The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Changing TT size (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tkuiveuxo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tkuiveuxo
Hi all,

I need to make some TT smaller.
I know it should be possible by putting them in hot water, squeezing(?) them, and then put into cold water.

first question is, with what should I squeeze the TT?

also, do you got any other ideas or tips before I do it?
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
I would think you would be best to put it in the hot water, and then depending on the temperature of the water, if you can stand the heat and it's hot enough to make the tt softer, stick your hand in the water and put the tt on to where you would wear it, then reach in with the other hand and squeeze it down arround your thumb, if the water is too hot for you, do the same thing immediately upon taking it out of the water, I've never done it but that's my thoughts on how it should be done. I would just like to say that hot water can burn you and I am not responsible for any results or injury aquired by doing this, attempt at your own risk, that way I can't get sued Smile not that you would sue me, but seriously, don't burn yourself okay?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Buy a smaller one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3399 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 14:16, Dannydoyle wrote:
Buy a smaller one.

Ba-boowee!

JMHO
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
tkuiveuxo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tkuiveuxo
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 14:16, Dannydoyle wrote:
Buy a smaller one.

from geographical reasons I can't but so often...

anyway, I tried my method, and it worked
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2005 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
One other thing that can be done to make the inside diameter smaller on a TT is some of the tape of a flesh colored band-aid.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 17:26, Wravyn wrote:
One other thing that can be done to make the inside diameter smaller on a TT is some of the tape of a flesh colored band-aid.

or bright pink Duck Tape, if the TT is used correctly there's no reason in the world it would be seen.
Felman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Felman
Quote:
On 2012-11-08 11:30, Gary T. wrote:
Quote:

or bright pink Duck Tape, if the TT is used correctly there's no reason in the world it would be seen.

:)
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2005 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On 2012-11-08 11:30, Gary T. wrote:
Quote:

Very true, though after working in a magic shop and going to many different conventions, watching people going through the TT for the right colour match...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Changing TT size (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL