The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A new iPhone trick - iTWIST (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
Performed by Dynamo on his TV special!

Imagine if you could borrow an iPhone from anyone, twist it, and restore it right there right then. Hand the phone back to its owner. This, is insane..

Cell phone has grown to be a very intimate and emotional attachment to almost everyone is this generation. There is just no better object to borrow and shock people with. An extremely commercial and easy to do miracle that guarantee to generate HUGE reaction.

Remember, the phone is completely safe at all time; you could use your own iPhone or any borrowed ones if you happen to use a different model. A modern miracle for the modern magician.

Video:
http://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/itwist-by-skulkor
WALTHER
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1759 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Would be good if included gimmick for iPhone 5 as well.
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Andrew Csirmaz
Quote:
On 2012-10-20 12:33, reignofsound wrote:
Would be good if included gimmick for iPhone 5 as well.

We hope to have a gimmick for the iPhone 5 model too. Until then, we have to borrow our spectators 4and 4S models Smile

Andrew
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Lay people might not notice, but if the one side did not twist, why did the buttons on the side move. I noticed that the first view.

I guess if you do not linger on the change for a length of time, and twist back to normal, it might fly.

Phil

Or it might be better to use the lower half where there are no teletale buttons.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I hope Paul Harris get's FULL credit for this as THE source for inspiration.
JM
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9166 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very good effect if , big if, you can find an iPhone without a case on it. The same problem as the other iPhone effects out there.
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
What's with all these IPhone tricks today? Am I the only human being (and also all my friends) without a freaking iPhone???
Magic creators should support more devices than just one stupid phone (or should I call it status symbol)?

How happy were the days without smart phones and social platforms...the days with real friends and not just lame people on a friend list.

Don't get me wrong I'm very open to new effects. I really like Cell by David Stone but I don't get this iPhone hype...

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Looks like Paul Harris's "Screwed Deck" with an iphone.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Looks neat. I don't have an iphone either though.

And the close up of the hand 42 seconds in looks like the profile of some hideously deformed guy with his eyeball bugging out. I thought that was "Skulkor".

DD
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2012-10-20 18:03, Nikki78 wrote:
What's with all these IPhone tricks today? Am I the only human being (and also all my friends) without a freaking iPhone???
Magic creators should support more devices than just one stupid phone (or should I call it status symbol)?

How happy were the days without smart phones and social platforms...the days with real friends and not just lame people on a friend list.

Don't get me wrong I'm very open to new effects. I really like Cell by David Stone but I don't get this iPhone hype...

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Nikki

I don't know about in Germany, but in America it's not a status symbol. It's simply the most popular type of cell phone, so it makes sense to tailor effects to a device that millions of people carry with them all the time.

David Stone's Cell is sadly at least 5 years out of date with where technology is today.

I don't believe we've seen a REALLY great iphone trick yet. We seem to still be in the beginning stages of coming up with ideas (Palming in and out iphone-sized objects to place on a person's phone is going to look awfully primitive as a method in a few years, I suspect). But it's definitely something I hope people still keep working on because magic with borrowed objects is awesome and I'm glad to have something other than money to borrow and perform effects with.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I think this is great! Considering the working, it should be much easier to handle without using the cloth like iLogo (which I perform A LOT). From my experience with iLogo, people go crazy seeing things happen to their own phones. This is even better. My order is in..

Aaron
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9166 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Aaron. How do you get past the iPhone case problem? Everyone, or nearly everyone has one on their iPhone because they're so fragile.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
935 Posts

Profile of David Klass
You ask them to take it off Pegasus..
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4374 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-10-20 18:03, Nikki78 wrote:

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Nikki

I agree to a point ,alway's apps out for blooming Iphone's but anyone else who has not got one, then forget it,most annoying.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
If you don't have a iphone, you can buy a dummy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dummy-Display-NO......2c4ccb9b
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On 2012-10-21 06:26, gimmickless wrote:
If you don't have a iphone, you can buy a dummy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dummy-Display-NO......2c4ccb9b

Hi gimmickless,

thanks for the advice but then I need to buy a gimmick for a gimmick Smile
That makes no sense to me Smile

I just wanted to say with my first post that it's not for me. One doesn't have to buy any new effect.
I just stay at "Truly Screwed" - a pack of cards is also cheaper than a phone Smile

Cheers

Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
I hope they got permission both from Paul Harris and Dynamo, although judging from their ethics on some of their other releases, I doubt it.
M P
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Quote:
On 2012-10-20 13:42, Merlin wrote:
Lay people might not notice, but if the one side did not twist, why did the buttons on the side move. I noticed that the first view.

I guess if you do not linger on the change for a length of time, and twist back to normal, it might fly.

Phil

Or it might be better to use the lower half where there are no teletale buttons.

I really like the idea, but I was hoping for a more "twisted" look rather than the bottom half looking as though it just flipped.

I also noticed the discrepancy with the buttons on the first viewing, as did my wife.

A nice idea, but at this stage I'll be holding off.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Andrew Csirmaz
Before everybody thinks this is a Mystique Factory release, it is not. It is released by Skulkor, we are merely one of the many companies to sell it (it is also going to Murphy's Magic soon).

Andrew
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9166 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2012-10-21 03:48, David Klass wrote:
You ask them to take it off Pegasus..

If someone asked me to take mine off I'd politely say no. It's a nightmare getting on and off, potential scratches for one and I've got probably the most popular case going.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A new iPhone trick - iTWIST (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL