The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Kadar is here! (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Yep looks like he will be making them to order from now on! awesome!
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Thanks for the info guys, yep I have contacted Chris before. Hes a great guy to deal with, Il be sure to let him know when/if I decide to. I don't think I do enough private readings now to warrant this investment yet, but who knows what the future holds?
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
The raffle tickets can be used as a tick sheet as well as pushing positive change in the sitters. They'll make for a nice souvenir. Several different ways of delivering the reading are listed using the cards and the casting board. The dice and pendulum offer other follow ons to the readings. There are other ways of using the cards for readings I've thrown a few ideas around and I think these will be seeing light on the Kadar forum when it is set up. Michael is right that the pitch books do make this a good investment. I reckon you can earn the money back off one good event or a few slow ones. There are a number of expansions planned I believe so there will be room for further development not just to readings but to use them for more traditional trickery. There is a bit of space in the box too should you wish to add some of your own items.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

I can understand that.... I am actually doing more readings now but I was looking for items on a lighter side so that I can reach more people then the tarot will allow. this seems to be the perfect comnbination of simplicity and free flow enough to take it deeper if needs be.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Hi Folks
Glad that the Kadar sets are starting to hit stateside, and really glad that you are all liking them.
Sorry I have been a little neglectful of you all it seems, and there are many questions unanswered. The truth is, I do not come here every day, I am way too busy getting everyone's order out on time. However, my other job as taxi driver (a free service, only available to family) finds me once more in the supermarket car park (you would be surprised at how many of the seeds to the stuff you love were gestated here!), so I will use this opportunity to answer some of the questions.
The idea behind is twofold.
First it is aimed at supporting someone who is new to cold reading. I remember when I started cold reading, I spent months reading every book out there, getting horribly confused and thinking 'Sheet, this stuff is so difficult - how can I remember all of this?'. Then I realised that I had been doing cold reading for years, only I had called it 'conversation'. There are two very basic tenants to cold reading, they can be summed up in 30 seconds. This is really all you need to know.
Here is a truism that I have expounded upon many times in the past. People are more interested in themselves than they are in your cards tricks. Don't believe me? How many times have your performed the most gobsmaking trick, only to get the response 'can you tell my fortune with those?'. Want to really pizz a magician off? Stand next to him as he is performing and get some tarot cards out!
So, the guy who just wants to be interesting (that covers most of us!) is very much in my mind here. I can guarantee that if you follow the advice in Kadars 'Little Book of Fate', and in the 'special' document that I send you, you will be super confident at cold reading within seconds. Put simply, you cannot go wrong doing a Kadar reading, it pretty-much does itself.
As people have pointed out here, there is very little to learn. In fact, I would say that there is nothing to learn at all!
So open the box and start penetrating your friends innermost secrets instantaneously!

Secondly, I really *do* have the working professional very much in mind here. If you do work the psychic fayres and home party circuits, you will know the inherent dangers of using the tarot. What *do* you do about those pesky Death, Devil and Blasted Tower cards? You either have to leave them out (and you know what that will do on the metaphysical plane!?) or you have to lie 'Hey, Death aint so bad! In fact it does not mean death at all, see the skinny guy with the scythe, well he is just saying that you need to get out there in the garden and get some pruning done!' I mean, don't you hate that sort of new age interpretation? I mean, you don't actually *do* that yourself do you?
Also, there is the public perception that the Tarot is cursed and will bring them bad luck. Which, in the wrong hands is a reasonable conclusion for them to come to!
The first thing to say about Kadar is that it is relentlessly positive. You are going to have to leave the rubber bats and plastic skull behind here, as Kadar's philosophy is that we should grow towards the light and that life should be 'fun' (just when did we forget those two things?).
So a Kadar reading is never negative. Anything negative in a persons life is seen as a temporary block of the positive energy that is rightfully theirs. So anything good that is happening is an indication that you are getting it right, and anything bad is an indication that something you are doing is blocking this good thing from happening.
Which leads me onto the next point.
One thing that I think is missing from many readers readings is the cognitive therapy conclusion! Give a reading and let the person go and it is , in the end, just so many words that vaporize into nothing of substance. However, end a reading with some direct action that the sitter is committed to undertake and a reading is transformed into something with real substance. Something with the potential of being life transformative. Hey, we call ourselves magicians? Well, isn't that (transform reality) what *real* magicians do? Get you hands off your spongy balls and get out there and be a *real* magician!
Another point aimed at the working pro - and those of you who have you Kadar sets in front of you will really get what I mean here... They look so eye catching and intriguing! Believe me, if you are working the Psychic Fare circuit, that box, and the mystery of what is in it- is going to be a people magnet. The imagery in the Kadar set plug into something childlike and fun in our own younger days. It looks like an old game that you never got around to playing when you were a kid. I cannot overstress the value of this in terms of you earning an income off this thing.
Talking of which. There is unlimited potential for self promotion here for the working pro. First of all, any working pro worth his salt is going to be handing out a ticket with their contact details on!
Also, the pitch books can be used to earn extra income. Think of this, you have just shown your sitter something that has really rocked them, some secret method that you have that has told them things about themselves that only they could know, *and* things that they *did not know*. Also, and more importantly, you have left them feeling valued, feeling great about themselves, feeling *empowered*. Then you turn around and say, 'Do you want to take this away with you? So that you can continue using it and use it on *you* friends?'. Well, what are they going to say? Also, you are still the master of course! You are still only a phone call away from a booking. So it's a good job that you have put your contact details in the back of the book that your sitter has taken away!
The pitch books will be available to buy in bulk at a silly price for Kadar Klub Members. For the full time pro, I will make the pdf's available.
I will not go into what the Kadar Klub is in this post, as it is way too long already - I may in a future post.
A few of you have hit upon the levels of depth in the system, and this for me is where the *real* power lies. Yes, it can work on a very superficial level - and this is something of great value to the working pro. If you can perform a reading that is essentially effortless, light-hearted and more importantly *quick*, the more money you are going to make, right?
Again, the working pro will understand the potential of this right away.
However, underpinning this *is* a coherent system that has it's roots in antiquity, as well as the western tradition of magick, and in modern Jungian psychology. Believe me, this is no quick trick that I have just rattled off to make a quick buck!
So, you can start with a superficial reading, let the sitter be the focus of attention, letting her open up and feel valued. Now, you can gently lead her into some very deep waters should you wish. Those of you with a grounding in magick will also understand how this system can be used to actively transform on the metaphysical level as well. All of this is merely hinted at in the Kadar Manuals so far. But there really is enough between the lines for the experienced practitioner to use.
It has always been my intension to write the full Kadar book, one which explores all of these depths. However, I never though it worth pursuing, as sales would not justify the effort put into writing it. The rate that Kadar is selling at is making this more and more feasible an undertaking.
So there you have it for now, some of my thoughts behind the philosophy of Kadar.
I do realise that I have only answered a few of your questions.
But this is long enough!
I will put up a post regarding what is actually in the box the next time I find myself in a supermarket carpark... hey, not too long then!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

So it seems that a very well rounded system for newbies and pros alike.
this must have been in the works for years to get it to where it is now.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

It was!
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
Kadar is indeed great for someone new to readings. I was one of the playtesters and completely new to doing readings. One of the first times I used the system, I literally had the book in my hand and referred to it as we went along. I basically treated it as something I found and thought it would be fun to play around with. As I did it a few more times, I found myself more comfortable and adding in bits of information that seemed related and was getting hits. In time, I leaned on the book less and less as I was learning it as I went. If I found myself suck, I took Chris’s suggestion and simply asked “What does it mean to you?”

The system will grow with you, at least that is my experience. I have gone from knowing basically nothing about readings, to having some real practical experience and confidence in doing readings. As other more experienced readers have said above, it works for them as well.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
This is the first report I gave Chris from playtesting. It shows the strength of the cards as this was just a set I'd made up from the files, no where near as nicely aged as the finished product. This was also before I'd read the full manual.

So took the smaller set out last night for in inaugural run out. I was out for a friends birthday, figured she's have several of her girl friends who it would go down well with. We were out in Hull figured these would be suitable for giving some light readings in the bars of Hull. There'd be a good number of drunks and something of this nature would go down well. Started on one of her friends who I have known for a good few years, but not well. I introduced it talking about myself and my interest in divination and collecting items around this. We talked about the fortune telling machines and how I collect the cards. We had a nice chat on these before I introduced the cards. I introduced them as a 70s novelty, as this being the smaller unaged set I made the 70s seemed more appropriate than claiming 30s/40s.

I began by asking her to mix the cards up and lay them on the table in a line. I used my necklace for a pendulum. I've done pendulum work with her before so didn't need to go in any depth on how to use that with her. So just had a chat about my necklace (a silver chain with a lingham stone on). I can see I'll be making a pendulum specifically to go with these though. She held it over the line and moved it along. I didn't say it would move until she'd been over the line once. She moved back along the line and I explained that over one we would see a different movement. She moved along the row to the siren where we got the movement. I asked her to let the pendulum rest on the table.

We moved into the visualisation stage. I asked her to imagine placing the coin in one of the slots (she chose the middle). Then soltar slowly starts coming to life and whirrs around before selecting one of the objects (she picked the castle/house). He then handed it to her with the positive hand.

I then moved into the details of her choices. I mentioned a few points about the other characters before talking about the siren. Earlier in the reading she had mentioned that she had some psychic ability, so mentioned that it was interesting she'd picked this one as the siren was all about intuition and trusting those impulses. She had chosen the present and the house, so talked in terms of her considering moving on with her life. I talked about whether she was considering moving house. She revealed that she is considering moving down to London and is looking at a new house to rent. She then went onto fill most of the details out.

I didn't go onto do the effecting change of having her write it down, just talked though things she could do to make the decision herself (making lists weighing up pros and cons, talking to friends, etc). I returned the pendulum to her and finished with her thinking of a question in her head and did a smile yes/no. She didn't need to share the question it was just for her.

I asked her later for what she thought of it and she absolutely loved the whole reading. She said right from the off when I uncovered the cards she'd been attracted to the siren. When the pendulum moved over it she said it was a real shock as it was what she wanted. The fact that we got out of it that she is considering moving and had a good talk about it left her feeling positive about her options. Off the strength of it I've been booked to do a psychic home party, so really couldn't ask for a better first reading.

I did it for a few strangers over the night. Again good responses. Gave a few different give aways at the end of the reading. Gave one a pendulum I'd made for her to carry on experimenting with and a few gemstones. One lad I gave a very serious chat to that I was giving him a great gift with great responsibility, so great I wasn't sure he was ready for it. An item that had in fact been the secret of my power. I then gave him a psychic fish. Over the course of the night I saw this lad a few more times in other bars having a whale of time chatting up girls with his fish. He came back to me later thanked me for the reading, said it meant a lot and bought a round for me.

All in all it served it's purpose beautifully. It delivered solid readings. It looks trivial enough that I was able to use it on a group of fairly rough Hull lads who were total strangers without them feeling awkward about having a tarot reading or their palms read (did do these later, but don't think they'd have gone with me holding their hands as the first reading). But still gave good readings. It entertained and got a few people thinking about how they can make the changes they want happen. Can't really ask for much more.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Darn it. I really want an elite kadar set now...
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

And Joshua, the response you got, espeically from the blokes sounds good. As you mentioned, some people tend to freak out even at the sight of tarot cards. And some males can feel uncomfortable if you hold their hand to read palms. Kadar sounds like its perfect to introduce readings in a fun and interesting way.
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
I am delighted to announce that I'm part of the Kadar Club as of today!

Yes! The Kadar box has arrived. (along with the Hedge Tarote) It took a while to get here and I was worried it was lost. I'm glad that I have the blessings of the Kadar, and it finally delivered to my door step this morning. I believe everything I want to describe about this beautiful artifact has been covered in the earlier pages of this thread, so I will write about something else... the creator, Chris!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris for his excellent customer service. Lots of e-mails were exchanged between us and he went all the way to fulfill my request. For e.g I asked if he could cut out the slots in the cards for my set, and he did it for me. He is very sincere and prompt with answering my questions and ensuring that the stuff do get to me. I am a very very happy customer.

I'm gonna do my first reading using the Kadar in a week's time, and will definitely be here to share the experience from a non-performer point of view.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Thank you Sir - But you did you part in waking the Singapore post office up - Three weeks is a bit of a record for me, I can assure everyone else that you can expect your orders a little speedier. However, the postal services of each destination has a mind of it's own. Some PO's seem to think it is a cool thing to send a parcel on a sight seeing tour of their country before deciding to send it to the address *I actually wrote on the package*!!!!
I know that I have said this before, but the thing that really gets me, is that I have to pay insurance for the PO to do their job properly!

Anyway, remember, it is always good to have an understanding customer (like Piyuyu) too!

BTW, the Kadar operatives are now out in the field spreading the word! Reports are starting to come in of the triumphs and troubles of the Karar Pilgrims. So, as mentioned on the other thread, keep the reports coming in, there is a virtual training course starting to evolve in the appropriate place.

Exciting times!
Adrian Marcato
View Profile
New user
Dam-Car
32 Posts

Profile of Adrian Marcato
HELLo

I am very interested in Kadar!
Is it possible to apply Kadar also in another language?

Best wishes in LVX
Adrian Marcato
Salmei, Dalmei, Adomei
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Hi Adrian
Yes absolutely.
Here is an image of one of the Kadri

You can see that other than the title, there are no words. The whole thing is performed verbally and though imagery, so it is fully performable in any language.
Adrian Marcato
View Profile
New user
Dam-Car
32 Posts

Profile of Adrian Marcato
Fantastic Christopher!

I have also your DITF elite and love it ....
Kadar is purchased!

in LVX
Adrian Marcato
Salmei, Dalmei, Adomei
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

In the post in the morning, or Monday at the latest.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Just a little story about my Christmas with Kadar. My family has a traditional fortune telling after we finish Christmas dinner. We usually use a tube filled with numbered sticks, randomly drawn, and each number corresponding to a fortune in a booklet. This year I brought Kadar. The set really peaked everyone's interest, especially my 16 year old niece. After I gave her a reading, she immediately wanted to give her mom a reading. by the end of the night she had given almost every one in the family a reading. And she was very good too!! by her 5th try she petty well had the most of the meanings memorized and I could tell she was making it up if she could not remember the exact meanings. I think she was born to be a reader!! She begged me to borrow it to take to school after the holidays but I had to say no, much to her disappointment.( I did not want to entrust such a valuable prop with a 16 year old.)
I believe Kadar will be a new Christmas tradition for my family for years to come.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Contact me on the AM forum or on FB, I would like to help your niece out.
I am going to be selling Kadar Pitch Books soon. This is essentially, the 'Kadar Book of Fate' with 4 of the Kadri (Mysterion is far too mysterious to let loose on the general public) The idea of the Pitch book is exactly what you describe - perform Kadar, show you sitter how simple the (basic) system is, then extort some cash out of them.
These will be on the Website real soon - but I can let you have a set ahead of time.
I just want to help cement your Niece's future career.
;-)
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
KADAR is AMAZING.

Beautiful work... just got my set and it's magnifique.... holy frijoles.... this ROCKS. I am going to have a great time with this....

Doktori Kadari
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Kadar is here! (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL