The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Johnson Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leigh
View Profile
New user
Ex-Blighty, now Canada
78 Posts

Profile of Leigh
I read somewhere that Johnson will be bringing out a chop cup that match their cups and balls range. Does anyone have anymore information about this? Also, apparently they are bringing out a gimmicked brass wand that matches. Does anyone know when these products may be out?
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
No.

I do not know whether you are looking for JOHNSON props' or only for a combo of cups and balls and chop cups.

In that latter case, those combinations already exist (I own one myself).

But I feel you already know it (as I have read, and you are experienced enough!!!), so why are you looking for that very props?

Cheers

Stefano Mambretti
Leigh
View Profile
New user
Ex-Blighty, now Canada
78 Posts

Profile of Leigh
I was thinking about getting a set of Johnson cups for the quality but didn't want to get a set and then discover that next week a combo set is brought out. I already own a Morrissey combo set but would now like to "move up"
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Check out http://www.daytonamagic.com
for cups and balls/chop cup combos.
I bought a few sets (I do a five cup routine) from them and have been quite happy with the quality of both the store and the products.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Five cups routine???

It really sounds nice and interesting to me!!!

I do not want to go into your secrects, but I am very interested in it. Do you have your own routine? In case, did you published? If not, is it already in print, and you can suggest anything to read?

There are pictures of Bartolomeo Bosco performing a five cups routine, and tales say two of them were gaffed (I said tales because the actual Bosco's routine is belived to be unknown, even if sometime I came across the "original" one).

Wwwwooooooooowwwwwwwww!!! I like it. Completely against any theory of "modern" magic!!! I REALLY like it!!!

Cheers
Stefano Mambretti
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
My routine use 2 chop cups. I start with 3 cups across with 2 on top.

.X X
.X X X

The features of the chops are only for the first finale when I set them aside and pretend to prepare to start a 3 cup routine only I can't find the ball. After looking under the table and everywhere comically imaginable. I look under the first chop,
"No, not there", Other cup, "not there either" I continue looking until I finally say. "Did I look under here? Well, it won't hurt to look again. Would you check for me?"

After the audience member finds the ball under either cup, I start a standard routine. Elevator move and it's now under the other cup we checked a moment before. I put the chops away and start a standard 3 cup routine without the chops. The workings are simple and anyone familiar with the chop cup should be able to figure it out from the description. Feel free to use it if you like.

It's a little bit of misdirection and one of the few ways I've found to get the audience really involved in a cups and balls routine.
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Thanks RiffClown!!!

You gave me an idea to work with!!! I could start with 5 cups and simplify down to 3 to only one cup. Or vice versa. Mmmmm....but I might get a too long routine...

I will think about it!!! Thanks again!!!

Stefano

Stefano Mambretti
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Glad to be of help. The initial stack makes a pretty visual as well. Use it as you wish.

Salute'
CIAO!
:nose:
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Bosco’s five cup routine is disused in Stanyon's Magic.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
COINAMGIC
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of COINAMGIC
but the bad news is the Johnson Cups and Balls are really expensive
coins n' card there all good
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
935 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Rob,

I have to say that I hope to see you perform this five-cup routine someday--sounds like you are your own artisan, and I like that.

--Ron
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Quote:
On 2002-05-16 07:04, Leigh wrote:
I read somewhere that Johnson will be bringing out a chop cup that match their cups and balls range. Does anyone have anymore information about this? Also, apparently they are bringing out a gimmicked brass wand that matches. Does anyone know when these products may be out?

Leigh, The Johnson chop cups are out! There are several currently up for auction on Ebay. Some lucky devil just got a regular set of the three Johnson cups plus one of the chop cups for $189. I don't know what the retail is going to be on these. Two different people are making multiple listings on Ebay. One is using a opening bid of $50 and the other is starting his at $75.

Just got an e-mail from Denny & Lee's. They have the Johnson chop cup for $75. Smile
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Starting at $75...nice guy. I hate it when people "START" auctions on items at their retail value.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Johnson Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL