The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A new iPhone trick - iTWIST (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I perform iLogo nightly. All you have to do is ask them to remove the case and 95% of the time they will do it. Unless its an otter box. That thing is a pain in the ass to remove as I have one, but one night a guy with one had no problem in removing it for me as he wanted to see what I would do with it. Also be polite and respectful when you ask them. Manners go a loooong way!
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I do iLogo in every gig. There's this thing call ghost armor that I found many people are using. Which is a type of iPhone protective wrap that's transparent. Those are the phones I usually go for other than using my own. It's extremely popular in my area. Or a lot of time you'll be able to tell whether a case can be easily taken off. Ask spectator to remove the case with respect alway works for me. And people love magical things done with their phone!
Lewis Woolcock
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Lewis Woolcock
This is honestly horrible, and looks like it's taken them no time to design the gimmick, as you can clearly see that the gimmick looks nothing like the back of the iPhone, especially with regards to the flash and the camera. Shame really, as this could've been a really good effect. Plus it's just a tad too expensive for what you're getting.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Not sure what America you live in but having a iPhone all about status specially having the newest one. Also Android phones currently out cell iphones... just my 2 cents.

Quote:
On 2012-10-20 18:26, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-20 18:03, Nikki78 wrote:
What's with all these IPhone tricks today? Am I the only human being (and also all my friends) without a freaking iPhone???
Magic creators should support more devices than just one stupid phone (or should I call it status symbol)?

How happy were the days without smart phones and social platforms...the days with real friends and not just lame people on a friend list.

Don't get me wrong I'm very open to new effects. I really like Cell by David Stone but I don't get this iPhone hype...

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Nikki

I don't know about in Germany, but in America it's not a status symbol. It's simply the most popular type of cell phone, so it makes sense to tailor effects to a device that millions of people carry with them all the time.

David Stone's Cell is sadly at least 5 years out of date with where technology is today.

I don't believe we've seen a REALLY great iphone trick yet. We seem to still be in the beginning stages of coming up with ideas (Palming in and out iphone-sized objects to place on a person's phone is going to look awfully primitive as a method in a few years, I suspect). But it's definitely something I hope people still keep working on because magic with borrowed objects is awesome and I'm glad to have something other than money to borrow and perform effects with.
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
With just a snap, incredibly, I now have
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
Very much like Paul Harris's "Skrewed Deck", that's for sure. I agree with others who've said it before, the gimmick itself doesn't look great- weird plasticy look with a bad "camera" that makes it blatantly obvious that it's not the same phone.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2012-10-22 14:02, MichalMystic wrote:
Not sure what America you live in but having a iPhone all about status specially having the newest one. Also Android phones currently out cell iphones... just my 2 cents.

Quote:
On 2012-10-20 18:26, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-20 18:03, Nikki78 wrote:
What's with all these IPhone tricks today? Am I the only human being (and also all my friends) without a freaking iPhone???
Magic creators should support more devices than just one stupid phone (or should I call it status symbol)?

How happy were the days without smart phones and social platforms...the days with real friends and not just lame people on a friend list.

Don't get me wrong I'm very open to new effects. I really like Cell by David Stone but I don't get this iPhone hype...

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Nikki

I don't know about in Germany, but in America it's not a status symbol. It's simply the most popular type of cell phone, so it makes sense to tailor effects to a device that millions of people carry with them all the time.

David Stone's Cell is sadly at least 5 years out of date with where technology is today.

I don't believe we've seen a REALLY great iphone trick yet. We seem to still be in the beginning stages of coming up with ideas (Palming in and out iphone-sized objects to place on a person's phone is going to look awfully primitive as a method in a few years, I suspect). But it's definitely something I hope people still keep working on because magic with borrowed objects is awesome and I'm glad to have something other than money to borrow and perform effects with.

Maybe with the people you hang out with it's a status symbol. With the people I hang out with it's just a phone.

And Android isn't a type of phone, it's an operating system.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2012-10-22 18:09, Joe Roberts wrote:

Maybe with the people you hang out with it's a status symbol. With the people I hang out with it's just a phone.

I LOL at your passive-aggressive pretentiousness.

You definitely have an iphone.

DD
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2012-10-22 18:28, Don Dasher wrote:
Quote:

DD

And I LOL at the idea that me saying "This isn't a status symbol because it's the most common [anything] in the country," can be construed as "pretentiousness." Either you don't know the definition of pretension or you think a Ford Taurus is recklessly extravagant.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Don Dasher,
You really have no idea what you are talking about. "passive-aggressive pretentiousness"?
LOL! Buy magic Don, not a thesaurus. It's Doctor Don Dasher!
James

Quote:
On 2012-10-22 18:28, Don Dasher wrote:
Quote:

DD
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Xiqual, I started choking from laughing. You got me again!

Le Zombie
Onewonder
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Onewonder
Doesn't anyone notice that the camera lens on the gimmick is different than the actual Iphone one?
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1058 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2012-10-21 10:20, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-21 03:48, David Klass wrote:
You ask them to take it off Pegasus..

If someone asked me to take mine off I'd politely say no. It's a nightmare getting on and off, potential scratches for one and I've got probably the most popular case going.

While I like the iPhone apps

This is always the problem borrowing an iPhone

Most people have a cover for the phone

and the shelf life for this type of effect is very
short as apple brings out a new version every year

A great trick to do if you are on TV

I saw Dynamo last week at a corporate function
and he did not use this in his set
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
The most popular trick done in NYC subways is called "Iphone gone - for good"
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On 2012-12-17 09:11, MuscleMagic wrote:
The most popular trick done in NYC subways is called "Iphone gone - for good"

Hilarious!!! Smile
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A new iPhone trick - iTWIST (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL