The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Name and a little history of this coin please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
This is a Lassen Twiad set Morgan dollar and an Australian coin I beleve. what can you tell me about this copper coin? thanks
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
This picture may fit

Click here to view attached image.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I'd PM TWOCAN here. He'd probably know.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
They're most likely replica or simulation coins which are struck the approximate size of a crown. They're all dated 1879 but are recent strikes. Lassen would probably be the one to ask.
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Have you used this set? It looks beautiful.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Yes, it is actually a Lassen TWIAD set (a more specialized sun and moon). I use this copper coin [ with the C/S insert to do the Eric Jones Glitch Change but I have to go copper - silver - copper the way mine is made. I would like to know a little about the coin to tell the spectator.

Smile Smile
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I believe NicholasD is right. Lassen calls them Crowns on his site, but Crowns were only sporadically minted after 1800 (and then usually to commemorate the first year of a new monarch's reign). Also, real Crowns were made with real silver and have a blue-ish or silver color.

Here is an example of a beautiful "unofficial" Crown struck in bronze in 2001 (though the year on the coin is 1879):

http://nucoinsandnotes.blogspot.com/2011......own.html

Crowns have a long and illustrious history and have been minted for special occasions up until recent times. Additional fact for patter: for most of its 400+ year history a Crown was worth five shillings.

See here for more history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_(British_coin)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Name and a little history of this coin please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL