The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matthew Wright's amazing new wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15 [Next]
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
On the curling issue can matthew confirm whether it is a generic problem or have I just been unlucky?
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 18:26, zactudor wrote:
On the curling issue can matthew confirm whether it is a generic problem or have I just been unlucky?

I am yet to work mine for peak routines, only card to wallet but my peak section is noticeably curling open at the upper and lower edges. Not drastically, but I wouldn't do a peak effect until I had it addressed as in close up I am sure it would be noticed and questioned. I think a full length ma*****c strip would have been better and done just the job.

Still lovin the wallet on the whole though!! Smile

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 18:26, zactudor wrote:

Mine has curled a bit, I bodged it with some wax.
I love sponges
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Double A
That is my concern as well It brings heat to the exact area you don't want it. Wax is not strong enough for the curl mine is showing at top and bottom. Does anyone know where self adhesive thin magnetic strip can be bought online?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Guys mine curls too and pm and ill send ya a picture or text me via contact on pm. And believe me I am not a peek kinda guy. This wallet has made me a lot more comfortable doing peeks. As for the area that you don't want being burned. Fellas its not in the spectators mind its just a wallet. Just do it an watch. This Is one of those things that really only effect us cause of who we are. Did this last night to a magi buddy and it floored him. One on one setting.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thin 6mm strip of magnetic vinyl around the edges, same as SAW. It then closes seamlessly,

best
Sean
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Pic me please
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2013-06-23 02:38, Sean Giles wrote:
Thin 6mm strip of magnetic vinyl around the edges, same as SAW. It then closes seamlessly,

best
Sean

Would love to see a picture if possible
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:

best
Sean

GOOD guy Sean Giles, helping fellow Magicians!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-06-23 08:22, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

best
Sean

GOOD guy Sean Giles, helping fellow Magicians!

:) I had the same issue on my wallet. I only put the strips of magnetic vinyl along the top edges, that way it still opens easily. Nice wallet.
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Sounds good. Thanks Sean. Any idea where I can get a small amount rather than a massive roll?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Search eBay for magnetic vinyl. Get adhesive backed. It's cheap.
dedikc
View Profile
Loyal user
France (Lyon)
259 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Calix & Chakkan, the french Magic Magazine called : the Magigazine; just review some products.
Here you can find:
- Coinvexed 3 par David Penn
- Electric Touch + par Yigal Mesika
- Fourseen Wallet par Matthew Wright
- Anthologie de Luke Jermay (a book with lot of Jermay Stuff... translate in french)

If you don't speak french, don't worry, we just subtitles this episod.
Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00z5gD2PlWE
Calix: french Lyon magician
https://www.facebook.com/calix.magicien.lyon
http://www.evenementmagique.fr
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Tannens has the Fourseen wallet on sale for $90 right now. I just picked one up! Of you have been on the fence about this now is a great time to buy it.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

Now that I have received my wallet and I have put all of my things in it, which amount to 5 credit cards, my license and some business cards in the Mullica, some cash in the right place, and the Mullica back in the wallet and it won't close fully and I am having the aforementioned curling problem. I went on ebay last night and ordered the self adhesive magnetic strips as suggested. Does the wallet close better after it breaks in a bit?

If you used the magnetic strips can you PM me some pictures of how you installed it? I never owned a Stealth Assassin so I don't have that as a reference.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I haven't used the magnetic strips since I suck at that but I have been using it for a few months and it does flatten out a bit.. if I'm not performing I have the wallet in my back hip pocket ctw facing down to kinda spread the stretch. I'm also considering removing the gold edging on the Mullica see what that does but I enjoy the wallet. Never used a stealth so not sure. But I want a wallet that can aide in all.. and now I'm looking at getting in the mark but not sure if it will work with the fourseen.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1121 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 19:56, Magician Shaun wrote:
Tannens has the Fourseen wallet on sale for $90 right now. I just picked one up! Of you have been on the fence about this now is a great time to buy it.

Good lookin out! Will have to stop by and scoop this up. Although it sounds like a very difficult wallet to use everyday due to the size.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

OK so I fixed it. What I did is purchase the Neodymium magnets that they sell at walmart. They come in packs of 4. I put one in each corner of the peak flaps, not easy mind you, but now the curl is gone and I think better even than magnetic tape. I bought two different kinds of that at Walmart too and it didn't work very well.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

I am using it as my everyday now. It's not bad. It is slightly thicker than what I was carrying before, a non-gaffed breast pocket wallet. I am carrying this in the breast pocket too. I haven't started practicing yet but I just got the kinks worked out. I was going to order some Bonsalopes but he is out and they seem kind of pricy. I will probably make my own.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Been using mine as an everyday back pocker wallet and I love it. I would love to see the mods you made to yours however Shaun. I wanna thin it out a bit and even though about taking the Mullica out since other then hold my Business cards I havent used the Mullica insert as much as I do the other CTW slot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matthew Wright's amazing new wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL