The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » DVD ripping... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Here's my dilemma, I have a DVD of my show but I want to edit in in MovieMaker so that I can make a promo clip. In order to do this I apparently need software that will rip the DVD and then save it as a file MovieMaker will accept.

A quick search of Google reveals that there are a lot of these programs, some are free and others are available for varying prices. I'm always a little worried that I might be downloading something nasty, so I'm hoping that someone here might be able to recommend a good and safe one.

Cheers
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
There's no need to pay for anything to do this. Most of the time, the free programs do a better job than the paid. Do you know what format you want the finished video to be?

Use a program called VOB2MPG v3.0. http://www.svcd2dvd.com/VOB2MPG/default.aspx Scroll down to "Download VOB2MPG v3.0" and you can download the free version. This will take your DVD and create a mpeg file that can be used with Movie Maker. There will be no quality loss because it is not converting the file.

You could also use MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0. http://www.womble.com/products/index.html It has a free full featured trial. You can use this instead of Movie Maker to also edit the video.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Thank you SO much for those recommendations, that was exactly what I was after. I've got a day of ripping ahead of me now! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » DVD ripping... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL