The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Is there a Portable Silent Electric Balloon Pump? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I'm looking for a small portable silent electric battery powered balloon pump. Most of the units I know of are quite noisy. I plan to use it for a comedy magic effect to inflate a Love Doll. Thanks!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
David Brenion
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of David Brenion
An inflatable doll has a very large volume (I am assuming it is life size). To inflate something that big you need a pump with low pressure but high volume. Unfortunately, high volume means...high volume. Pardon the joke...Your best bet would then be compressed air. Of course, that means carrying a small tank around with you to every show, but if the trick is worth it....good luck!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Thank you David Brenion. I will try a 12V electric motor used in car air horns first and see if that works.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
AndyComic
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of AndyComic
Hi Lou,
I made this vid 2 years ago for a friend who had the same question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1nI9dYmKLc , it compares the sound and speed of a normal 12v air compressor and an airhorn pump.

Andy
mfields
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of mfields
Hi Andy, That video is private. Pitty its exactly what I have spent hours trying to find. Any chance of making it public again?
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
My wife blows up the balloons for me. She is portable, but not very silent!!!! lol
mfields
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of mfields
Hi have made a great rig using car air horn pump. Its rather loud though. Hardly silent. I have mine on a wooden rig with and a 12v gel cell battery inside a heavy bag that a power tool came in. It has an openable zipper on top which works nicely to let heat out. Seems to perform well at the several events I have used it at. I still hand pump for a small group, but for line work, this a great.
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
You can get a pancake compressor has has a 3 gallon air tank for about $50.00 but it weighs about 20 lbs. It's been a long time time since my fraternity days but I think a love doll takes less than 3 gals. of air. Totally silent except for the sound of air. Let the compressor run to recharge the tank after the show.
Just a thought.

DAT
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Is there a Portable Silent Electric Balloon Pump? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL