The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mr Dark's 5 Shot Tarot (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Looks good to me.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
626 Posts

Profile of brehan
Preorder deal?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Good suggestion brehan.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-11-09 02:36, Don H wrote:
How was mr. Dark related to Luna Rose?
Was this another Wonder Tour or were they together on the same tour?
I'm in anyway.

Dark worked the Wonder Tour. He had traveled the west with his own Medicine Show for 40 years. One day he chanced upon the Wonder Tour and met Hobbs, who convinced him to join and travel with the tour.

Dark sold miracle elixirs (snake oil), potions, herbs, cures for baldness and various other staples of the Medicine Show wagon. He would bring crowds in with his demonstration of his 5 Shot.

Once they were convinced of his uncanny ability to "connect" his mind to anothers, his credibility firmly in place he would then sell them his products, charms and even books.

Dark never sold his 5 shot, it was his "Golden Goose". Then in 1938 he decided to retire the show and return home to North Carolina.

Before Dark's final show Cornelius Hobbs offered Dark a deal, $1,000 for the rights to sell the 5 Shot, far more money then Hobbs would ever recoup from selling the cards themselves, but the "draw" would be worth it and the money was his way of saying "thank you" to Dark for all the crowds he drew in over the years.

Dark agreed with the terms and Hobbs started producing the cards in 1938 at his Trinity Press in Salem, but something strange happened.

The "marketeer" had second thoughts. His old friend Dark had kept the secret of the 5 Shot for over 40 years. How could he release it? He decided he could not.

He took the case of cards and gave them out to members of Sanctum and those he could trust to keep the secret of the 5 shot. They were never sold to the public. Some say only a handful still exist today. A relic of the great days of the Medicine Show and secrets kept.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Email me for a pre-order price of $45
Starts shipping this coming thursday and the price will go to $60 shipped world wide
Pictured below is the box with label (crib) Smile

Thanks!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
626 Posts

Profile of brehan
Hi Rick before ordering is there also a picture of the front?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 04:11, brehan wrote:
Hi Rick before ordering is there also a picture of the front?

Here's one of the fronts. It's a test we did on aging, font size and whether to use the Carnie style or the Carnie traditional. The camera washed out the nice aging and color. The card and art are much "richer" looking in hand. I'll post some nicer pics Monday when I have the finished sets come in.

The cards are also hand waxed and this card was not a wax test.

You may notice a couple of Carnie cards in there with the traditional cards. We decided to use the Carnie traditional for the cards.

The "desires" below each card are used either as an additional reading or a combined reading with the card of their choice.
There is also a 6th card in the box we call the "legend" card, it is a bold crib Smile . Even if you know the 22 arcana it's still nice to have.

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Email me for a pre-order price of $45
Starts shipping this coming thursday and the price will go to $60 shipped world wide
Pictured below is the box with label (crib) Smile

Thanks!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
950 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Looks great Rick! So does this come with routines and manuala as well? or just the major arcana cards and crib card?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 21:41, Mind illusionist wrote:
Looks great Rick! So does this come with routines and manuals as well? or just the major arcana cards and crib card?

Comes with a manual with a couple of routines, "reading" suggestions etc and a private forum. It's really a Tarot reading, so we do include basic reading and meaning of each card, but anyone that reads tarot will have their own interpretation based on who they are reading for.

If a buyer is new to tarot the manual will give them the traditional interpretations and combine them with a reading for the "desires"
Both the lid and the legend card are cribs so there is no memory work Smile

Webpage and discount are up.
5 Shot
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Webpage is up and being "tweaked" right now. and they are at $45 shipped. The price will go to $60 at midnight on Tuesday. They will be in stock Tuesday, aged and shipping by Thursday. So save yerself 15 bucks Smile

It's really a beautiful piece and the props are a great addition to any "Hauntique"
Had a lot of fun working with Bobby Hasbun on this effect.

I'd also like to credit the very talented Mr. Paul Prater for his help with the back design graphics
5 Shot
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
This looks Great!
I could not take it anymore,my order is in! Smile

Now is the time to get,with the discount price!

How many effects,in our select little group,can be purchased at $45.00 ?

Thanks,Rick!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 16:37, Roth wrote:
Dark worked the Wonder Tour. He had traveled the west with his own Medicine Show for 40 years. One day he chanced upon the Wonder Tour and met Hobbs, who convinced him to join and travel with the tour.

Dark sold miracle elixirs (snake oil), potions, herbs, cures for baldness and various other staples of the Medicine Show wagon. He would bring crowds in with his demonstration of his 5 Shot.

Once they were convinced of his uncanny ability to "connect" his mind to anothers, his credibility firmly in place he would then sell them his products, charms and even books...

He took the case of cards and gave them out to members of Sanctum and those he could trust to keep the secret of the 5 shot. They were never sold to the public. Some say only a handful still exist today. A relic of the great days of the Medicine Show and secrets kept.

This is very a very cool and connected storyline that you have created! Interestingly enough, my ancestral line leads back to people who actually worked in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. I guess it is no accident that I love what you are creating here.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
I just put in my order!

-Max
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
353 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Thanks, Rick! Very generous of you. Looks insanely good...and it looks like it's a two-headed love-child from OE and AM, to boot! I realize, it's probably not the first time this has happened. Smile
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Ordered.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2012-11-12 00:30, Roth wrote:
The price will go to $60 at midnight on Tuesday. They will be in stock Tuesday, aged and shipping by Thursday. So save yerself 15 bucks Smile

Tonight's, the night...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
You guys are in for a treat. Long time tarot reader Cody Stoltz (Dark Dawn)was brought in to write the 22 readings that combine the card reading and the "desire" reading. It's all gold. Bobby and I are very happy to have Stoltz contributing his expertise.

Not only do you get the effect, but you get the insight into how a true reader interprets the cards. Of course there are many true readers on this board so for those that are just starting or want to learn, Cody's reading will point you in the right direction.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Mr Roth, are you shipping the first orders today?

-Max
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Orders are shipping tomorrow only because I had Cody Stoltz add a complete treatise on tarot reading to the manual and 22 reading, one for each card.

I did raise the price up $15 to $60 including shipping but if anyone on Spooky wants the $45 price (and see's this post) PM me and get it at $45 for a limited time.

Shutter bug is also shipping!

Thanks!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mr Dark's 5 Shot Tarot (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL