The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » My review of a SAD night in Hamburg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 04:40, looch wrote:
Hi guys
Thanks so much for your positive praise for these notes. I am going to be lecturing on some of the effects and theory in these notesmfor Penguin Live next Sunday (17th Feb) if you have something you would like me to touch on during the lecture from this release please let me know ASAP!

Looch in the notes you say how your opening effect "nerds to set the context"

Could you please expand:

1) what do you mean by context
2) how does the context inform the rest of your set
3) how do "set" a context?
4) what things would stop this happening successfully?
5) if this is similar to setting a "frame" do you have any tips for getting a spectator to buy into your frame? Techniques... DB in AM talks about not stating things directly or they will be questioned etc

Thanks
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Brilliant! Thanks I will try and incorporate this into the lecture
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Influence...........? Smile

Kieran
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Some of the best material I have read in a looooong time. The routines are solid workers (what else do you expect from a guy who earn his wage from these routines). But the real value for me were in the bits inbetween. The proper usage of business cards in your set and a myriad of other tips and advice, all from a guy who has honed his skill set over many years. Looch this is one of the best 'investments' I have made since finding out about Prystic...

A million thanks
Chris
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Can you please also clarify some aspects of SAD by way of a contrasted example:

Take... I dunno.... A standard multiphase chair prediction.... Does the fact that its got a few steps that a spec needs to remember until the payoff mean its no longer SAD? If so why/why not ? Could a routine like this be stripped back to become SAD? Is there a process? Where do you start?
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
There's a reason I'm posting this here... in Mentally Speaking rather than on the Looch Penguin thread in Latest and Greatest...

But instead of purchasing a new download this past weekend I re-watched several that I already bought and I was struck...

Looch's lecture was great.

It wasn't the lecture that excited me most on first viewing-- and I feel that this is ***ing it with faint praise but my intention is the opposite-- but it's filled with WORKERS!

And my favourite thing on reviewing-- I didn't even remember from watching it the first time!

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Thanks Dave, much appreciated coming from you! I enjoyed lecturing last night in Sheffield and covered quite a lot of the Hamburg material. The response from those in attendance was very encouraging, I think its an ideal lecture for those wanting to get into mentalism and for those who want to expand their knowledge and understanding on Walk Around performance.
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Was talking to Pete Turner this morning, he was saying how good your lecture last night was!
If you are ever gonna do a lecture down here in London let me know! Smile

Kieran
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
The other thing I'll add, is that I really enjoy watching an effect and method evolve over time.
I still remember reading Nod to Pocket Watch in SAD... watching it in YTRM... and seeing what it's become in the lecture.

great stuff

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Hey I got a nod. Never read these notes. Never heard of this. Just stumbled across this on the Café. Any good?
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I'd recommend all of Looch's material.

Best,

Atlas
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
By the way, I have heard of this and I know I got a nod. But I typed that last post when I was rather inebriated!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Too late! I believe the Bevbevvybev from August 2nd!!

:)

Best,

Atlas
Bijan
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
45 Posts

Profile of Bijan
I red SAD and 4.8 after I saw his lecture on penguinmagic.
I'm very interesting in mentalism for about 6 months now an I love doing it. I tried some stuff from his lecture and it worked great.

After this I bought his books and at first I was a bit disappointed that it was nearly the same stuff as in the lecture. But as I red all the things and especially his was wonderful.
There were so many things I learned from him beside the methods.

In my opinion it is absolutely worth and I would suggest to get it with the penguin lecture.
Because both are very good, but together they are really really GREAT!!!

Thanks Looch for sharing. Smile
stevie1
View Profile
Regular user
perth,australia
180 Posts

Profile of stevie1
Ditto Bijan...Loochy boy shares some terrific stuff huh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » My review of a SAD night in Hamburg (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL