The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Here we go, once again! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
There is a possibility that (thanks to the current Hurricane Sandy) that the TGN workshop will be out of commision once again. All welders, grinders, presses, any electrical item NOT bolted down has been moved to the first floor. I have battened down the rear doorway with 3/4" plywood lined with polyeutherathane foam, then sealed with clear plastic sheeting. The chickens will be moved to a temporary coop. The Neshaminy creek is low right now, filling SLOWLY, thankfully and moving at a snails pace. I am hopeful that the house won't take any water. We pulled down all the Halloween decorations, a real bummer. Arghh! I'll keep everyone posted.

TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Stay safe and dry dude.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Wish I was there to help.

Personally, If I was getting flooded every so often. I would permanently move the tools upstairs and live in the basement. The tools have to be heavier then a TV and a futon. (But that's just me... I sleep on a cement floor in my warehouse for naps after cookies and milk.)

Good luck.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Nipps sleeps on a bed of stone ..... He's rock hard ya know! Only thing is if begets wet he rusts (it's all the metal in him.

In all seriousness Nipps stay safe! And look after your tools! Oh and the family!
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I too wish I was there to help. The waiting is the worst. The chickens thank you!!! so often the animals are forgotten.
I've been watching the news reports and it's possiblilty going to be really BIG event, the effect is BIG now.

Take care and keep your head above water.

Ian
PS, what State are you in? I'd like to google earth the area.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I believe he is in the state of panic.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
State of PA... don't know where the town of Nic is. Smile

This is actually turning out to be a non-event for my area. Was told the creek will crest at 9 feet. I got water in the basement last year at 12. The creek is now 3 feet. The eye of the storm passed south of Philly, I live Northeast of the city. It broke up when it hit land and has been downgraded to a post tropical cyclone depression noreaster what-have-you.... bleh. I'm actually upset seeing how far I went to waterproof the basement... was reaaly interested in seeing how efficient the design is.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Sounds like you dodged a bullet, Good for you and the chickens. We have all day coverage of the storm on the TV. Seems wild enough to stay indoors. From the Aussie ex pats the TV hosts have spoken to, many have stocked up on beer to see them through. NY stock exchange under 3 feet water, that's weird.

Are you saying you waterproofed when you didn't have to, or didn't waterproof enough? It's 31 C (90F) here today and tomorrow, I'll gather some sunshine to help it all dry out. I bet this damage is going to cost heaps (any news on the crane? has it fallen?)
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
If you'd want Nipps we can all come over and throw buckets of water at your basement defences to see how good it was!
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
I too dodged. Had all my illusions and escapes up on blocks (a foot in the air) just in case. But all was well in Washington DC. We didn't even lose power.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Here we go, once again! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL