The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Zen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Iain. You know I told you not to say!!!

The reality is that, brace yourself, I can't really read minds. BUT this routine is one of the closest I've come up with to making it look like the real thing.

It's simple, it's direct and it works.

For a real world performer, you're going to use this. And I think you'll use it a LOT.

X
Epiphanies by C. - Now available - http://colincloud.com/colleagues/
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Like Looch, I'm also on a beach. Majorca actually.
uncannily I seem to have caught that same cough Looch has. Smile

Seriously
Hope to have the funds for this very soon

Steve
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Lived in Mallorca for a couple of years.. Son Ferrer inbetween Santa Ponsa & Palmanova. Currently I'm not on a beach. I'm sat in England enjoying a balmy 3c

Anyway getting things back on track, after watching OM set I know you bring practical gifts to the table. This does sounds interesting. What I'd like to know is what working environment is this best suited, as some methods are sold a suitable from stage to close up, when in reality this is not a practice fit, without some unwelcome compromise. So Colin please can you clarify, as I do not perform on stage, just walk around. Is this offering practical for me?

Chris
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1214 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Is the card examinable before and after the routine colin?

Kieran
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Chris, genuinely both. I use it with small groups and on stage in front of hundreds of people.

X
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Small groups being what (minimum size?) is this one on one or even good for just two spectators? Just wanna be sure I know any potential limitations. Finally is DR employed? At €100 a pop just wanna get a feel for what I'm buying. Do PM if needed.

Thanks
Chris
T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
Do you have to make a pact with the Devil? something sounding this dramatic may need drastic action. Wish I could afford it but I'm sure it is worth it to a pro or semi pro.
tjd
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
I use it one on one with skeptical people and on stage.

I've said a few times there is no dual reality and its sure fire.

... That's either what you're looking for or not. If not, then that's totally fine!! But this is from my real world working reportoire, which is really only 10 effects. Zen and This Way Up being two of them.

Hope that helps!! Not trying to hype this up too much. You're either gonna love it and use it loads, or not. You will need to spend time customising it to your needs, but once your decided how you're going to use it and you've practice your chosen approach (I offer a few) you're practically set for life!

X
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Quote:
On 2012-10-27 08:58, Colin wrote:
...You will need to spend time customising it to your needs...
X

The presentation or the method/physical item in play?
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Everything. It all just takes a little bit of work to decide exactly how you want to use it.

But as you'll see from the presentation, everything is completely justified. Nothing is hidden from the spectators making it a very fair routine.

Col
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Ps: it's £60 in the UK and Europe. I cover all p&p.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3309 Posts

Profile of takeachance
"First of all, what is it?! I have someone think of a word, name, place, movie, password ... And I reveal it. They don't choose it from a list, it's a private thought which they choose. And at no point is it written down, whispered to anyone, or drawn in the air"

This was your original description. but it now seems there is something to be constructed but in plain view
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Quote:
On 2012-10-27 08:58, Colin wrote:
... That's either what you're looking for or not. If not, then that's totally fine!! ...

Not fine for the person who pays $100 to find out it's not what they are looking for. Zen is still described too obscurely for me to consider purchasing. Sorry.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11693 Posts

Profile of John C
Seems like everyone is trying to figure out whether or not this is "real" mind reading or not.

Comon get real, you know there has to be a "something" the question is: are you willing to pay $100 to find out what it is?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Magicus, totally understand and a very sensible position!!

Zen is purposely vague as it is something quite simple. If I'm any more specific I'd be explaining exactly what it is. I'm affraid I can't do that.

If you know me, my work and my standard, then you'll know it's worth taking the risk on this- especially for something you can use in the real world any time and in any situation.

If you don't want to take the risk, then like Magicus has said, don't buy it! That's totally fine. Much appreciated matey.

Col
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Quote:
On 2012-10-27 17:50, John C wrote:
The question is: are you willing to pay $100 to find out what it is?

Paul Brook's testimonial - "Colin has taken a principle we all know..." ... $100 to find out something I may already know?
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Sorry Colin. You responded and I didn't see the response before I posted my follow-up.

I respect your work. You are a great thinker.

I understand you can't reveal more. Just realize that $100 is a big gamble just to pay for something many of us may already know about in some form or another (but not in the way you use it).
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Agreed!

I would genuinely recommend you only buy this is you perform a lot and can justify what I consider to be a small cost for what you're buying, compared to how often you'll use it.

Thanks to everyone who has pre-ordered and I will have a few copies in Vegas too.

X
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3309 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On 2012-10-27 17:50, John C wrote:
Seems like everyone is trying to figure out whether or not this is "real" mind reading or not.

Comon get real, you know there has to be a "something" the question is: are you willing to pay $100 to find out what it is?

My point exactly John, I'm certainly not trying to figure out whether this is "real" mind reading or not. It's more showing respect for the persons here that they do know a little more. Just trying to get real with the advertising and away from the back page of comic book advert hype. From Colin's last replies it is now being more straight forward and people can make a informed decision on whether this is for them or not. It avoids a lot of disappointment.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
My order is in.
It's Colin Mcleod telling you this is one of the most direct pieces he has ever created, I really don't need more information.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Zen (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL