The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Gazzos Tossed out deck. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mbl16
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of mbl16
Is it worth getting..? Ive read many reviews and the price seems a little steep. I don't went to spend the money to find out its not great
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
I'm curious to hear a review as well... I read Gazzo claimed this is the best trick he does
slyrich
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of slyrich
Gazzo's DVD is highly highly recommended! With the deck you get a DVD lasting close to three hours, in which an hour is Gazzo performing this in various venues. The live footage is well shot, and gives you a couple of different presentational ideas. It's also great to see Gazzo in his element and see how he works the crowd. Yu then get nearly two hours of Gazzo teaching you all you need to know, taking his time, going into detail and giving alternate handlings. His method of teaching is clear, thorough, and there's some great insights into misdirection too which are priceless. If you perform for large groups, I think it's a must have. You can entertain with this one trick for twenty minutes easy, or longer, or shorter. It's so versatile. Hope that helps! I ordered mine direct from Gazzo and the service was first class.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The deck is nice and the routine is a thing of beauty. Most of what you're buying is a well thought-out routine, refined through many performances. It's definitely worth the price.
slyrich
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of slyrich
Spot on alan...not to mention gazzo's impromptu take on the effect too, which I've seen him use on the street while building his crowd. the dvd is definitely one of my best buys in a while!
Card Detective
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Card Detective
Real good value. I second the above recomendations. The question is do you think it will fit your performing environment.
Fluent Spanish speaker, if I can help anyone, let me know.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-26 21:47, mbl16 wrote:
Is it worth getting..? Ive read many reviews and the price seems a little steep. I don't went to spend the money to find out its not great

Depends on what you need it for. If you do shows, then it's a showpiece ( it's David Hoy's trick, with some Gazzo touches ). If you're a hobbyist and perform just for fun, it might not even be usable ( you need a crowd ).
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
The tossed-out deck effect is only as strong as the Performer who performs it.

If you:

A. Have an audience that's large enough (more than a few people.....you need a BUNCH of people to do this)
B. A personality that commands an audience's attention.
C. Use this as an OPENER, and, most importantly....
D. Sell it and point it......

You will have an absolute MASTERPIECE on your hands that will DESTROY people.
Magic Dean
View Profile
New user
East Sussex, England
11 Posts

Profile of Magic Dean
Highly reccomended. The man is class and teaches everything excellently. Use this during every show I do and gets fantastic reactions every time with his handling.
That's not your card? What do you mean it's not your card...? Well that's your own fault for forgetting it was your card.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I would also recommend reading David Hoy's original version to have some perspective on this trick.

Speaking of perspective, If I could only do ONE trick onstage for a relatively larger audience...or on Television, with a large-ish studio audience and multi-cameras.....

For right now........This would be the trick!!!

(This may change after I finish digesting Max Krause's "Supreme Serial Killer")
Magic Dean
View Profile
New user
East Sussex, England
11 Posts

Profile of Magic Dean
Quote:
On 2012-12-27 13:03, Rainboguy wrote:
I would also recommend reading David Hoy's original version to have some perspective on this trick.

Speaking of perspective, If I could only do ONE trick onstage for a relatively larger audience...or on Television, with a large-ish studio audience and multi-cameras.....

For right now........This would be the trick!!!

(This may change after I finish digesting Max Krause's "Supreme Serial Killer")

Ditto on that. I also used David Hoy's original concept to develop many stage routines that used the Tossed out principle but didn't use cards.
That's not your card? What do you mean it's not your card...? Well that's your own fault for forgetting it was your card.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Um....

I just realized that my post above may not make sense (the part about a Television Performance with multi-cameras) to those who are familiar with this trick, especially David Hoy's version...so maybe I should elaborate.

The multi-camera Television studio setup would not show 3 different cards from "behind spectator shots", but rather the first shot (establishing shot) could show the actual card the spectator selected, then the next two shots would be from the front as the two other spectators each select their cards.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Agree with the above comments, It is a great trick in the right environment, otherwise it just wouldn't work. But that is true with the majority of tricks.
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Greta trick if you have the strong character needed to perform it correctly. Your scripting and audience control needs to be spot on, but if you get it right it is a very good effect. I have done it for a number of years but recently changed the routining after seeing Sean Taylor's handling called " Anchors Ahoy ". It allows, amongst other things, the deck to be shuffled and inspected by a spectator first. Very strong stuff.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
If the tossed out deck is better than his Cups and Balls- I'm in.
Gazzo is such a master at controlling a crowd. Love watching him perform.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Saw Gaz do it and immediately bought it. His routine rocks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
BRMagic
View Profile
New user
NYC
40 Posts

Profile of BRMagic
Gazzo is definitely awesome. I love this effect
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
I love this effect! Definitely buy!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2013-02-24 22:55, jcrabtree2007 wrote:
If the tossed out deck is better than his Cups and Balls- I'm in.
Gazzo is such a master at controlling a crowd. Love watching him perform.

I liked it better than his C&B routine.
shooz
View Profile
Loyal user
Mercer, PA
269 Posts

Profile of shooz
Harry Anderson put out a small phamplet (something with "monkey's" in the title) way back. His then wife, Leslie, had a wonderful Tossed Out Deck routine with some very neat touches.
I think I might dig that version out and start doing it.... way cool!

Shooz
With you in thought(s)

Scott Shoemaker... Shooz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Gazzos Tossed out deck. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL