The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Magic worms (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
So where are we buying magic worms these days? I'm down to my last 2 doz.

Jon
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
Try this site: Click
“Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.”
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Quote:
On 2012-11-03 18:25, Frankie wrote:
Try this site: Click

This guy has been ripping off Carl off for years ny using Carl's name and other ways.He lives in the Netherlands so if you did buy from him you would have to pay shipping from the Netherlands.Besides he is a crook...DON"T BUY FROM HIM !

Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2695 Posts

Profile of sethb
It also looks like he is selling the older version of worms that Tennessee Pete used to carry -- the ones with the paper eyes. Pete's worms were very good, but Carl's worms have the moveable plastic eyes and a better gimmick, too.

Some website -- he's running Carl's promo with pictures of Pete's worms --- and selling them at only $4 a head. What a deal!! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
Oops! Didn't know that... Smile I've seen lots of 'magic worms' in local toy stores, under several different brand names.

I had one in the 70's, but here they were called 'Twisty's'. Was that an original one, or also a copy?

Oh, and is this site ok: http://www.goshmagic.com/twisty-worm-packet-of-6.html?
“Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.”
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Frankie when you are out pitching worms you don't want to pay more than $1.00 each and be able to buy them by the gross.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2695 Posts

Profile of sethb
The Gosh Magic site seems to offer the worms that Robbins was selling at one time, but I thought they were discontinuing them. This site doesn't seem to be involved with the (Al) Goshman folks, but it may be trading on their name and reputation. The sponge stuff they are offering doesn't look like Goshman product, and their prices aren't so great, even at retail.

Pete in TN was great to deal with and his worms were very good quality. Carl's stuff is also quite good, but he also deals with toy stores and other retail outlets, so servicing pitchmen seemed to be a somewhat lower priority for him. Still, there aren't that many reliable wholesalers around, so it seems like either Carl or Robbins are two of the best places to go, assuming that Robbins still carries them.

And Don is right, buy by the gross! You not only save on shipping costs, but it's also much more convenient. After all, on a good day I could easily move 100+ worms in six hours, using Pete's basic pitch and moves along with Don's added improvements and suggestions. I'm sure others may do even better, but I was quite happy to go home with that pocketful of cash!! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
GoshMagic wholesale price is $2 ea. I didn't call them but that is what it says on the site. I think I'll keep looking.

Jon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Magic worms (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL