The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Prop Cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Derfomiundz Ivy
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Derfomiundz Ivy
I also found this company which makes clear acrylic cases, just if anyone is interested. They look cool.

http://clearpc.ca/
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
They do look cool but I don't think I'd want anybody to see inside my prop case from the outside for obvious reasons.

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
True, maybe not good for storage BUT as a prop or display piece I think they could work out nicely
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
577 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Thanks for the web site
Derfomiundz Ivy
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

It obviously shows the props, but there are many creative things that can be done with this. Mainly I work tricks that don't use gimmicks, as a personal taste I don't like gimmicks, but apart from that is also a good way to display things I'm gonna use. It also feels like with this box is like I'm not hiding anything. I don't use standard methods for most things. So I found this cool thing, if I order I will leave a review of it someday. And yes sir Richard, it might not work well for others, even for me depending of what I will perform. Thnx for everyone's points of view.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5197 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
These would be awesome for storage, but I wonder how prone they are to scratching. They look good new...but 5 years from now after sliding, stacking, putting things in, taking things out...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1303 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I just want to make a few comment on things already said. Yes we don't want people to look in and see our gaffs this is true. but we can prep our gaffs so they look ordinary. I do a single rope routine based on fibre optics. How I tie the rope up it looks like a single rope. Also I wrap my dye tube up in a silk and its ready to go. So can we get creative on this. Also a few item nicely displayed in the case would look great. Like shiney cups, a few nice patterned decks of cards and coins. Almost a museum display case. I have a few items people like to just look at and talk about. This could achieve two things. A sense of woner and ore. Secondly a transparent feel to your props (no punn meant).

Also I thought what about putting ligths in the box or even a smoke machine any way crazy creative mind in full swing. This coming from a man that just works out of his pockets.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Derfomiundz Ivy
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Thnx Yellowcustard. I thought of many great ideas, too. As concerning about the scratching I know a manufacturer from UK which can make the same but with a different type of acrylic that is industrial strength, I have samples of that material and all I can say is strong like steel, and I might order a custom option from him. So scratching can be avoided this way. Thnx again for the posts is great to have the pros and cons of this. If anyone knows about a manufacturer from US let me know. Thnx.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 23:34, Yellowcustard wrote:
I just want to make a few comment on things already said. Yes we don't want people to look in and see our gaffs this is true. but we can prep our gaffs so they look ordinary. I do a single rope routine based on fibre optics. How I tie the rope up it looks like a single rope. Also I wrap my dye tube up in a silk and its ready to go. So can we get creative on this. Also a few item nicely displayed in the case would look great. Like shiney cups, a few nice patterned decks of cards and coins. Almost a museum display case. I have a few items people like to just look at and talk about. This could achieve two things. A sense of woner and ore. Secondly a transparent feel to your props (no punn meant).

Also I thought what about putting ligths in the box or even a smoke machine any way crazy creative mind in full swing. This coming from a man that just works out of his pockets.

That sounds too much like work for me, thanks anyway. I'm an old guy and just pack my gear and go. I also deal with inquisitive children a lot and have enough problems with them trying to look into my non-transparent cases.

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Derfomiundz Ivy
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Children, the boom of curiosity:D They make things disappear faster than we do:D And well like everything else, in the end standard and classy never dies and mostly works the best, have a great day everyone:)
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
927 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Thank you for the site. I have a few ideas for these.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Prop Cases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL