The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Kadar is here! (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Greetings, I'm really late on the whole K@RD@R system (been a lotta stuff going on personally), yet have to say this is definitely something I have been seeking for a l-o-n-g time (in terms of a powerful, uplifting and positive, dare I say "life-altering" experience for participants)! I'm quite excited about dropping my Tarot deck and zeroing in on K@RD@R. Smile

That said, the K@RD@R ELITE version is quite an investment for me at this time, so I have a couple "purchasing" questions (not that I have the money for it right now, lol). The AM web site is thorough and informative, yet as a newbie to the K@RD@R system I got a little confused with all the various options and bells and whistles... So, my questions are as follows:

1. I understand that the ELITE version come with "TICK3T5 OF D35TINY", I'm just wondering (hoping), if the M00N5KIN P*** WALLET/Leather Case (from the individual "TICK3T5 OF D35TINY" effect) is included in the ELITE version as well, or is it just the 25 "Fortune Tickets" all by themselves (no wallet)?

2. What PDF files does the K@RD@R ELITE version come with? Those that are familiar with K@RD@R know that there are many components and paths to the system, which is the beautiful thing as others have mentioned. Yet, with all the extras and add-ons that can be applied, used or given to sitters as keepsakes and mementos could someone kindly please tell me what PDFs come wit the ELITE version? ... What exactly is it that I can "print out" myself to giveaway, I'm not clear on what the PDFs contain?

3. What is the "Z0LT@R POCKET READING CARD"? Can someone explain what this is please? Smile

----------------------->

Totally separate question about the K@RD@R K@RDS:

1. Will I have to buy a completely new full priced deck once the original cards have become withered and worn-out? Or is there a PDF file included that allows me to print my own deck (like the "Machine Oracle" by Leaping Lizards)?

2. What PDF files come with the K@RD@R K@RDS PRO, what do the files contain?

3. Are the "Readers Path" and "Magicians Path" Manuals exclusively for the K@RDS or are/can they be used in conjunction with the Original K@RD@R "Cabinets", etc.

Thank you in advance, to anyone and everyone who tackles my questions... I really, really appreciate it.

I'm basically looking for one all-comprehensive FULL system that I can take in many different directions (heavy or light), adding-in and taking-out as I see fit and deem necessary. So in the opinions of the owner's of the K@RD@R products will the K@RD@R ELITE version and the K@RD@R CARDS PRO
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Sorry got cut off, the last line should read:

So in the opinions of the owner's of the K@RD@R products, will the K@RD@R ELITE version and the K@RD@R CARDS PRO meet my above requirements (all-comprehensive FULL system that I can take in many different directions (heavy or light), adding-in and taking-out as I see fit and deem necessary)?

Thanks
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
The Krossbearer,

I was an early adopter of the Kadar Elite set. At that time, the Moonskin wallet that now comes when one purchases the Tickets of Destiny package was not yet made. In looking at the AM website, I am fairly certain the wallet does NOT comes with the Elite set. But, you know, everything is hand made (by either Mr. Gould or Moonskin) and I am certain Mr. Gould can quote you a price to include the wallet. I can tell you that the wallet is very, very devious. And, like all of Moonskin's creations, it is top shelf. You'll need to check with Mr. Gould and see if any of the Zoltar cards remain. They were originally borne as a pocket laminated reading system in a card. However, I find the Kadar cards to be so much (so, so, so much!) more than Zoltar was. The .pdf that comes with the Elite set is enough to get you fully going and using Kadar with a short amount of study. He does have the additional treatises (and I do not use that word lightly) for the individual who wants to delve much deeper into the background behind Kadar. If you have seen his Hedge Tarote, then you are familiar with the text that comes with that - these treatises (which were written for the Kadar Cards, which came a fair time after the original Kadar set...and I personally prefer the Kadar over the Kadar Cards...although there are times when one may find using the Kadar cards over the Kadar set to be desirable) have wonderful application to giving readings, in general, no matter what your type of oracle. I have both of the big tomes that he sells and have found them to be quite useful, both for consideration as a magician as well as a reader. If you can scrounge up the funds, I do not think you will be disappointed. Regarding the actual decks of cards, once they become worn they will be...worn. My favorite tarot deck is over 35 years old and looks it. I suspect there are folks out there who are taking the Kadar cards and purposely aging them to make them look older than they are. To my knowledge, Mr. Gould has not released any .pdf of the cards - these are printed by USPCC, so they handle just like Bicycle cards.

Regarding whether you should buy the Kadar Elite or Pro package, I would suggest starting with the Pro package first. Again, that was not available for us early adopters of the Kadar Elites. Once the Pro package came out, I purchased one of the leather Pro holders and that is my go-to Kadar house (if you will). I suspect if you wanted to purchase other items from Mr. Gould over time, he'd entertain such a question. I have found him to be a very accommodating individual who provides outstanding (and I mean that in its totality) customer service to all of the individuals who purchase his wares.

Personally, I'd start with Kadar Pro. If you could swing it, add in the Kadar Cards and the Reader's Path tome, as they will provide a very different - but equally hard-hitting - way to use the Kadar-themed wares in your readings. Is it heavy hitting? Most definitely. Then, I'd add in the Tickets of Destiny, with the Moonskin case. But, in my opinion, Kadar is the grandfather of it all and has enormous versatility.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

All the best,

David
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
The Kadar Elite is not available anymore - or am I looking in a wrong place? There are Kadar Tickets Pro and Lite available but I would love to get my hands on the aged Elite.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Excuse my ignorance - I have found all Kadar under http://www.alchemymoon.com/#!kadar/c169e - trying to decide on what to get now.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Sorry I have not been around much, as I have been really busy with some large private commissions and a couple of rather interesting projects that I will be talking about real soon. And yes, slap my wrists - I will get that video up on the correct way to wrap up the Cuss Cards pro (I am just too shy!)

Anyway, to answer the questions about Kadar.

First off, someone contacted me to say that he had heard that Kadar Elite is no longer available - not true! It still is and can be got from the AM site - here is the direct link.
http://www.alchemymoon.com/#!kadar-elite/c1xib

I also wanted to point out that the cards that come with the Elite set are the same as those that come with the pro set. Both sets are mounted on wood and aged in the same way.

The Elite set contains a lot more stuff, from the original Zoltar card (While I still have stock), the book of 'raffle tickets' (tick sheets to hand out to your clients), Kadar Truth or Dare, and The Kadar Tickets of Destiny, dice pendulum, Moonskin Case and the rather funky box.

The Tickets of Fate included with the Elite set are just the tickets and book, not the case as well. I do not have big profit margins and have to price things so that I do not actually turn up a loss. With my fragile business acumen, this is always a possibility.
However, I will put a case in for you guys here - just remind me (a simple 'give me a case') will do, and I will drop one in.

Both the Kadar Pro and Elite come with a printed manual that can be used as a simple introduction to the system - indeed, you can get the cards and manual out of the box and start your first reading from it immediately. Both editions also come with the full manual in pdf form - this is comprehensive and will tell you all you need to know. On top of this, the Kadar community has always been very active and there are tons of additional ideas up there on the Kadar forum.

The Kadar Pro and Elite are the 'core' Kadar system. The Kadar Tickets of Fate are a really nice way of taking it further and gifting the sitter with the reading she has chosen (The Tickets come with the graphic files for the cards, so you can print out as many as you need). The tickets work fine as a stand alone - but if you know the core system, you can use the tickets as a mini version of the Karar Cards. So I would go for the Pro or ELite first.
Kadar 'Truth and Dare' is also stand alone, but I would not really recommend it if you do not know the core system. It is however a wonderful way to transform someone's life for the better, in little steps.

I will not go into detail on all of these, as all of the info is up there on the website.

As for the Kadar Cards.
Well, what a difficult thing all that was!
On one hand it is something of a crowning achievement and a years worth of work - on the other hand, those who know me will attest to the difficulties that I experienced in this project. I cannot say too much on this, as I still may be taking legal action to secure my intellectual property. However, the upshot is, I have had this project 'taken from me' and have a few sets of the Kadar poker cards left - when they are gone - I am done with it.

However, there are two rather large books that accompany the Kadar Cards. One for using the cards 'pure without resorting to deception - 'the Readers Path' - the second giving in depth information for the magician. Are these useful for the Kadar core system? Well, yes and no. Yes, as they contain a lot of useful information on techniques of cold reading and go in some real depth. Also, a correct understanding of the Magician's path give the potential to revolutionise your card magic by giving it meaning and direct, personal relevance to your audience. This would be just as relevant with an ordinary deck of cards, as it would the Kadar Cards. I will be honest with you, as pretty as the Kadar Poker Cards are, I still prefer reading with ordinary poker cards as they have more of an aire of authenticity. This is not to say that I do not recommend getting the Kadar cards, just for the aesthetics. After this print run, no more will be printed (if they are, this is when I will take legal action). I do intend to work on a V2 of the cards, but this is when time permits. So it be a minor collectors item at some point.

Another point to make is that the Kadar core system is really self-contained. Its beauty is in its simplicity, depth of reading arises organically from this. Experience teaches better than any book I (or anyone else) could write.

In conclusion - if you are looking at starting out reading with Kadar - I would recommend the Core Kadar System first. Either the elite Version or the Pro version (both contain the same information). Then certainly add the Tickets of Destiny, as you can really take the readings further with these and the Moonskin peek case is really something of an overlooked gem. I am sure that if I sold these separately, they would go out by the truck load - but that would not be very 'Alchemy Moon'!

Grab a deck of the cards for collectors value. But the Magians path and Readers path have uses beyond that particular deck.

Hope that is everything!

If not, do not hesitate to contact me via email - as I say, I am horribly busy at the moment, so I do not get time to visit here as often as I perhaps should, but I always answer emails promptly.

cheers
Chris
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Hi,

Looking for Kadar pricing, but links only take me to one.com and not the website.
Does Alchemymoon.com no longer exist ?

Thanks.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
The Alchemy Moon will return to orbit on Oct. 31st. Until then, just email Chris directly: alchemymoon@outlook.com
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Thank you Perkins, much appreciated !

Bobby.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Chris is an artist through and through, and his perfectionism leads to this seemingly seasonal killing and resurrection of his website. It's awesome really, and the resulting site is worth the wait, and keeps the experience fresh. Like the real moon, Alchemy Moon regularly hides and returns, brighter than before.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Chris is an artist through and through, and his perfectionism leads to this seemingly seasonal killing and resurrection of his website. It's awesome really, and the resulting site is worth the wait, and keeps the experience fresh. Like the real moon, Alchemy Moon regularly hides and returns, brighter than before.

Well said oz.
Bob
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Does anyone know off-hand the cost of the Kadar Kings in Moonskin case ? I may be able to buy a secondhand set, but would like to know the original price please.

Thanks,

Bobby.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Thanks you for the kind words gentlemen, they are better than gold.

Ah we have had a Blood Moon have we not?

And on the most beautiful clear night with the Moon full and lighting up the sky, I finally put the finishing touches to the Website.
Well, I could not arrange it so that the new moon rises on the 31st of October - but *our* moon does. THanks for stepping in for me there Mr Perkins, you are a gentleman.
I am hoping to get the good folk on our mailing list in there a few days earlier. But, not long to go now, so I had better have a bath and comb my hair.

I came here to answer your questions too Bobby.
The site is down and perhaps I am enjoying my time away from the post office a little bit too much!
I can still make up AM stuff for you - as can the other guys on the Moon.
Drop me a message - (email is in the sig) and I will sort you out. ;-)

Chris
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Many thanks Chris.

Email sent.

Bobby.
bud.scott
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of bud.scott
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, Perkins wrote:
The Alchemy Moon will return to orbit on Oct. 31st. Until then, just email Chris directly: alchemymoon@outlook.com

Great, I thought it was just me.
Dabbler in the Esoteric
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VIII
Order of the Hexidic
North West Gathering of the Dark Magi II,III,IV,V
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Got mine today. Beautiful. Will Def use these.
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
I just ordered mine (Kadar Elite) about a week ago, and have about another week before it arrives. According to Chris, I might as well kiss daylight goodbye for a few years, as I will be fully immersed in the world of Kadar. Of course, I already knew I would be, as Kadar knows all and sees all, and informed me of my fate. I am looking forward to receiving this wonderful masterpiece!

I also bought the "special" Moonskin Wallet and have plans for the Kabinent as soon as finances allow.

Chris has been wonderful, a true gentleman and a pleasure to talk to. I plan a long, healthy involvement at The Moon thanks to this experience!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2015, Taveren001 wrote:
I just ordered mine (Kadar Elite) about a week ago, and have about another week before it arrives. According to Chris, I might as well kiss daylight goodbye for a few years, as I will be fully immersed in the world of Kadar. Of course, I already knew I would be, as Kadar knows all and sees all, and informed me of my fate. I am looking forward to receiving this wonderful masterpiece!

I also bought the "special" Moonskin Wallet and have plans for the Kabinent as soon as finances allow.

Chris has been wonderful, a true gentleman and a pleasure to talk to. I plan a long, healthy involvement at The Moon thanks to this experience!

Congratulations! What a wonder-filled holiday gift for yourself...a true treat is in store for you as you get to spend some time taking in the genius of Mr. Gould.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I think it's worth noting that 3 years on from starting this thread I am still using Kadar and it has paid for itself several times over. Since getting the original set I also have the Kings set with beautiful moonskin case. I am ruthless about selling off magic I don't use, but this is a keeper.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I am and remain in awe of Mr. Gould and his arts!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Kadar is here! (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL