The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Do you ask? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea you see this is my fault. I didn't think in the context of this thread my sarcasam would be so mired in subtlety.

Sorry my bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
I'm a polock, so it’s often that social cues fly by me completely unnoticed
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-25 10:46, illusionistaxe wrote:
Was expecting the magic Café to be fun. Looks like some people just can't live without spoiling the fun. Not worth my time. Think what you wanna think. Goodbye.

It is fun here. But...it's not a bubble. 2+2=4 still applies. Math is math, no matter how someone spins it.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2012-10-25 10:37, Dannydoyle wrote:
Whatever, I am just glad we got a true total of what 800 shows means LOL.

With that logic, Christopher Lyle has done 50,000 shows!

Wow! I must be tired!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
David Stone does not ask either, he says in his book that he tells them he is friends of the owner, and they asked him to come to their table to entertain them them while they wait for the food. This makes the customer feel more important and less likely to be resistant. He also says that sometime he intorduces himself and immediately goes into his opener. He also states that this works for HIM which was said countless times now in this thread. But what does David Stone know? He is not from the sacred Enternal Order!

So he knows nothing! I find it odd that some continue to argue what is best for others when something in clearly working for them, yet they continue to try and impose their own way of doing things on them which is pretty silly and a waste of time. But some have nothing better to do in life than argue on the Café 24/7, usually those same sacred members. Also when I said about someone reaching Eternal Order in "3 years" I meant it probably took them only 3 years to get there since posting on here seems to be their life, not how long they have been here "total" for those "math wizards" in this thread.

400 shows a year is not impossible on a Cruise Ship. 400 gigs a year at different venues is another story. I even find it hard to believe that anyone could do 2-4 shows a night 365 days a year and not totally burn out. Everyone needs some time off even if it is a day or two so you are reinvigorated. Also people can get sick, especially under that type of schedule. So maintaining that schedule wold be very difficult and a lot of stress over the long term.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sorry we can only go by what you write, not by what you meant LOL. But whatever.

But it appears if David does not ambush people. It seems as if he introduces himself as the magician, and goes from there.

Why are you so constantly confrontational? If you have a problem send a PM so I can properly ignore it and others don't have to be bothred with your yapping about 'eternal order' or whatever wild hair is up wherever it is on you. You are a 30 year pro so you say. LET IT GO.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Stone said "IF he does not go into his effect right away sometimes he will introduce himself." Maybe you should try actually buying his book and reading it. You are the one who is always confrontational and bullying people on here daily. Well I tend to enjoy bullying "bullies" to let them know what it feels like. I don't waste my time doing it as much now though as I said I have better things to do, namely a life and a career. You are the one who is "confusing". You said you "only did magic for the money" and never as a hobby, which is your problem and only further proves what I said in earlier posts. Doing magic "only for the money" as you claim makes you a tired, boring, and miserable person.

I said " I don't have that kind of time as I actually perform for a living, not make it a goal see "Eternal Order" under my name in 3 years." Which means you probably had that title in 3 years of posting during any of that time, I never said you were here 3 years total. So "twist it" anyway you want so you have a reason to post as you ususally do. I "agreed" in the approach, but I don't agree in insulting others who use other approaches that work for them.

If you hate magic and magicians so much why do you even bother wasting your time on a magic forum full of magicians? That is what doesn't "add up". But then again it does kinda add up because "misery loves company". Since 95% of your posts are bashing other magicians daily and not even talking about effects, DVDS or books, just trying to toot your own horn and stroke your own already over-inflated ego based on nothing more than a post count it seems. I doubt you even own any magic to talk about LOL! So maybe you should just "let it go" that everyone does not agree with your opinions, and it doesn't make them incompetent, nor does agreeing with your opinions make anyone successful. Most only do it out of fear of you typing up another book of ridicule on why they suck. You need some "new material" here also though because your act got old years ago.

So maybe you should get out of that Café corner more and actually do magic for fun instead of making a life out of bashing magicians on the Café all day and night and scaring off new members with your post title. At least they are out performing. But you seem to get off on that and are hopeless so I will let it go at that.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow how perceptive and insightful of you.

Oh wait, the other thing.

You seem to make a habit of missing the point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
illusionistaxe
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of illusionistaxe
Quote:
On 2012-10-26 17:33, sirbrad wrote:

400 shows a year is not impossible on a Cruise Ship. 400 gigs a year at different venues is another story. I even find it hard to believe that anyone could do 2-4 shows a night 365 days a year and not totally burn out. Everyone needs some time off even if it is a day or two so you are reinvigorated. Also people can get sick, especially under that type of schedule. So maintaining that schedule wold be very difficult and a lot of stress over the long term.

Exactly! On the ship, you have to perform EVERYDAY (including Sundays) even when you are sea sick! It's not necessary for gigs to be in different locations. Only the ships change with the magician's upcoming contracts. Yes, 800 shows....successful shows. I will not regret for saying this. No other magician who is performing on the cruise ships will ever regret saying that. Because, that's what we did there.....BELIEVE IT OR NOT!
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
Ah, this thread started off so good. Good info. Then it digressed into...

As I have not done any strolling for over 15 years I’m not really qualified to comment directly. I will say as a guy who’s managed a lot of sales people, approach depends on the person. I’ve had people working for me that approached clients, waiters, waitresses, people, etc. in ways that made my skin crawl. Yet, I personally saw them be successful 100% of the time. I had one guy that just had the mojo, but that’s a different story. What works for one personality will not work for another.

That said, I vote for ask first. But that’s because that fits me.
Philip Busk
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1700 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Thought Id let you know how I as a Professional Corporate worker, that's all I do-Corporate work..
approach tables or more to the point groups who stand at functions prior to entering the Dining room
of Top Hotels & conferences for International companies & very Important guests

I agree with a lot of comments from previous posts but as the Entertainer you must
be able to judge people who to approach & who to leave for now..This comes from experience
from doing hundreds of top paid events

Courtesy & manners are a must but you can also approach people with out Saying the classic Lines-Do you want to see....
You have to be able to talk business with business people & sports with sports people, chat with celebrities & know when to walk away..
usually you find you'll get a call back to a tough group later in the night-Life experience tells when to observe & respect clients if you have to..Top Grooming & cleanliness at all times

Tim Ellis in Australia
had a fabulous bit of advice years ago after observing waiters interupting groups with nibbles etc,after magicians were turned away!!
and applied this method to start an effect..Give them something...
I use this approach at top Events charging top dollar & I can verify it works every time-after Ive observed
the group to see if I can do this....manners & Courtesy at all times, observe how the first reactions are & be prepared to leave
but be polite..If they want more ..fine...keep your routines fun & short...dont stay too long.

Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Do you ask? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL