We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Image ! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Just saw the Stones in concert and the last time was at their gig in Hyde Park all those years ago. Of interest was the Image remained the same all these years,,,its what made them all that money,,,Image %80 Talent %10 the rest was luck and yes they still had it,,,the secret ingredient image.Once more the rough image which back in the 60`s was the direct opposite to the other top group of the era (Beatles). So rough pays better than smooth yet again,,,so bowties in the bin and glue on your chest wigs,,,escapologist or rent boy,,wealthy or skint.

The tickets were £400 a peice against a free entrance (Via under the security fence last time).

Ken
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Received a bunch of pics from the USA this morning supplied by CHAINS....a couple showed an escapist bound in rope and cuffs but the guy was dressed in a white shirt, tie, patent shoes and not a hair out of place !!! Hahaha I thought my knickers would never dry!!!

Another one with heavy chains and cuffs still with the pansies white shirt and Tie!!! Hell couldn't even see a bead of sweat on his brow,,,,and we wonder where our art is going. Are these idiots for real???

Ken
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Can I have a look ill PM you my email. Having a break from packing .... And could do wit a laugh.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Sounds like a James bond image! Smile
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Image is very important it defines the direction one would make in their career.
It boils down to individual style, what you want to portray to your audience and what market one desires to work in.
Do you want people to think of you as a sideshow act? If so, jeans and rip shirt should be in your promo which is good for fairs, festivals and the streets.
Do you want people to think of you as James Bond - sleek and stylist that can get out of any situation - then suit and ties are in order. There is more demand in the corporate market, television, special corporate events, promo parties and etc for this style.

Personally, what cracks me up are guys who uses those loop type of cuffs for escapes - http://www.my-magicshop.com/chain-release-hand-cuffs.html
Also, guys that claim to be badasses and on their website, videos and forums and they are displaying mixed images of them eating fire, nails in their head, being smacked around, cuffed and couple photos later there is an image of them making a pink balloon dog and another photo of them doing linking rings --- Now that's funny!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Remember Curtis, Moodini used loop cuffs and they did not work as he planned. The video us up on ties website under moodini's warning.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We met Moodini in October. He was at one of our shows at Atlanta Motor Speedway. He seemed like a pretty good guy. He had a camera crew with him and was shooting a pilot. They interviewed Kristen for part of it.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
I don't think these cuffs in this application are convincing to the audience. I think the spectator thinks of it as a magical prop.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
It appears that members of our community have exposed pretend escapists and posted within their own ranks. This is acceptable like it or not and the info is aimed at the pro ea rather than pretenders,,,say no more.

Dave,,have detailed to you via pm,,enjoy.

May I take the opportunity to point out that you have to be a member in order to make comment.

Ken
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
WOW!
CLiff I just watched it! OOPS!
Hmm, crazy! I would had used a false loop in the chain!

Is he okay?
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
Curtis, I've never liked those cuffs either, they look too strange. The principle in them is sound and I have employed the principle in many other ways. So has Jay Leslie, he sells something different using the same principle on his site. Houdini used a giant one to link everything to in the center of his chest, but when photographed wouldn't use it (he only used the oval principle live, as people might be able to figure it from a photo).

Moodini is fine, they did a spot for him on Tosh2.o

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clip......-moodini
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Magicbymccauley
thanks for the share, OMG that was a funny video!
I bet he had fun making it!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hmm, Kevin, Kristen, when you saw Moodini, how was he? I am sure his broken bones healed, but he had to have some severe joint damage, from an event like that, and those can be life long injuries.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
He actually looked fine. I don't doubt though that he will have bad arthritis in the future. I'll find a picture of Kristen and him.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
It appears that members of our community have exposed pretend escapists and posted within their own ranks. This is acceptable like it or not and the info is aimed at the pro ea rather than pretenders,,,say no more.

I don't know what you meant, but I defend to the death your right to confuse me.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
The "James Bond" image could work in the right situations. But the expensive suit, perfect hair and flashy car isn't JB when he's in the thick of it doing what he does.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guar......-008.jpg is an example of this.

Also in Daniel Craig's first outing as JB he got shot up and bleeding everywhere.

So if you can recreate that in an escape act it could work
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
Can't resist this little gem - concerning both image and JB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aanBjxHwI4A&feature=fvwp&NR=1
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Who are you speaking about Dave?
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 02:28, Roslyn wrote:
The "James Bond" image could work in the right situations. But the expensive suit, perfect hair and flashy car isn't JB when he's in the thick of it doing what he does.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guar......-008.jpg is an example of this.

Also in Daniel Craig's first outing as JB he got shot up and bleeding everywhere.

So if you can recreate that in an escape act it could work

Yes, I agree, some messy is good, but also it depends on what the purpose of the photos.
Are they performance photos or are the promo photos for press kits to reflect an image/style personality of the performer?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
All these experts that don't do the biz for real hahaha say no more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Image ! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL