The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » My Halloween Costume for 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Well it ain't Buzz or a Ninja Turtle, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. My thanks to both Buster Balloon and David Brenion for their ideas in creating this masterpiece.

In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Love it!
Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Sick & Twisted
Ha! I love it. I made something eerily similar a few weeks ago just for kicks. Basic Brenion mask template with some giant arms from Balloon Magic scabbed in to complete the ogre ensemble. I actually improved the nose a bit (made it more pig/monkey-like) after the photo. Yours is better (tell me you put LEDs in those agates!), but I really like max visibility when I wear this junk.

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

WOW! Very cool! Me likes very much! Smile

LEDs weren't in the photo, but I will have them inside for tomorrow evening...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
The Awesome One
View Profile
Regular user
Gold Coast, Australia
174 Posts

Profile of The Awesome One
I love these costumes, I've decided to give it a try this year. I have just purchased the David Brenion's DVD for making masks. Which is an excellent DVD and very helpful in developing cool masks. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on where can I find info on making the teeth and arms? Also what kind of LED's are you putting in the eye's?

thanks for any help.
Adam
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Awesome!
Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-10-15 02:06, The Awesome One wrote:
I love these costumes, I've decided to give it a try this year. I have just purchased the David Brenion's DVD for making masks. Which is an excellent DVD and very helpful in developing cool masks. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on where can I find info on making the teeth and arms? Also what kind of LED's are you putting in the eye's?

thanks for any help.
Adam

Christopher's head and hands come from "The Fiend" template on Buster Balloon's Frightening Fashions DVD. My mask was made with Brenion's template (hybrid of witch and devil) and the arms are a variation from a Balloon Magic Magazine Halloween-themed issue. I *think* it was from #68 if memory serves. These are the LEDs that I use (and that I believe Christopher uses): http://www.amazon.com/80-LED-Finger-Ligh......r+lights Hope that helps.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-10-15 13:31, Sick & Twisted wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-15 02:06, The Awesome One wrote:

thanks for any help.
Adam

Those are the LEDs I use, but I get mine cheaper than that...

Christopher's head and hands come from "The Fiend" template on Buster Balloon's Frightening Fashions DVD. My mask was made with Brenion's template (hybrid of witch and devil) and the arms are a variation from a Balloon Magic Magazine Halloween-themed issue. I *think* it was from #68 if memory serves. These are the LEDs that I use (and that I believe Christopher uses): http://www.amazon.com/80-LED-Finger-Ligh......r+lights Hope that helps.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
The Awesome One
View Profile
Regular user
Gold Coast, Australia
174 Posts

Profile of The Awesome One
Great, thanks for the info!
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Whoa...

Just imagine all the candy you'll get!
Life of Magic!
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
Amazingly cool. You are quite creative.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
How long did that take ? Quite the work of art .
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Not long...about 45 minutes...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Gave "The Fiend" some darker eyes, longer jaw, and horns in an attempt to make it a bit more evil. Also skipped the gloves in favor of a chainsaw. Here's the wife in the get-up.

One of these years, I want to build one of those elaborately-woven Jeff Wright balloon costumes. Really impress the neighbors.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » My Halloween Costume for 2012 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL