We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Repair demagnetized coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
161 Posts

Profile of chanor
I have a Coin Unique set and the magnetized half dollar has lost its power. Is there any way to restore the magnetic property?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
No I don't think so. the magnet will have to be replaced in it.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Actually you can, most likely. Take a look here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4878360_old-magn......ets.html

If the magnet in your older coin unique is a standard, older magnet, you can re-magnetize it with a larger, more powerful neodymium (rare earth) magnet.

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5059 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Good reference Jim, I was pretty suse you could you can even magnetize a screw driver and de-magnatize it by rubbing it along the magnet in opposite directions
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-10-14 22:51, J-Mac wrote:
Actually you can, most likely. Take a look here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4878360_old-magn......ets.html

If the magnet in your older coin unique is a standard, older magnet, you can re-magnetize it with a larger, more powerful neodymium (rare earth) magnet.

Jim

This ^
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Repair demagnetized coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL