The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Loops?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RudyC
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of RudyC
There are several elastic threads claiming to be the best for loops. Which one do you recommend?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&5

I have tried just about every thread out there & this is my all time favorite!

Mike
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1498 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Legacy.... it isn't quite as stretchy, however it is extremely strong and very elastic. It is what I use. Get 2-3 spools and a trinity system and you will be set...

-Eli
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-30 19:43, elimagic wrote:
Legacy.... it isn't quite as stretchy, however it is extremely strong and very elastic. It is what I use. Get 2-3 spools and a trinity system and you will be set...

-Eli

Isn't quite as stretchy as what?

Legacy is the stretchiest,most durable thread I have found.

Mike
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
EVE beats Legacy hands down.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
I use legacy, not saying it's the best but it's what I use, I baught a spool of mesika's thread first, but I didn't know what I was doing and never got any loops tied, then, due to his dispenser and my lack of experience/frustration I ruined an entire spool of it, the legacy I got is just on a basic spool, keeps it really simple and It's worked for me, I've lost count of how many loops I've tied from one spool and they just keep coming, but I'm sure I'll have to buy more soon, and when I do it's gonna be legacy again, why mess with sucess? this stuff has served me well
illusionistaxe
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of illusionistaxe
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 19:42, Michael Peterson wrote:

Mike

Wanted to know the difference between Trinity system and Legacy emergency kit. Thanks.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-30 21:20, Ekuth wrote:
EVE beats Legacy hands down.

To each his own Smile

Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-30 21:58, Gary T. wrote:
I use legacy, not saying it's the best but it's what I use, I baught a spool of mesika's thread first, but I didn't know what I was doing and never got any loops tied, then, due to his dispenser and my lack of experience/frustration I ruined an entire spool of it, the legacy I got is just on a basic spool, keeps it really simple and It's worked for me, I've lost count of how many loops I've tied from one spool and they just keep coming, but I'm sure I'll have to buy more soon, and when I do it's gonna be legacy again, why mess with sucess? this stuff has served me well

I agree 100%

Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-31 00:49, illusionistaxe wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 19:42, Michael Peterson wrote:

Mike

Wanted to know the difference between Trinity system and Legacy emergency kit. Thanks.

http://www.subdividedstudios.com/tls.html

The LEK is easily carried & can be used anywhere to make a circular formation of IET.

Mike
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9493 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
HAY
Please move this to secret sessions.
illusionistaxe
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Ohk got it. Sounds really cool. Even I had terrible luck with thread work. Hope this solves the problem. Thanks a lot.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 01:20, illusionistaxe wrote:
Ohk got it. Sounds really cool. Even I had terrible luck with thread work. Hope this solves the problem. Thanks a lot.

I'm terrible with normal thread, and I was terrible with other IET, but Legacy worked for me, like I said tho that could have something to do with the spool as well
illusionistaxe
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-11-04 16:00, Gary T. wrote:
Quote:

I'm terrible with normal thread, and I was terrible with other IET, but Legacy worked for me, like I said tho that could have something to do with the spool as well

Must be specially made with some strong fibers blended. Right now I am using Infinity V2. It's good but not that strong like any other IET. Even if the thread is expensive, I wouldn't mind, as far as the quality of the product is really up to what it claims.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 23:01, illusionistaxe wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 16:00, Gary T. wrote:
Quote:

Must be specially made with some strong fibers blended. Right now I am using Infinity V2. It's good but not that strong like any other IET. Even if the thread is expensive, I wouldn't mind, as far as the quality of the product is really up to what it claims.

one important things about any IET is pre-stretching your loops, helps them from breaking when you use them a lot, so I would make sure I'm doing that if I were you, just slip both hands into the loop, pull it out till it's stretched right about as far as it can go without breaking, (you'll be able to feel it giving more resistance at this point, don't stretch it too far or you'll break it) and then just rotate your hands arround each other in sort of a spinning motion for maybe 30 seconds or a little more.
illusionistaxe
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-11-05 22:28, Gary T. wrote:

one important things about any IET is pre-stretching your loops, helps them from breaking when you use them a lot, so I would make sure I'm doing that if I were you, just slip both hands into the loop, pull it out till it's stretched right about as far as it can go without breaking, (you'll be able to feel it giving more resistance at this point, don't stretch it too far or you'll break it) and then just rotate your hands arround each other in sort of a spinning motion for maybe 30 seconds or a little more.

Well, I have created my own loops and also pre-stretched them all these years, just the way you mentioned above. I learn't that in the guerilla guide to loops. But still the thread breaks on the 3rd or 4th performance of the haunted deck! Have you tried that effect called Box Monster by Nathan Kranzo? It is also a haunted deck effect with two selections. Really good. If you have tried it, please give me tips to make a perfect box monster gimmick. Because, the first card doesn't rise as much as it's shown in the demo Smile I worked on the gimmick patiently for about 6 hours. Phew! My back was aching!
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Actually I've never done box monster, it looks great but I havent payed for it and don't want to steal from him, anyway you might check out this http://www.ellusionist.com/box-monster-refills.html I don't know how exactly that would differ from a home made gimmick but that's what was put together specifically for the effect, so it might work a little better and might jsut save you 6 hours of work lol
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
I like the legacy also.
todd
illusionistaxe
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-11-07 14:15, Gary T. wrote:
anyway you might check out this http://www.ellusionist.com/box-monster-refills.html I don't know how exactly that would differ from a home made gimmick but that's what was put together specifically for the effect, so it might work a little better and might jsut save you 6 hours of work lol

That's what I bought. It's is just the tool. We have to prepare the gimmick with it. I am not crazy to spend 6 hours of my life otherwise! Smile If you ever buy it and succeed in the delicate methodology, drop me a msg please! Thanks.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Will do, if I were you I would start a new thread in the Secret Sessions section or whatever it's called asking specifically about that, somebody here has to have more info on it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Loops?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL