We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Visual coins across? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Hi all,

One of the most visual coins across I've seen is Homer Liwag's CoinOne. However do you know of a version that is equally visual, but uses a f-per instead of a ]? Much appreciated.

Best,
Ken
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of baobow
Eric jones impossible coins across is an amazing version
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5065 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
On extention of me dvd set - not metal series, correct?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of baobow
Yeap its on extensions of me disk 3
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Thanks a lot. Is that the only one out there?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Might be. Flipper is not really the best gaff for 3-Fly.

Jim
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of baobow
Check out dan watkins dvd coin man walking for a great routine,
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6750 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Question, guys:

What is a flipper good for? An expanded [ could do the same thing, right? You're not handing it out, and the [ could be palmed off if you did. I have seen flippers of every make. I never bought one, because I have expanded ['s in quarter, half, and Ike Dollar sizes. How could a flipper help me?

Doug
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Hi Doug.

There's OxyClean by Eric Jones, and you can do a nice Coin Through Glass Table with a flipper. Several others I'm sure people will chime in with. However like you, I tend to use shells, C/S, and CSB sets mostly when I use gaffed coins.

Jim
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8794 Posts

Profile of funsway
I'm expected to ring the gong for the TUC, I guess. Read all the related posts and decide for yourself -- remembering that the Coins Across effects described on the DVD is only scratching the surface. I champion this gaff because my crippled fingers cannot handle a flipper and other gaffs.

but, I "know how" to do visual Coins Across with many gaffs and "no gaffs." Please be more specific as to the setting and audience for which you wish to be more visual -- and what you mean by your question. All such effects are visual -- though I do one that relies on sound for the astonishment.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5065 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You could check out a Fl%^^&r specific dvd like http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10170 http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10865 or books http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/c......-surf-2/ http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13019

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
I love parts of Eric Jones impossible coins across and parts of Dan Watkins Coin Man Walking routine.

I think a flipper is best when looking for a very visual disappears in thin air look. Also ok when transporting three coins as one as in OxyClean.
Philip Busk
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Impossible coins across does some things with a flipper that cannot be done with a shell, very visual.

this is not really a coins across routine however, because it mainly happens in the spectators hands.
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of baobow
Quote:
On 2012-10-28 18:40, Dougini wrote:
Question, guys:

What is a flipper good for? An expanded [ could do the same thing, right? You're not handing it out, and the [ could be palmed off if you did. I have seen flippers of every make. I never bought one, because I have expanded ['s in quarter, half, and Ike Dollar sizes. How could a flipper help me?

Doug

Hi Doug,

One advantage a flipper would have over a [ is that when the gaff is closed it can be handled very freely. It could be tossed in the air, coin rolled down the fingers, even handed to the spectator for a 'quick' look.
The one big disadvantage is the potential of the band that holds the gimmick together breaking in mid performance as well as it sometimes being a minor pain to repair it when the band does break. Bob Swadling/Mark Mason's new take on the flipper design removes the necessity of the rubberband and I think goes along way in progressing its use with 'standard' flipper routines. In saying that, the downside with new design is that you wouldn't be able to perform either Dan Watkins or Eric Jones' coins across routine as you wouldn't really get away with placing the gimmick (to show two coins) on the spectators palm or fingers which the two routines above require. Eric has clearly advised me this personally in a workshop I attended with him earlier in the year for his routine.

Personally, without comparing to the T.U.C or exp [, I think the flipper is an ingenious gaff which I have about 5-6 of them in various different coins ( I have lived in 3 different countries recent times).
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of kenedho
First off, thanks a lot so far to so many suggestions of materials I can look into. Thank you everyone of you who contributed.

In response to Doug, I was genuinely just going to say almost exactly what baobow has mentioned haha. But I could be wrong, because I have never owned a f-per and I have only been practising my f-per required routines with an imaginary f-per. If that makes sense to you guys.

Kened
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you baobow, and everyone! I guess I'll get one. Now, which one to get...hmmmm. I got some research to do! Smile

Doug
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5065 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Doug, since I know you are as broke as most of us I would suggest either http://www.jbtvusa.com/latest-j-b-produc......-631.php TOP QUALITY if you use kennedy halves - I have the walker and just ordered a Morgan. or check out Todd Lassens new line of clad gaffs

Smile Smile
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of baobow
Doug, I would suggest you get some flipper material first then make up your mind if it is a gaff that you will utilise regularly.

Get your hands on any of these:-

Extensions of Me - Eric Jones 3 dvd set, there is a ton of other usual coin and card material here that is pure eye candy. So if the flipper work here doesn't interest you then there is other material that you will get your money's worth. (dvd set also comes with a nice karate coin gimmick so you can't lose). Coin on body is a great effect also talk. His OXF routine is amazing.

Coin Man Walking - Dan Watkins - many technically difficult routines but he offers a wide variety of routines, i.e. copper/silver/ brass, spellbound, coins across, 3 coin production and vanish. Also a demo of his unpublished cylinder and coin routine is worth the price of the dvd just to want it in action. Very clean and will fool you. From memory Dan has only one routine here that uses a flipper

Flipped Out - Craig Perry - An entire two hour plus dvd devoted to routines utilising the gimmick.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you! Gravity/nongravity? Does it make any difference? I like Swadling's. Thank you again! Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
A Visual Coins Across! Sure Stop me when you see one you like! Smile But really I would Have to look back Trou all my Books And make a list! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Visual coins across? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL