The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New rubik cube magic trick - RUBIK'S NIGHTMARE by Michael Lam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
Watch the video to believe it:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=49991

I have three or four rubik cube magic tricks but that one looks amazing!
WALTHER
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Garrett Thomas will be looking on with envy!
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8994 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The first phase is very simple to do. You just need 2 small normal cubes and one large normal one. The last phase, which I believe should not be executed, because it screams trick cube IMO.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3496 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I've been doing this for a few years now. It was one of Luke Jermays published routines without the kicker ending. However it looks like he has made a gimmick cube. Jermays version doesn't require a gimmick cube
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
. I think I've seen Keith Barry do something very similar.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3496 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Yes, there are better routines than this already available however I am interested in what he has come up with regarding the mechanics of the cube. Other than that it looks inferior to what's already out there.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I saw their news letter. This routine uses a NORMAL rubik's cube. The instant restore uses NO GIMMICK! Very excited about this one!
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Its really obvious how the instant restore works if you know about rubiks cubes. I think that part is extremely clever for sure.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Agree and disagree. I think the change is very clever. But beside that, the point is how to get there.

Just my two cents.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I agree, but knowing these types of video where it is cut multiple times, its probably just a simple sw****.

Anyone know what Luke Jermay book this is in? I own practically all of them but have never come across this. Or maybe I purposefully skipped it when I saw someonthing about a rubiks cube XP
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12232 Posts

Profile of John C
How difficult is this? Slight of hand?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I used a gimmicked one for years, forget the name. Hope its not a s***** with Lukes'.

I remember the Keith Barry special. Great to be behind a bar for that one. Smile

The AD at the top says Gimmick and DVD. Below the AD says "gimmickless." Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-23 15:51, pegasus wrote:
The first phase is very simple to do. You just need 2 small normal cubes and one large normal one. The last phase, which I believe should not be executed, because it screams trick cube IMO.

I agree about the last phase. That turned it into a magic trick, which dilutes the miracle that proceeded it.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-10-23 22:09, MagicMaddy wrote:

Anyone know what Luke Jermay book this is in? I own practically all of them but have never come across this. Or maybe I purposefully skipped it when I saw someonthing about a rubiks cube XP

http://www.lybrary.com/rubix-square-p-11......74d7b5dc

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
OOPS, meant "preceded". lol
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3496 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Sorry, but unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) this is just an inferior rehash of a much superior and entertaining routine already published. I really see it as a step backwards to what is available if this style of routine interest you. Ustaad once again has helped out with the link, although I've always appreciated that this has gone under the radar. Its anything but new, more like a minute variation on other routines.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2575 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
When the rubik cube changed all one color on the sides, before it happen the Video cut away. I whould think he switched it out for ther gimmick one. I will stay away from this myself. The one I have allready hits hard.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12232 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2012-10-24 01:00, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

Smile

Do you have this Ustaad? Slight of hand? Switching cubes?

Easy? Medium? Beyond my ability?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Quote:
On 2012-10-24 09:18, John C wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-24 01:00, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

Interesting Rubik's Cube twist by Lam. I'm know as the Rubik's Cube magician because of my Rubik's Cube Manipulation Act. However, I do perform a few stand-up talking cube effects. I enjoyed watching the video but it lacks the full routine because of edit breaks and switches Smile

Smile

Do you have this Ustaad? Slight of hand? Switching cubes?

Easy? Medium? Beyond my ability?
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2459 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Also interested in how difficult this is and if there is memory work involved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New rubik cube magic trick - RUBIK'S NIGHTMARE by Michael Lam (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL