The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » NGF thread in Schoolcraft, Lassen or Tango Gravity Flipper? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I recently purchased a Triception set from Mark Mason, and love the no rubber band feature of the Gravity Flipper. When practicing again with my Schoolcraft flipper tonight, the rubber band broke. I will be able to repair it, but wondered if anyone has tried using the NGF thread that came with the Triception set with a different make Gravity Flipper? I would rather not do this repair twice if someone else has already tried it unsuccessfully. Thank you in advance for your replies.
I apologize if this topic has already been addressed, but I was unable to find it in a search.

John
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I haven't tried that jonny, but this is the kind of thing that made me stop using flippers in performances altogether. It's not always the band either. I just had the insert on a brand new gravity flipper come loose and pop out the first time I opened it today! I stick with shells and C/S gaffs now.

Jim
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Thanks, Jim.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I have tried it and I don't recommend it. The design of the NGF allows the knot to be "secured". If you have the Triception set, you know what I mean. With a Schoolcraft or Lassen, the knot doesn't easily fit in the same place and it's hard as h*#l to tie.

Regards,

Alan
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Thank you, Alan, I know what you mean, and that sounds like excellent advice from someone who tried it. I'll stick with the rubber bands, then.

John
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks Alan. Now at least I know not to try.

Thanks again!

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » NGF thread in Schoolcraft, Lassen or Tango Gravity Flipper? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL