The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » I need a good opening trick for my show. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
I doEmcee work for Elvis shows around the midwest. Looking for a good funny opener.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Cut and restored rope, simple props, easy to do, and tons of opportunity for comedy. Dress the effect up with cut no cut scissors.

Egg bag- simple classic of magic, again you can use a lot of gags and funny lines.

I have recently been doing this comedy style Mentalism bit. It’s really easy, and I added a lot of humor too it. It’s still rather new to me, but so far it has gotten some good reactions. Only 10,000 performances to go before I have it the way I want it.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2176 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
The cut and restored is a good idea Andy, though get rid of the rope and use one of the Elvis neck scarves.
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
That a great idea!! Elvis scarf.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
The scarf is a great idea. Funny thing is a week or two ago I met a guy who put on Elvis shows as well. I think he did it nationally not just in the Midwest. But I could be wrong. Anyway you will find that you can take a lot of magic, and dress it up with an Elvis theme. You could do an Elvis Karate Chop card stab. Paul Harris has a floating peanut butter sandwich effect, if memory serves me correctly Elvis use to eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches. With a little thought, you could come up with some really awesome Elvis theme magic, and any trick can be a comedy routine, it’s all in presentation.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Iam that guy andy!! Thanks for the advise.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2579 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
"I need a good opening trick for my show."

Don't we all !
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Quote:
On 2012-10-21 09:00, magic8161 wrote:
Iam that guy andy!! Thanks for the advise.

awesome, if you have any other questions or need some help, shoot out to the shop, or give me a call I beleive you have my card.

hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
How about some type of Elvis instant magician. That would be interesting.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2579 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Steve Best a comedy club magic act in the UK does a bit in his show which he says is a tribute to Elvis. He says he going to combine the things Elvis was famous for outside his music. Eating and dying on the toilet. He then does a very irreverent trick (it made me laugh a lot though) which, when I saw him perform last at a Ladies Sunday Luncheon in a posh hotel in Hampshire, nearly caused the old ladies attending to have a collective seizure.

Hocuspocusjay23, I could see that an Elvis instant magician might work well for a certain performing style... the music and actions are already familiar to the audience you just have to work out the tenuous reason why you'd be doing it which shouldn't be too hard to invent.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » I need a good opening trick for my show. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL