole "it's a dead body" thing and relaxed, it was an amazing journey. I learned a ton in a short couple of hours.

It's not for everyone, but for a few, very interesting.

Keith Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
We did frogs, fetal pigs, and giant grasshoppers.

I STILL CAN'T STAND THE SMELL OF FORMALDEHYDE.

BTW, a good friend of mine is a mortician. Ugh....we now have a very clear rule which he respects - don't tell me about your day at the morgue!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6655 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I did stand up for awhile and did a character called Arlo Live... he was a serial killer comedian. One his lines, always said completely dead pan..."Some kids have hobbies... one kid will see a Mexican coin amongst some change and decide to collect others like it... another might like to collect strange looking stamps... I started my hobby much the same way... it started when I heard my mother say, 'there's more than one way to skin a cat'... there's actually 153... 154 if you count that experiment with the Flo-bee."
Sometimes the tag line was: "154 if you count that experiment with the electric sander."
I miss Arlo.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
Hmm. I also heard a response to this line.

"There's more than one way to skin a cat." "How many ways do you NEED, you Nazi?"
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There are Many Ways to skin a cat: Sorry fluffy. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL