The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Prodigal - Just Released (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
To those of you who have eagerly waited this announcement - thank you for your support!

I am pleased to announce that "The Prodigal" has just been released! I know I have been pretty quiet about details, so finally, here is some ad copy:

"Most of us have seen those shows on television where someone takes something to a flea market or rummage sale only to have an expert in possession of a trained eye come along and see through all the age, dust and patina that comes with neglect to discover a hidden gem, a priceless and coveted item.

All too often in Mentalism, a method is not what we expected or wanted it to be. As a result of our perceptions, we walk away and leave it behind. Over time, it is forgotten and gathers dust until one day, some expert comes along and shows us just how amazing this little item truly could be if it was polished and lovingly repaired rather than cast aside, scorned and esteemed as naught. Only then is our true appreciation won.

The Prodigal was written with the sole intention of demonstrating the value of one misunderstood and much maligned method, and offers glimpses of masterworks that can be built with it.

It offers a true demonstration of pure mental powers - void of pencils, scraps of paper, envelopes, gimmicks, or any of the accompanying apparatus that walk hand-in-hand with other effects and immediately serve to trigger skeptical reactions in our audiences - suspicious that they are being deceived, just unsure as to how.

The Prodigal examines the method by which you can create pure, direct mind reading - miracles that can be performed whilst in a straight jacket, with no props at all if you so choose.

As others are fond of stating - "You can perform this naked."

The Prodigal offers you strong, convincing Mentalism in its purest form.

88 pages long, this book offers up a number of solid close-up and stage-worthy mind reads, bolsters performance material based on psychological forces, offers methods of performing impressive ungaffed book tests, and outlines a means by which actions taken in radio studios or corporate headquarters hundreds of miles away can be accurately revealed. Better than all this - it establishes a creative platform upon which you can expand and create your own distinctive feats!"

There is more good news! I am introducing it here for a special price - I toyed with a 40% discount, but, on reflection, you have all been so good to me that half-off seemed more appropriate. It is therefore available on my website for ONLY $20.00 for the next 24 hours.

For those of you looking for a quick and simple link, it is available for instant download HERE!

Best,

Atlas
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Purchasing this now mate. Love to read some more of your thinking.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I just bought and read through , Lots of work put in.

I think the supplement has a wide application...

Great work,
cheers.

AG
Well then...
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I've had a couple looks over. The principle is far from original, but as Atlas describes, is widely misunderstood. Also, I've never seen it applied to this kind of magnitude. Atlas breaks it down the way it should be presented and turns it into a powerful mind reading tool that I'd now feel comfortable using. I do have something that automates this kind of thing, but having the optimally tuned models already set up splendidly, and more importantly having it applied to so many different data types is of incredible value.

Seriously, this is underpriced. This fits in well with the likes of Naked Mentalism and Jon Thompson's Naked Book Test in a new way. A vast amount of theory and appliable content is squeezed into this, and now mentions Atlas has made about using the Prodigal all make sense. After I get it all integrated, this is going straight into my naked repritoire along with my own Direct, Jon Thompson's Naked Book Test and Credit Test, and Joshua Quinn's Thought Chunnel.

This has a huge amount of information to digest, but it's 100% workable, and Atlas has brought many, many new ways to work with this to the table. I think that many don't use this principle simply because a work this all encompassing has never before been written on the topic. This really fills a previously gaping hole in mentalism and opens up many doors.

This is incredibly underpriced in my opinion.

I rarely get to say this in reviews, but this is a solid 10/10.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Just downloaded this. The main principle hinted at in the add copy turned out to be something different to what I was expecting. So that was a nice surprise straight away.

It will be a couple of days before I can get round to reading this fully, but on reading the first few pages show it's nice to find someone who can write well and present information in an easily-digestible manner.

Steve
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Stephen, AG, and DekEl, I just saw your feedback and wanted to say that your kind words are much appreciated.

AG, I agree, there is a lot of information in the book to digest, and as to DekEl's point - yes, I did sort of feel that there was a gap in this aspect of mentalism that a type of "Owner's Manual" would go a long way toward fixing. I think a lot of doors will be opened for a lot of people as a result. I am glad all my references in other posts in regards to how I use "The Prodigal" make sense now.

Stephen, I look forward to hearing what you think as you make progress through the book!

Best,

Atlas
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Well I have to be honest .....and admit I read it from cover to cover this morning instead of working on some stuff.
Feedback later as I have to drop one of the girls off for a Halloween party.

Steve
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I agree, this is some great new thinking and fits really well with Naked Mentalism and the whole approach of getting as close to the real thing as possible. A very accomplished release indeed.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
This is a fantastic read. I must admit this pdf takes a very old method and gives it a good shake down. I have always avoided using this sort of thing in my act. I've never been comfortable with working it. Having read over this very fine piece from Atlas I must confess, I am a convert. The 88 paged pdf is crammed full of information, explanations, examples and ideas. This work was not hurriedly thrown together, it is immediately obvious that a lot of time and care and effort has taken place to bring this release to fruition. I am impressed. I will be reading this over a good few times to give this method the respect it is due. Many of you will be familiar with the method but I imagine even those that already use it will learn from this in depth exploration.

Well done Atlas, you have certainly changed my perception and attitude towards this chestnut of mentalism.

This is a must have!

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Wow - Jon and Derek, thanks so much for your reviews! I hoped that what I shared here would be well received, but I am surprised at the response so far. I've also received some very enthusiastic emails, so thanks to those people as well.

I admit, it is pretty cool what you can do with this, but the response has been better than I expected. Possibly because I was used to what I was doing with this I underestimated the value that others would place on it.

Also, just a reminder that at midnight Pacific standard time, the introductory sale will be over, and the price will revert to $40.00 going forward.

Thanks everyone!

Atlas
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Isper
Since I do most of my performances in languages other than English, language dependency is a big issue. How language specific is this?
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Isper,

Good question! I addressed a similar PM where someone was inquiring about performing in German. I don't think that language should be a barrier to this at all. The principles will apply across languages, but you will (of course) need to make adjustments for some of the routines listed in section 2. This shouldn't be too difficult to undertake and you should end up with something that is an exact fit for your needs.

Best,

Atlas
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Isper
Atlas,

Thank you for your response.

Went ahead and took the plunge. Look forward to reading and playing.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I'm glad - I hope you enjoy it!

Best,

Atlas
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Just kind of took the last hour and skimmed through Atlas' first publication, so first off disclaimer because I personally love working propless and attempting to present as close to what appears to be the real thing as possible...that being said, Atlas has some pretty great insights in here on a tool that I see often, but in my opinion is often done flat out wrong. Overall, my initial impressions are "thank god, someone has needed to write this for a long time" and that the material provided is real world and incredibly workable. Great job Atlas, I will apply the knowledge and digest this material further to give some more feedback!

-Jakob
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Jakob - Thanks for your feedback, I would like to hear how performing this goes.

To everyone else who may be interested in this - in case you missed it in the thread, in just over an hour, the sale will be over and the price will revert to $40.00 moving forward.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I got in just under the wire; looking forward to it.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I can only reiterate the views of others who have read this.

Atlas has done for this principle, what Docc Hilford and Max Maven did for magicians choice. IMHO

Well written. No fluff. Good stuff.

Steve
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
This is, quite simply, excellent.

I've always love the idea of what is presented in this mansuscript, but never thought it a viable tool to work with. Atlas has done an excellent job breaking down each and every step of the process, making it a very workable endeavor.

Yes, you'll need to work with it, and practice, like all things. But after reading The Prodigal, for the first time I'm actually excited to put in the work.

I can't wait to further develop this and incorporate it into other routines. The effects and systems included are an excellent, excellent value, and is enough to get anyone started right off the bat. But for me, the real value lies in obtaining a very precise manual on how to master the art of a very undervalued principle in mentalism.

I don't know Atlas, I recall reading several posts by him, but for me, this is one of the best purchases I've made this year, in terms of furthering the knowledge of my craft.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I have used this method for stage and radio Mentalism over the years. Atlas provides a comprehensive overview and so many great examples of application and performance insights.

This is a superb tool for impromptu performances using just two minds, one of which will be well and truly blown!

Excellent stuff!

Dr Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Prodigal - Just Released (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL