The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New book (90 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Hi,

There have been rumors for a while now that I was working on a new card book in the mode of Cardshark, Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table, and Scams & Fantasies with Cards. The rumors are true. Up until now I have avoided the inquiries I’ve gotten about this because I didn’t want to create interest before the project was in its final stage.

That final stage has arrived. The book is called Lessons in Card Mastery. It contains thirty card effects. It will retail for $55. It will be very similar to my previous card books, although slightly larger.

In addition to the regular edition, there will also be a Deluxe Collectors' Edition. It is limited to 100 numbered, signed copies, bound in bonded leather, in a custom slipcase, with a bound-in ribbon bookmark. The price for this limited edition will be $110. Those who order earliest will receive the lowest numbered copies and when they’re gone, they’re gone.

I should have copies available for shipping in about five weeks. Between now and then, I will accept pre-orders. If you pre-order, I’ll have a mailer addressed to you and ready to go so that your book will ship the moment I receive copies from the printer.

As a thank-you to anyone who pre-orders, I will pay domestic shipping on the regular edition. (Unfortunately, I can’t make the same offer for overseas orders or limited-edition orders.) I will also autograph each copy (unless you request otherwise).

I you want to pre-order, email me at the address in my signature.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Great news Darwin. I'm looking foreward to this one as I have all your previous books.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
This is a great news! I look forwards to this book as I enjoyed all the previous books you wrote.

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
That's great news Darwin. Will this book also have a mix of gambling and non-gambling effects/routines?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2012-10-13 23:47, motown wrote:
That's great news Darwin. Will this book also have a mix of gambling and non-gambling effects/routines?

Yes. Among other things, it contains what I sincerely believe is the strongest Texas Hold’em routine to appear to date (completely impromptu). It also contains several effects that, while not gambling routines, could be considered skill demonstrations. The bulk of the effects are, of course, card magic.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi darwin, any chance of a list of contents?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
How many pages, and who is the publisher?
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
The book is 281 pages in the same oversize format as my other card books. It contains about 280 illustrations by Tony Dunn and is published by Ortiz Publications.

I won’t list the table of contents only because I really don’t think it will provide any insights, except perhaps into my taste in movies. As with my previous books, many of the trick titles are obscure movie titles.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Just pre-ordered! :O)
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Me too!!!!!

Darwin, do you also have some of your memdeck work in the book??

Best regards,

Zedd
MARKC
View Profile
New user
UK
72 Posts

Profile of MARKC
Will this be available from dealers? because the cost of postage to the UK will be criminal
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2012-10-14 12:07, Zedd wrote:
Me too!!!!!

Darwin, do you also have some of your memdeck work in the book??

Best regards,

Zedd

There are seven effects in the book that use a memorized stack. These can be performed with any memorized stack.
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2012-10-14 15:06, MARKC wrote:
Will this be available from dealers? because the cost of postage to the UK will be criminal

The book will be available through dealers. Keep in mind that overseas magic dealers also have to pay to have books shipped to them from the U.S. They usually incorporate that cost into the price they charge. That said, I can’t say how the costs would compare buying from me vs. buying from a dealer in your country.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Quote:
On 2012-10-14 08:09, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
I won’t list the table of contents only because I really don’t think it will provide any insights, except perhaps into my taste in movies.

Having discovered, amongst other things, a Richard Widmark gem from previous insights, this in itself would always be interesting.

Very much looking forward to the new book.
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2012-10-14 18:42, PapaG wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-14 08:09, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
I won’t list the table of contents only because I really don’t think it will provide any insights, except perhaps into my taste in movies.

Having discovered, amongst other things, a Richard Widmark gem from previous insights, this in itself would always be interesting.

Very much looking forward to the new book.

Pickup on South Street is definitely a noir classic from the great Sam Fuller.

However, I don't recommend that anyone watch Cannibal Holocaust even though I named a card trick after it.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Will the pre- order deal apply to Canada?
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Unfortunately, I can’t afford to cover the cost of shipping to Canada. So, if you’re Canadian, the only advantages of pre-ordering are that the book will be personally autographed to you and will be shipped to you the moment that I receive it from the printer.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Sounds great, Darwin, your books are on my "will not part with" list. I can't wait to get this one.
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Profile of michaelvincent
I am really excited to see this book finally come to light.

I have been privileged to see many of these effects from Darwin long before I new he was writing a new book. When he asked me to read the book in draft form, I was blown away by the sheer quality of the material. Many of the effects that I had seen are included plus new routines that are simply 'breathtaking'. In reading through the draft, it occurred to me that this new book could well be his finest to date. It represent a quantum leap in quality, creativity, intellectual analysis and sheer value for money. It is no secret that I am big fan of Darwin's books and have been long before I became one of his students.

I make no apology for my enthusiasm for his latest contribution to the subject of card magic. I feel the title of this book lives up to claim, 'Lessons in Card Mastery' is your opportunity to take your studies to a post graduate level, do it, you will not be disappointed.

Michael Vincent
London
Magic for the 21st Century
"Why be mediocre, when you have excellence as an option"

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

The Vincent Academy of Magic
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-10-20 11:50, Michaelvincent wrote:
I am really excited to see this book finally come to light.

I have been privileged to see many of these effects from Darwin long before I new he was writing a new book. When he asked me to read the book in draft form, I was blown away by the sheer quality of the material. Many of the effects that I had seen are included plus new routines that are simply 'breathtaking'. In reading through the draft, it occurred to me that this new book could well be his finest to date. It represent a quantum leap in quality, creativity, intellectual analysis and sheer value for money. It is no secret that I am big fan of Darwin's books and have been long before I became one of his students.

I make no apology for my enthusiasm for his latest contribution to the subject of card magic. I feel the title of this book lives up to claim, 'Lessons in Card Mastery' is your opportunity to take your studies to a post graduate level, do it, you will not be disappointed.

Michael Vincent
London

Mr. Vincent,

There is certainly no need for you to apologize; I would argue that your praise of any work speaks volumes - please pardon the pun - such that hacks like myself will definitely sit up and take notice. That said, I will buy any Darwin Ortiz book sight unseen; the same applies to your material and a handful of others. I am hoping that EU dealers won't kill us on the price Smile

With deep respect,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New book (90 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL