The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » A Secret To Success Is Be Yourself? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
Dude, how do you know if someone is "good people" and not a dirt bag? Thieves, con artists, pedaphiles, drug dealers, etc. go to church, are seen as 'upstanding" members of the community, etc. So dirt bags can go under the radar.

How do you go about determining this?


Dude, use your common sense, you should already know that I don't stop anybody's show and ask them if they are a dirtbag just by using that thing between your two ears. Most people including myself have enough common courtesy to not interrupt somebody else's show. Do you think it's acceptable to go around interrupting other people's shows? I don't! Where did this stupid question come from?

There is no reason for you to believe that I would interupt somebody else's show and I don't appreciate you elluding to the idea that I would when I don't. There are many ways to determine if somebody is a dirtbag, like getting to know them outside of their show performance or what your friends tell you about them who have gotten an opportunity to know the entertainer outside their show.

I know of one comedian that failed simply because they had a bad personality outside of his show. Wife absolutely hates the guy. Yes, sometimes dirt bags go under the radar. It happens. That doesn't mean I am not going to take into consideration whether somebody is really decent or not just because dirtbags sometimes fly under the radar. Sometimes you can get to know somebody outside of their show and see that they are a real dirtbag just by talking to them. It's MY MONEY and I am going to spend it as wisely as possible. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! None of this is rocket science and your question just came out of left field and makes no sense at all. So don't be surprised when I react this way to such stupid question that kinda comes across the wrong way.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 17:41, General_Magician wrote:
[
Dude, use your common sense, you should already know that I don't stop anybody's show and ask them if they are a dirtbag just by using that thing between your two ears. Most people including myself have enough common courtesy to not interrupt somebody else's show. Do you think it's acceptable to go around interrupting other people's shows? I don't! Where did this stupid question come from?

There is no reason for you to believe that I would interupt somebody else's show and I don't appreciate you elluding to the idea that I would when I don't. There are many ways to determine if somebody is a dirtbag, like getting to know them outside of their show performance or what your friends tell you about them who have gotten an opportunity to know the entertainer outside their show. I know of one comedian that failed simply because they had a bad personality outside of his show. Wife absolutely hates the guy. See, none of this is rocket science dude and your question just came out of left field and makes no sense at all. So don't be surprised when I react this way to such stupid question that kinda comes across the wrong way.


So it's rude to interrupt someone's show, but calling someone a dirt bag based on second hand info is classy?

Your not supporting"dirt bags" and how you find out if they are "dirt bags" is very confusing.

What shows have you not attended based on your info collecting method?
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
So it's rude to interrupt someone's show, but calling someone a dirt bag based on second hand info is classy?

Your not supporting"dirt bags" and how you find out if they are "dirt bags" is very confusing.

What shows have you not attended based on your info collecting method?


I don't call them a dirt bag but I do make my own judgements based on what I know and what my friends tell me. I haven't attended some shows or watched some shows based on word of mouth from my friends. I trust my friends. My friends are good people, otherwise I wouldn't be hanging out with them. See, none of this is confusing. It's what most people do. Listen to their friends and/or make decisions based on what they do know. Why would you be so concerned about my buying decisions anyway? What does it matter to you? I am just one person out of billions.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 18:00, General_Magician wrote:
Quote:
So it's rude to interrupt someone's show, but calling someone a dirt bag based on second hand info is classy?

Your not supporting"dirt bags" and how you find out if they are "dirt bags" is very confusing.

What shows have you not attended based on your info collecting method?


I don't call them a dirt bag but I do make my own judgements based on what I know and what my friends tell me. I haven't attended some shows or watched some shows based on word of mouth from my friends. I trust my friends. My friends are good people, otherwise I wouldn't be hanging out with them. See, none of this is confusing. It's what most people do. Listen to their friends and/or make decisions based on what they do know. Why would you be so concerned about my buying decisions anyway? What does it matter to you?


What if you have some friends that you feel are good people, but someone else has had an experience that makes them feel they are dirtbags. When you find this out, do you keep them as friends?

Dude, it matters to me because you posted that you don't support dirtbag shows, so I wanted to know the process you use to determine someone is a dirt bag.

Let's start fresh. What exactly do you consider "dirtbag" characteristics?
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
What if you have some friends that you feel are good people, but someone else has had an experience that makes them feel they are dirtbags. When you find this out, do you keep them as friends?


You're wasting your energy worrying about what I think or how I use my money. You should be spending your energy on more productive things like creating an awesome show and just being a decent person and enjoying life. You can't worry about what other poeple think or how they spend their money because you can't control the decisions of other people or what other people think and by spending your energy on worrying about such things, it's wasted energy.

But to answer you question, I think "dirtbag" for the most part, has some universally accepted characteristics. Some guys are just an a-hole and I personally don't like paying money to an a-hole. To me, that's a dirtbag ( though some might not consider the guy a dirtbag, I used the word dirt bag given that I could not use the entire word A-hole on the forum).
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
kellaroneil
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of kellaroneil
Be yourself, yet show a true character in your performance - no matter what the character might be. You can still be yourself and act in character form.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Can you tell us someone's show you went to, so we know they aren't a dirt bag and we can go to their show also?
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 18:35, Zombie Magic wrote:
Can you tell us someone's show you went to, so we know they aren't a dirt bag and we can go to their show also?


Why would you listen to me? You don't know me. Why would you care? Maybe you should ask this question to your friends who you do know and respect and whose opinion has weight with you.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 18:39, General_Magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 18:35, Zombie Magic wrote:
Can you tell us someone's show you went to, so we know they aren't a dirt bag and we can go to their show also?


Why would you listen to me? You don't know me. Why would you care? Maybe you should ask this question to your friends who you do know and respect and whose opinion has weight with you.


Well, you posted opinions, so you must think people are interested in listening to you. Otherwise you wouldn't post anything.

Please, give us an example of a non dirt bag that you've supported.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 18:48, Zombie Magic wrote:
[
Well, you posted opinions, so you must think people are interested in listening to you.


Not really. Most of the time I post just to have fun and people can take what I say with a grain of salt, which I am sure they do. I am suspicious of your motives though for taking part in this discussion and I don't feel that you are being completely open and honest with me. It's really not that big of deal, yet you seemed to be making this into a big deal. Why? What gives? What are your motives? You are welcome to PM me to continue this discussion.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 19:02, General_Magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 18:48, Zombie Magic wrote:
[
Well, you posted opinions, so you must think people are interested in listening to you.


Not really. Most of the time I post just to have fun and people can take what I say with a grain of salt, which I am sure they do. I am suspicious of your motives though for taking part in this discussion and I don't feel that you are being completely open and honest with me. It's really not that big of deal, yet you seemed to be making this into a big deal. Why? What gives? What are your motives? You are welcome to PM me to continue this discussion.


You're suspicious of my motives? Well, know we have some cloak and dagger stuff, so we can't go to PM's.

What do you think my covert motives are in responding to a statement that you made?
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
You're suspicious of my motives? Well, know we have some cloak and dagger stuff, so we can't go to PM's.

What do you think my covert motives are in responding to a statement that you made?


I don't know, but my intuition tells me you have some kind of ulterior motive at play here. I don't know what it is. I'm not a mind reader. I don't see why it would be such a problem to go PM, but suit yourself. The rest of the forum doesn't care much for our discussion so, it's just common courtesy to the rest of the forum to take it to PM. As far as I am concerned the discussion is finished for me given that you are unwilling to send a PM.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Oh, and I understand and agree with your opinion General-Magician. Only I don't call them dirt-bags I call them something else.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
General,
Zombie seems to have found his charachter. He seems to be playing the role of pot-stirrer. I don't think he cares at all about what you like or don't like. I think he enjoys getting people worked up.
But, of course, I could be wrong....I've been wrong before
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Zombies a turbo poster, 4000+ in less than a year...forum rules say no turbo posting.
That's more than our Mr Jonathan Townsend who has 25,000, the most posts on this forum since 2002
zombie's average would put him in the 50,000 range, and most of them a useless.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I joined Dec 29, 2011. I didn't know post counts were that big of an issue. I've had nasty PM's from people when I've brought back a thread older than a year, but post counts are an issue also?

Now that I know, I plan on passing Jonathan Townsend's post count by this time next year, just as a way to say thanks for the nice comments.
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
I've already gotten railed for bringing up old posts...
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 00:00, Mule Henderson wrote:
I've already gotten railed for bringing up old posts...


Not quite. You copied and pasted a post from an old locked thread to cause trouble in a thread praising the work of a revered community member. That's known as an Octopus Sunning someone just to be mean spirited. It's just bad form.
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
So your behavior in this thread is good form?

And you're mistakenly jumping to the conclusion that my intention was to cause trouble. I was just providing some reading material. I provided no opinion or a stance on the subject.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 01:23, Mule Henderson wrote:
So your behavior in this thread is good form?

And you're mistakenly jumping to the conclusion that my intention was to cause trouble. I was just providing some reading material.


I was only asking a member about a statement HE made. It's called having a conversation. He got paranoid and then a couple of forum trolls Octopus Sunned me on my post count, etc. I just defended myself. You have to do that with trolls that have nothing better to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » A Secret To Success Is Be Yourself? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL