The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling Approach (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Hi! Recently I do a BIG coorporate party, My partner do Illusions, I hired a Juggler, acrobats, a Mime ...It was a big "Cirque" themed party. I do strolling, but having more than 800 guest I hired another very talented magician (And friend of Mine) to do Strolling at the cocktail. So we are two magicians doing close up. I notice that his approach was to gather big groups of people and do stuff like c&r rope, 20th century silks, Misers dream....It was walkaround, but with lets say....Bigger Props and Bigger groups of people. On the other hand I do Magic in a more intimate setting, you know, the cocktail table, 4 or 5 spectators, coins,bills,cards. At the end of the day the client saw both of us, and enjoy both strolling magicians. But as worker in your honest opinion, If the client needs to hire only ONE of us, would go with the classic, elegant dressed intimate kind of magic magician (ME) or will choose the flashy, loudy Big group builder Magician for his next cocktail???? Thanks, - Hansel
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1991 Posts

Profile of puggo
Perhaps it would depend on the perceived 'need' of the client.
Also, how many people would be at the next cocktail event? This could go both ways - your friend may have appeared to have provided a better show for more people, or else you may have appeared to have given people a better experience.

One thing people often say to me about close up, is that they have never seen magic so close. Perhaps the misers dream, silks etc may not have this effect as they are more stand and watch rather than being involved up close..

So, to sum up; I can't say as it is all about the perception and experience of the person hiring you.

Just my opinion of course.
Charlie
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
I think, approaching it in a close up-parlour way. What I mean is find the in between of the two. You should really be doing Misers Dream, why would you be carrying a bucket. Yet, close up magic that only a few can appreacite is the best either.

Stuff like fiber optics, card to wallet, two card monte and etc. They can be performed for one or two people up to 20-30 people. Its the in between.

Gathering large groups is great, because it tells others your there and that your good. (Depending on reactions) Working all small groups you may blend in and just seem like you werent there. You then bank on the guest telling the host that you were good. Neither is wrong, it just depends on what you want to accomplish.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling Approach (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL