The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Chris Angel critique? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Any thoughts on his show tonight on SciFi?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
45 minutes in and I will say this: Different with shades of someone else!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Did anyone try the touch the screen thing? Did it work?
SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
Yeah, I followed his instructions, he said to put your finger about an inch away from his, but, to my dissapointment, nothing happened. Smile

Michael
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
Too much water in the air in Florida, Michael. If you were in a drier climate, you might have gotten a nice little static electricity shock from the front of the TV screen. (Though, I think you'd need to be closer than the one inch Angel indicated...)

By the way, his name is spelled Criss.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
I think you guys missed the joke. He wanted you close to the screen, then he had a demon face that popped out screaming to startle you. Smile Smile
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
Yeah, I DID get that Bill, but I'm jaded by those Internet shockwave files. I was looking for something DEEPER... Smile (The scare WITH an electric shock could have made some folks magically produce water, tho. Smile )
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I taped his show and just watched it a little while ago. His street stuff did remind me of David Blaine a little, but I guess any magician doing that kind of magic would. He's very bizarre and theatrical, I liked his special a lot! I'm curious to see his DVD coming out early next year.

Anabelle Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2003-11-01 17:02, boblinds wrote:
Yeah, I DID get that Bill, but I'm jaded by those Internet shockwave files. I was looking for something DEEPER... Smile (The scare WITH an electric shock could have made some folks magically produce water, tho. Smile )

You expected him to create a shock through your TV? His name is Criss ANGEL, not Criss GOD. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The coin in arm bit got my attention. That took alot of guts, given the social issue of 'cutters'. The look of the trick was impressive. Wish they filmed things a bit more objectively. Likewise the puddle vanish was quite a sight.

About 10 min into the show I noticed a resemblence to Pauly Shore. Then I kept hearing that voice and had to keep from laughing.

Got a spider in your soda buuuudy?

The wall walking and stage goth stuff was quit good. Marilyn Manson might want to take him on tour.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I didn't care for the camera angles, they kept jumping from one angle to another. Just my opinion!
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
Quote:
On 2003-11-01 17:40, Anabelle wrote:
His street stuff did remind me of David Blaine a little, but I guess any magician doing that kind of magic would.

Anabelle Smile

I think the real street magicians of the world, myself included, would be slightly offended by that statement. Narcoleptic lethargy is not our performance style. In fact, most of the best are nowhere near it.

---Malak
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
You are an evil man dpe666. Smile

I was serious about the shock, however. With the electrons hitting the phosphors on the video screen, it is very common for a light electrostatic charge to build up. Therefore, it is pretty easy to get a light shock from a TV screen if the atmosphere is cold and dry.

When he talked about putting your finger near the screen, I automatically assumed that he was taking this into account.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Personally I like Chriss Angel's specials. I would love to see an actual stage show live. If you have seen his first special as well as this one, you would see this one was a little heavier on editing. The effects were, however, on a grander scale. On a rating of 1 to 10, I would give it a solid 8.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Magic_Mailman
View Profile
New user
Portland,Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of Magic_Mailman
I liked the parts on the special that showed his actual stage show. That has me wanting to see him if he comes to town. All in all it was entertaining to me.

Tony
Smile
owenscott
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of owenscott
I can do same as him, if I had 30 stooges and terrible camera crew. Very much not impressed.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Impressive for laypeople which is what counts. He fits the demographic he plays too which is where your focus for such shows needs to be. Well done. Do you really think he is worried about impressing or not impressing anyone in here?!?!?!?! Come on, he cares about his PUBLIC and they were and are suitably impressed. The other difference between him and everyone else is that HE was the one with the second television special under his belt, not you or them.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
Quote:
On 2003-11-01 12:54, SOHartist wrote:
he said to put your finger about an inch away from his

Ohhh! I thought he said "pull my finger". I was about to say that he ripped off my uncle's trick. Smile

Mike
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
I am so incredibly upset. I had to do a show Halloween night so I set the VCR to record the show. Its just my dad forgot to hit play. I am desperate for a copy of the show. If anybody taped it PLEAS PM me and I will pay for shipping as well as the tape, or if you want I will mail it back when IM done. PLEAS help a brother out, I can't wait for the rerun. O, you could also help me out by letting me know when its going to be on again.
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Hey Dark, I'll do you one better:

I set the dang thing up to record and it recorded jsut fine...'cept the cable box was on MUTE. So, I've got it recorded, but with NO SOUND....

Ugh...

I second the request for a copy, if anyone recorded; I'll also pay for shipping/tape.

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Chris Angel critique? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL