The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mr Dark's 5 Shot Tarot (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
http://www.google.ca/imgres?num=10&um=1&......s:0,i:66

One of my favourite books from childhood...

Now ya got me thinking of bringing the witch, Cooger, the lighting rod salesman and more into some routine or act... and a time travel merry go round... and an electric chair... and a mirror maze of madness... oh yeah yeah... Mr. Dark -> BTW Lucy Cypher (Yes you Autumn!!!) Mr. Dark is one of the Autumn people from Ray Bradbury's works...

“For these beings, fall is ever the normal season, the only weather, there be no choice beyond. Where do they come from? The dust. Where do they go? The grave. Does blood stir their veins? No: the night wind. What ticks in their head? The worm. What speaks from their mouth? The toad. What sees from their eye? The snake. What hears with their ear? The abyss between the stars. They sift the human storm for souls, eat flesh of reason, fill tombs with sinners. They frenzy forth....Such are the autumn people.”
― Ray Bradbury
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
I had a great time working with Roth the past couple months on the 5Shot.. Talked with him today and he said all orders up to today will ship next week starting on Monday!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Splendid! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
All 5 shot orders have shipped! (up to last Friday)
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
61 Posts

Profile of Don H
The SM as well?
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Now I will be checking my mail box eachnight when I get home. I hope I get it in time to play with during the long weekend.

-Max
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Yes! I got mine on Wednesday. The box the cards come in is even very nicely aged, and the whole thing looks fantastic! If you own some other Outlaw products you may even already be familiar with a part of the workings. Now after looking it over and reading the documentation, I think I really want to get a set of the Tarot cards that match the images on the 5 shot so that I can bring out a larger card for the sitter to see so I can discuss aspects of the symbolism on the card they chose.

-Max
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Mine arrived this morning. The aging is excellent and, presented properly, the effect is strong.
Ragged Robin
View Profile
New user
Boondock
26 Posts

Profile of Ragged Robin
Holy Wow!!! This is awesome! I got mine on Wed before the holiday. Aging is great. I was a little worried about the colours as a lot of artificially aged items tend to use colours not in use on general printing at the time. These look great though. Smile The leetle secret is well placed and easy. If you know your tarot (and you should) then there's really nothing to learn - immediately useful.
Sooo I already have been playing around with handlings - mixing it with DDT is nice, but might have to get the deck that matches. This is so powerful that my usual test-subjects were half convinced I was using dark powers. If you haven't already, do it! Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-11-25 23:07, Ragged Robin wrote:
Holy Wow!!! This is awesome! I got mine on Wed before the holiday. Aging is great. I was a little worried about the colours as a lot of artificially aged items tend to use colours not in use on general printing at the time. These look great though. Smile The leetle secret is well placed and easy. If you know your tarot (and you should) then there's really nothing to learn - immediately useful.
Sooo I already have been playing around with handlings - mixing it with DDT is nice, but might have to get the deck that matches. This is so powerful that my usual test-subjects were half convinced I was using dark powers. If you haven't already, do it! Smile

Welcome, Robin!
The traditional carnie tarot (the deck that matches) is a must (IMO) with 5shot!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
353 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Received mine last Wednesday. Coming from the West Coast USA to the East Coast, that was pretty fast. Thanks, Rick! PDF delivery was quick too, once I remembered to send the email. Smile

Now that I've read about using this with the Carnie Tarot....oh man. Smile
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
This looks like great fun; order placed. (An idea straight from Hoffman I think?)
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Does anyone know yet what the significance to the desires are? I understand the reveal of the card but where does the desire tie in? Is it just to give you a direction to go when talking about the chosen card?

-Max
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-11-27 14:52, maxnew40 wrote:
Does anyone know yet what the significance to the desires are? I understand the reveal of the card but where does the desire tie in? Is it just to give you a direction to go when talking about the chosen card?

-Max

Cards can be read many ways, it's up to the reader to do their own interpretation, and that will vary with the particular sitter.

The "desires" or "fortunes" are something the sitter has seen and may assume there is possibly some connection to their card or to themselves.

As seen in the manual, the desire can be incorporated into the reading as a visual anchor. They are now getting a reading that ties into something they know (the desire) as opposed to the readers personal interpretation of just the card, making it seem more personal.

The desire can also be used as an additional "fortune" reading after the card has been interpreted.

Lastly, they make the cards look a little cooler Smile A bit more "carnie".
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Does this work as well with Dark Dawn as with Carnie? How? PM if inappropriate to answer here.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Thanks for the quick explaination Roth. If I were to order a set of cards that matched the images on the 5 shot, would I get the Carnie Flemish arcana?

-Max
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2012-11-27 15:57, aligator wrote:
Does this work as well with Dark Dawn as with Carnie? How? PM if inappropriate to answer here.

If you decide to link it with a Tarot deck, it can be linked with any. DDT is a beautiful deck and I recommend getting it regardless. However, if you want the deck to match the images on the 5shot, that would be the Carnie Flemish (also beautiful and recommended).
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
This is charming.
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
Wow Just got my 5 shot! What can I say that hasn't already been said? Oh yeah! This is the best system ever! I say system because it's more than a trick... You can deliver a very good reading with these cards as your catalyst.. Well done.. Well done...
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
Update... So I did a test performance on my captive lunch audience (co-workers) and they thought I was the devil! they had no clue.. It worked really well doing two readings at a time... try it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mr Dark's 5 Shot Tarot (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL