The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » If you could ask one question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Very interesting questions. Thanks to all who posted.
Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
How do you create a unique voice and character for a new puppet?
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Today I finished an interview for the next Learn-Ventriloquism Master Class titled: Discussions On Showmanship. I've posted a picture on the Facebook Page at:

http://www.facebook.com/LearnVentriloquism

It was over an hour of some very cool conversation and well worth me flying out to California to do this one-on-one. Like the page, and like the picture if you know who it is!

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Aussie
View Profile
Special user
Australia
623 Posts

Profile of Aussie
Looking forward to this interview. He's a really nice guy and my personal inspiration for becoming a ventriloquist
Australia's Most Original Ventriloquist

http://www.ladymaceentertainment.com
bearT
View Profile
New user
Chesterfield UK
23 Posts

Profile of bearT
How do you know your routine/jokes are funny enough, when we practice we'll see it all through different eyes than the audience Smile
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
BearT - I can answer that one straight up based on my own experience and conversations with other pro vents. If you find the material funny, craft the jokes correctly and present them properly, your audience will find them funny. If you don't find the jokes to be laugh out loud funny - you have an uphill struggle. The only way to know if your routines are funny enough is to get in front of as many audiences as possible and do your routines. Record the performances and pay attention to what gets a laugh and what doesn't. Then hone the material and drop the weak stuff.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

bearT
View Profile
New user
Chesterfield UK
23 Posts

Profile of bearT
Thanks for your answer tacrowl, my worry is that my sense of humour is not necessarily the same as other peoples, what I may laugh out loud at myself others may cry at, but I guess the only way to know is to get out there and have a few dissapointing performances to learn from Smile
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Don't go into them with the attitude they will be disaapointing. Use them as a learning experience. Do your friends like your sense of humor? If so, then there will be an audience for your type of material - you just have to find it.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
BTW - I just posted another pic on the FaceBook page regarding the next Master Class. Hope I didn't blow the secret surprise on this one... Smile

http://www.facebook.com/LearnVentriloquism

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

bearT
View Profile
New user
Chesterfield UK
23 Posts

Profile of bearT
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 17:22, tacrowl wrote:
Don't go into them with the attitude they will be disaapointing. Use them as a learning experience. Do your friends like your sense of humor? If so, then there will be an audience for your type of material - you just have to find it.

I don't have a dissapointing attitude, but I am a realist and realise that there will be some dissapointments along this journey, and they'll be more than likely be at the beginning.

I would say it's about 50/50 with my friends, some like my sense of humour and some don't, so I should get 50% of an audience laughing Smile
Matt_24
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Matt_24
BearT....you know if you're funny or not. The fact is, everyone isn't funny, but that hasn't stopped a vast multitude from becoming ventriloquists, so don't let it stop you in your journey! (You see, that was a joke).

Also, everyones sense of humor is different to a certain extent. There are some acts that I don't laugh at and others do. This, of course, could also be contributed to the level of sophistication of my fellow audience members. Some laugh at Larry David, some laugh at Freckles the clown. The beauty is that there are paying markets for both acts!!

Tom gave you perfect advice. You have to get out and test your material. Keep the strong. Weed out the weak. Find your target audience. And when all else fails, Steal!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I wanted to take another chance to say thanks to everyone who provided questions here - they all couldn't make it into the interviews, but a couple of them did. Here is a variation on one that David Pitts asked:
http://youtu.be/anybhFjm2fo

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » If you could ask one question... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL